IBPS Recruitment preparation 2023- IBPS conducts the recruitment exam every year to recruit candidates from different banks for different jobs. Many public sector banks participate in IBPS recruitment and every year the number of candidates also increases. As the number of candidates increases so the difficulty level of the exam increases along with the competition. In this article, we will discuss the preparation strategy for the IBPS exam.
We will start this article with the IBPS Exam schedule for 2023. As the clerk and RRB examination are in their last state and IBPS PO notification is also released. In the next section, we have compiled information about IBPS PO Recruitment 2023.
How to Prepare for IBPS Recruitment 2023?
As we stated above that clearing the IBPS PO 2023 exam is the dream of many aspirants. As it is a competitive exam so you need a strategy to clear it. Might you are thinking that still you have sufficient time for the preparation but we suggest you start from today onwards to prepare for the exam. As the number of candidates increases so the difficulty level of the exam also increased with time and it is expected that the coming edition of the IBPS PO exam is going to be a tough one.
If you are looking for the IBPS PO exam preparation then here we have some tips for you. Have a look at the below-given ideas for the preparation of the IBPS PO Exam 2023;
Know About The Best IBPS PO Preparation Books
Here are the main books that can help you in your preparation for IBPS Bank PO Prelim exam 202;
- Objective General English Written By S.P. Bakshi
- Quantitative Aptitude for Competitive Examination From R.S. Aggarwal
- Analytical Reasoning from M.K. Pandey
Here we have compiled the most beneficial books for the aspirants of the banking exam. These books will help you in your preparation for IBPS PO Mains exam 2023;
- A Modern Approach to Logical Reasoning By R.S. Aggarwal
- General Studies from B. Singh
- Bank PO Quantitative Aptitude from Arihant Publications
- Advanced Bank Management from IIBF
- Time Table
- It’s important that you give time to all the topics of your exam. If you find any particular subject more difficult then nothing is wrong to dedicate more time to that subject. In the IBPS PO mains exam QA is the section that most of the aspirants find difficult. To assign some more hours to this topic. Mostly students do the common mistake to assign all the time to their studies. It is an unrealistic time table and it becomes tough to follow it so give equal time to studies and other activities. While preparing time table do not forget to give a time slot for newspaper reading.
- Constant Studies
- If you will start your preparation for the IBPS PO exam 2-3 months before the exam then you may not get fruitful results. You need to do regular preparation to get success in the IBPS PO recruitment exam. For a few students, the eleventh-hour study can be helpful but generally, it will not help you. Topics like QA and reasoning especially need regular practice so don’t ignore your preparation for the exam now.
- Mock Test
- Once you complete the syllabus of the exam start solving the mock tests. You will find these tests on many websites and also in the preparation books. Daily practice one mock test and once you get proficient in solving the tests within the given time increase the number of tests. The mock tests will boost your confidence to handle the question paper in the exam hall.
- Collect good study material
- Always pick books from well-known publications and writers. We have given a few names to the book above. You can follow the books given in this article. For current affairs and General knowledge, you can look for the daily newspaper. Newspapers like Hindu, and Times of India are a few of the best newspapers for the preparation of current affairs. You can also trust a few websites for your preparation but do check the solution given there once to check the authenticity of the website.
- Time management
- As we know that every section of the bank PO exam has a particular time limit so you need to be very much adhering to time management. Do not waste more time on a question that is tough for you. Instead of giving a wrong answer leave the question.
- Motivate yourself
- You have a lot of time for the preparation of IBPS recruitment 2023 and during this, you may get bored or tired. Sometimes due to not fulfilling your own expectation you may feel bad. Don’t let these negative feelings overpower you. Keep motivating yourself by patting your back on every small success.
- Keep a separate notebook for the preparation of each section
- Your practice book should not look like a rough book as it will help you in your preparation for the eleventh hour. Give a separate section for the preparation of each topic. You can also have a different not book for each section. For QA we recommend having a separate notebook as this section needs lots of work.
- Take the help of YouTube videos
- If you are into self-study then YouTube will be helpful for you in this. Many YouTube channels can help you to understand tough topics easily. You can also communicate with the teacher through the chatbox. On YouTube channels, you will also get to know about the shortcuts to solve logical and QA questions.
IBPS PO Recruitment 2023
The Institute of Banking Personnel Selection conducts the exam for the recruitment of Probationary Officers (PO) and Clerk every year. IBPS PO Exam is like a gateway for many candidates for the banking job. On clearing the banking exam the candidates will get placed in the banks that participated in this recruitment exam for the position of Probationary Officer. In the IBPS exam, many public sector banks participate so clearing this exam is a dream of many. In 2023 IBPS will conduct the exam for the 10th edition. After the declaration of the result, the selected candidates will get posted in 17 public sectors and Regional Rural Banks. Here have a look at the important dates for the IBPS PO Recruitment exam 2023;
Know The IBPS PO 2023 Exam Pattern
The basic and the most important tip you will get from any professional or person who has cleared the IBPS PO exam is to understand the exam pattern. Once you know about the exam pattern it becomes easy for you to know from where you can get the maximum marks. Here have a look at the IBPS PO exam pattern 2023;
The IBPS PO exam is conducted in three phases; Prelim Exam, Mains Exam, and Interview. You will get detailed information about both of the written exams in this section.
IBPS PO Prelim Exam
IBPS conducts the preliminary examination to refine the candidates. The difficulty level of the IBPS PO Prelim exam is easy to moderate. This exam is qualifying in nature and in the final score, no marks of this exam will be added. All those candidates who will clear this exam will become eligible to take the main exam so it’s like the first hurdle for the IBPS PO Post.
The IBPS PO exam is conducted online mode. In this exam, objective-type questions will be asked. The questions will be for 100 marks and the number of questions will be 100. The exam will be divided into different sections. For every correct answer, the candidate will get 1 mark and for every incorrect answer, 0.25 marks of the candidate will get deducted. If any question is un-attempted then no marks will be deducted. The exam will be bilingual and questions will be asked in Hindi and English. The table given below has more information about IBPS PO Prelim Exam;
|Section Name||Total Question||Marks||Duration|
|Reasoning Ability||35||35||60 minutes|
IBPS PO Bank Mains Exam 2023 Pattern
After clearing the IBPS PO Prelim exam 2023 the candidates will reach the IBPS PO Mains exam. The difficulty level of this exam is moderate to difficult. As it’s a must to clear this exam to get the post of PO in banks so you need to put more effort into your preparation. Like IBPS PO Prelim exam the Mains exam will also be conducted in online mode.
In IBPS PO Main exam the sectional and overall cut off are provisional. For each section, a specific sectional time limit has been set by IBPS. Look at the table given below to understand the exam pattern of the IBPS PO Mains exam 2023.
|Section Name||Total Question||Marks||Duration|
|English Language||35||40||40 minutes|
|Data Interpretation and Analysis||35||60||45 minutes|
|Reasoning and Computer Aptitude||45||60||60 minutes|
|General Awareness||40||40||35 minutes|
|English (Essay and Letter Writing)||2||40||35 minutes|
|Total||157 Question||225 marks||3 and ½ hours|
IBPS PO 2023 Exam Pattern for Interview
After clearing the IBPS PO Mains exam the candidate will get shortlisted for the interview round. The higher rank you will get in the IBPS PO Main exam the easy it will be for you to attend the interview. This round is the final stage of the recruitment process for the IBPS PO job. The round will be of 100 marks and it would carry 20% weightage in the final result. The main purpose of this round is to evaluate the communication skills, presence of mind, and personality of the candidate.
IBPS Clerk Recruitment 2023
After sharing detailed information about the IBPS PO Exam pattern 2023, now have a look at the IBPS Clerk Recruitment 2023. The PO post clerk is also an important job that banks offer. IBPS also conducts recruitment for clerks in the public sector and rural banks. IBPS conducts the examination every year for the clerk post as it does for the PO recruitment. For the recruitment of the clerk, the applicants will have to take the prelim exam, mains exam and interview. Here have a look at the important dates for the IBPS Clerk recruitment 2023;
IBPS Clerk Exam Pattern
IBPS conducts the prelim and then the mains exam for clerk recruitment in various banks. All eligible candidates can take the prelim exam and only qualified ones will go for IBPS Clerk Mains Exam. Here have a look at the exam pattern;
IBPS Clerk Prelim Exam 2023
In the IBPS clerk exam, a total of 100 MCQs will be asked for 100 marks. on every right answer, the candidate will get one mark and on every wrong answer, 0.25 marks of the candidate will get deducted. Look at the table given below to understand the exam pattern of IBPS clerk prelim exam 2023;
|Section||Number of Questions||Marks||Time|
|English Language||30||30||20 minutes|
|Numerical Ability||35||35||20 minutes|
|Reasoning Ability||35||35||20 minutes|
|Total||100 Questions||100 Marks||60 minutes|
IBPS Clerk Main Exam 2023
The IBPS Main exam will be having 190 questions for 200 marks. Here have a look at the table given below to understand the exam pattern for the main examination for clerk posts in various banks.
|Sections||No. of Questions||Maximum Marks||Sectional Duration|
|General/ Financial Awareness||50||50||35|
|Reasoning Ability and Computer Aptitude||50||60||45|