NDA Preparation Tips 2021: National Defence Academy (NDA) is a joint academy for services in the Indian Armed Forces. Located in Maharashtra, India. The cadets of all the three services are trained together here, i.e., Navy, Army, and the Air Force. Military education is provided, to train the cadets and make pioneer junior leaders for the Indian Armed Forces. To attain more clarity regarding the NDA 2021 exam, this article will provide you with all the valuable information you will need, to achieve your aim of getting selected in the NDA. It contains information about the exam, sections of the exam, weightage of the individual section, syllabus, exclusive tips to prepare, and best books recommendation.
- 1 NDA 2021- Information
- 2 Make it Through the NDA 2021 Exam!
- 3 Tips to Prepare for NDA 2021
NDA 2021- Information
|Conducted||Two times (in a year)|
|Steps of process||Two (Written exam and Interview of SBB)|
|Age limit||16-19 years|
|Mode of Exam||Offline|
|Medium of Exam||English, Hindi|
|No. of Attempts||No cap|
Make it Through the NDA 2021 Exam!
NDA entrance is most awaited and the absolute choice for the defence entrance examinations among the candidates who wish to join the army. As you apply for the exam and finally get selected, you need some essential facts and knowledge to know how peculiar the exam will be for you. So you can prepare the best out of what you got.
Syllabus (NDA 2021)
When applying for the NDA exam, class 12th marks are important to get considered for finally joining the academy. So, you need a minimum academic score as well to enter the NDA.
The written examination of NDA is for a duration of five hours. There will be 150 questions of Mathematics and a General Ability Test (GAT) with 120 questions. You can get detailed information about the exam, here- NDA 2021 Exam Pattern, Marking Scheme & NDA Syllabus
- Mathematics covers topics of Algebra, Vector algebra, Determinants, Trigonometry, Analytical geometry, Differential Calculus, Matrices, Statistics and Probability. If you are an Air force and Navy aspirant, mathematics is a valuable section for you to give more focus to.
- GAT incorporate topics of General Science, General Knowledge, English, Geography and Current affairs. It is a general test to quantify the knowledge of the aspirants.
- SBB interview contains two tests, an intelligence test and a personality test to examine you.
SBB Interview is the next phase after the written exam. You are called for the SBB interview, only if you clear the above explained written test of GAT and Mathematics i.e., the first stage of the exam process.
Weightage of Subjects:
|General Knowledge/ General Science||400|
NDA has released dates for exam, check- NDA 2021 Exam Dates
Tips to Prepare for NDA 2021
A good preparation can go along a long way. Preparing better and ahead will get you one step close to your dream of finally joining the military. Some of the valuable preparation tips have been enlisted below:
- Study Material – As you are clear about the topics you can expect to get questions from, in the examination. Focus on collecting the study material relevant only to your aim and not creating a heap of books, you will not even give a read to.
- Clearing the basics– Another very important thing to target is to attain perfection in what you know. Most of the questions covered in the examination are based on the CBSE syllabus curriculum. NCERT class 8th to 12th will be the best option to prepare from and achieve your target.
- Start preparing early – As surveyed from the toppers of the NDA examinations, starting ahead is the key. Don’t wait for the 12th standard to get you preparing. As early you start, the better will be your chance to join the NDA.
- Creating a Study Plan – A plan is very necessary to make you reach the aim. You can create a study timetable specific to the portions of exam you want to ace at. Creating your own study plan will help you utilize the time you have, wisely and not waste it over the things unessential to give time to.
- Note making – Try keeping your notes short yet informative enough to include all the necessary points to help you get through the examination. Create notes in a convenient writing style, keeping it short and easy.
- Solve previous year question papers – Solving the question papers from the previous years will help you analyze the manner in which the questions will be put forward and how to answer them. Also, you will get an idea about the type of questions.
- Strong determination – “A strong will”, is all it takes to achieve anything in life because ultimately it depends on you, how much effort you make to turn your dreams into a reality.
- Be persistent and Revise often – This cannot be stressed much. Nothing will pay off more as your revision will. The more you revise, the more it ensures that you’re updated and you cannot go wrong anytime on the final day of the examination. Persistence is the key to get what you truly desire.
- Stay Motivated- Be positive, do not overstress and do not let your spirit go low. You need to trust yourself that you can make through it and you got all it takes to be a part of the most institution of such prestige.
- What to Avoid? – Avoid learning any new topics when the examination is just a few day’s wait. It will only make you panic more and will be of no help to you.
Improve Your English
English is an essential element of NDA. To be a part of NDA, it is obligatory for you to know English in speaking and writing. In written examination also, English section solely has a weightage of 200 marks and is mandatory to be attempted in English only. Moreover, English is important for the SBB interview as well. So, there is absolutely no way that you can escape this part of the paper.
What you can do?
- Communicating is the best way to polish your English speaking skills. Communicate in English.
- You can practice the basic grammar rules and try framing sentences in accordance with the rules.
- Read newspaper in English everyday to upgrade your vocabulary and also improve your basic grammar as you jot down the main points. (Bonus point: it will keep you updated with current scenarios of the world, so your preparation for current affairs is covered up simultaneously).
Maintain Your Health
For any NDA aspirant, health is an important aspect to be considered and focused upon. If you want to get selected, you must be physically fit. NDA has a specific height and weight criteria which is a must to follow and is specific for each age group. Although, the height statistics varies from region to region i.e., for candidates of Garhwal, Kumaun and north-east and Gorkhas certain relaxation is there. Also, for Navy the thigh length, leg length and sitting height is taken into account. Basically, there are various parameters to scale your physical fitness. So you need to make sure, you are working on every aspect of your health. Visual standards are also to be maintained by the aspirants of Indian Air Force.
What you can do?
- Maintain you weight. You need not to be neither overweight nor underweight.
- Include running in your daily schedule.
- Incorporate Yoga or any other form of exercise to practice daily.
- Check for any signs of tonsils, nasal septum, waxing in ears, etc.
- Avoid getting injured. To get considered for NDA you should not possess any body defects.
- Do not get infected with any bacterial/ viral/ fungal disease to be selected.
NDA 2021 Book Recommendations
- Mathematics for NDA/ NA – R.S. Aggarwal
- Mathematics for NDA/ NA – S. Chand
- General Knowledge 2021 – Arihant
- Objective General English – S.P. Bakshi
- Objective General English – S. Chand
- GO TO NDA/ NA Guide for General Science- Disha experts
- NDA/ NA Solved papers – Arihant
Tips for the Examination Day
- Do not forget to carry your Admit card.
- Your photo ID proof.
- Pen. Any other material isn’t allowed inside the examination hall (rough sheets will be provided by the invigilator).
- Refrain from sneaking into other’s answer sheet to avoid getting into trouble.
You’re all set to make through!
NDA 2021- Useful Links
|UPSC NDA I Application Form 2021|
|How to Fill NDA 2021 Application Form|
|NDA 2021 Exam Dates|
|NDA Admit Card 2021|
|NDA Books 2021 – Best Books for NDA Exam Preparation|
|NDA 2021 Exam Pattern|
|NDA Eligibility Criteria 2021|