SSC CGL 2020-21 Preparation Tips, Best Strategies, Study Material Online: The notification for the SSC CGL Examination is out for the year 2020-21. Candidates can apply online to register for the examination. Every year a huge number of aspirants actively participates in this examination for various posts of Group B and C under the different department of Government of India.
SSC CGL examination is most renowned examination after the UPSC Civil Service exam. The examination is conducted nationwide and the success rate is comparatively less than other examinations conducted by the SSC. The reason behind low success rate is the numerous candidates who apply for the examination. However, through proper guidance, preparation tips, Best Strategies etc. you can easily clear the examination.
In this article, we will be helping the candidates by providing SSC CGL 2020-21 Preparation Tips along with the best online study material. We assure you that the information provided in the article will provide great help to the students preparing for the SSC CGL Exams 2021.
- 1 SSC CGL Exam Overview
- 2 Important SSC CGL Books
SSC CGL Exam Overview
The application are active till 31st January 2021. The examination for SSC CGL are to be commenced from 29th May to 7th June 2021. Results are expected to be declared in the month of June 2021. The authority has released a total of 6506 posts for the candidates. The vacancies concludes the post of Audit officer, Assistance Statistical Officer, Sub-Inspector, Assistant Sectional Officer.
SSC CGL Tier-1 Exam Pattern
For the SSC CGL 2021 preliminary examination, candidates will be provided a total time of 60 minutes to solve the sections, shown below.
|Serial No.||Sections||No. of Questions||Total Marks|
|1||General Intelligence and Reasoning||25||50|
SSC CGL Tier-2 Exam Pattern
The mains examination for the written test will be second phase of recruitment under SSC CGL Recruitment 2021 will comprise of following sections mentioned below.
|Serial No.||Papers||No. of Questions||Total Marks||Time Allotted|
|1||Paper-I: Quantitative Ability||100||200||2 hours|
|2||Paper-II: English Language and Comprehension||200||200||2 hours|
|3||Paper-III: Statistics||100||200||2 hours|
|4||Paper-IV: General Studies (Finance and Economics)||100||200||2 hours|
SSC CGL Tier-3 Exam Pattern
The tier -3 exam for the SSC CGL 2021 will comprise of a Descriptive test which will be bilingual in nature. The time limit of 1 hour 60 min will be provided for the examination whose contents are provided below.
|Bilingual (English/Hindi) Descriptive Paper (Writing of Essay, Precise, Letter, Application etc.)||100 marks||1 hour or 60 minutes|
SSC CGL Tier-4 Exam Pattern
The final phase of recruitment for SSC CGL 2021. This phase will be for some selected posts mentioned in the notification. The
“Data Entry Speed Test”: Typing speed of the candidate will be checked. Applicant have to type Two thousand (2000 words) on a computer in English language.
“Computer Proficiency Test”: Typing, Excel, PowerPoint assessment will be given by the authority to check the proficiency of the candidate.
Important Preparation Tips for SSC CGL 2020 Tier 1
The level of the examination conducted by the Go through the points below which provides the best strategies to prepare for the SSC CGL Examination 2021.
- Applicant must do the consistent practice for General Intelligence and Reasoning.
- Themes like riddles, figure-based inquiries, similarity, coding-disentangling, arrangement, are especially scoring. Begin settling these and afterward, proceed onward to more adaptable inquiries. You will observer a critical improvement in your precision inside half a month in the event that you practice consistently.
- Non-verbal thinking themes like picture collecting, figure-tallying, and so forth request you to utilize visual creative mind. Try not to skip or disregard these inquiries as they may appear to be tedious to you at first. Rehearsing them is the most ideal approach to make them less tedious.
- While rehearsing, you should target endeavoring at any rate 15-20 inquiries in a short time with sensible precision. In the test also, attempt to finish this segment isn’t over 20 minutes.
- Set up the subjects in the request for need referenced here; it is as per the patterns saw over the most recent couple of years. Science> Polity> History> Geography> Economy> Miscellaneous
Section Wise Details of SSC CGL Syllabus
Check out the section-wise SSC CGL preparation tips for tier-I below:
|General Awareness||Candidate’s ability to observe things around them will be tested in this section. Applicants must go through the national and international affairs of at least 6 months. Proper notes should be prepared for the section so that you can revise the notes easily. The question will be asked from various aspects of the subjects of History, Geography, Economics, Science etc.|
|General Intelligence & Reasoning||The section will comprise of question regarding verbal and non verbal reasoning. The section will include questions from Spatial Orientation, Judgment, Similarities and Differences, Syllogistic Reasoning, Number Series, Problem-Solving, S Analogies, Coding and Decoding, Arithmetic Non-Verbal Series, Decision-Making, Statement Conclusion, Space Visualization, Visual Memory etc.|
|Quantitative Aptitude||To achieve success in the Quantitative section in the SSC CGL examination, the habit of regular practice of mock test is very important. Through daily mocks you can increase your efficiency. Candidates must have a go through of the mock after attempting it. Candidates must note their mistake and try not to repeat it in the examination. Question from following topic will be asked i.e. Decimals & Fractions, Square Roots, Time & distance, Profit and Loss, Whole Numbers, Averages, Time & Work, Ratio & Proportion, Percentage, Discount, geometrical problems etc.|
|English Comprehension||The section also requires daily practice. The section is scoring and requires less practice than other section of the examination. Some important thump rule to be mesmerized by the candidate and rest work is completed itself by attempting mock test daily. The section can also be improved by reading of newspaper editorials, books etc.|
Other Essential Tips for SSC CGL Exam Preparation
- Long period goals are sometimes difficult to achieve, therefore go for short term goals.
- Don’t go for completing the book in one day, instead cover some topic thoroughly.
- Prepare a time table and stick to the schedule mention in it. Try not to skip the routine mentioned in the Time table.
- Devote 1 to 2 hours for mock test and after each mock valuate your performance.
- Try not to mug up things. Go through the basics of the chapter.
- Last but not the lease, take proper sleep and if you feel bored from studies go through some education videos.
Important SSC CGL Books
Right books are very essential in order to succeed in the examination. As per previous experiences share by various aspirants who appeared for the SSC CGL examination we have come up with the following books that are helpful for the preparation of SSC CGL Examinations.
|General Intelligence & Reasoning||Modern Approach to Verbal & Non-Verbal Reasoning by RS Aggarwal||Analytical Reasoning by MK Pandey|
|Quantitative Aptitude||Elementary & Advanced Mathematics by Kiran Prakashan||Advance Maths by Rakesh Yadav|
|General Awareness||Manorama Yearbook||General Knowledge by Lucent Publication|
|English Comprehension||English for General Competitions: from Plinth to Paramount (Volume – 1) by Neetu Singh/KD Publications||Objective General English by SP Bakshi/Arihant|
|SSC CGL Recruitment 2021 Online Form|
|SSC CGL Syllabus 2020-21|
|SSC CGL Admit Card|
|SSC CGL Tier 1 Expected Cut Off|
|SSC CGL Tier II Result|
Candidates can share their queries regarding the SSC CGL 2020-21 Preparation Tips, Best Strategies, Study Material Online on the comment section below.