IBPS Recruitment preparation 2020- IBPS conducts the recruitment exam every year to recruit the candidates in different banks on different jobs. Many public sector banks participating in IBPS recruitment and every year the number of candidates also increases. As the number of candidates increases so the difficulty level of exam increases along with the competition. In this article, we will discuss the preparation strategy for the IBPS exam.
We will start this article with the IBPS Exam schedule for 2020. Though 2020 just started and you as an aspirant must be thinking that you have lots of time. But the level of competition is so high in this exam that you cannot take it lightly. In the next section, we have compiled the information about IBPS PO Recruitment 2020.
How to Prepare for IBPS Recruitment 2020
As we stated above that clearing the IBPS PO 2020 exam is the dream of many aspirants. As it is a competitive exam so you need a strategy to clear it. Might be you are thinking that still you have sufficient time for the preparation but we suggest you start from today onwards to prepare for the exam. As the number of candidates increases so the difficulty level of the exam also increased with the time and it is expected that the coming edition of the IBPS PO exam is going to be a tough one.
If you are looking for the IBPS PO exam preparation then here we have some tips for you. Have a look at the below-given ideas for the preparation of IBPS PO Exam 2020;
Know About The Best IBPS PO Preparation Books
Here are the main books that can help you in your preparation for IBPS Bank PO Prelim exam 2020;
- Objective General English Written By S.P. Bakshi
- Quantitative Aptitude for Competitive Examination From R.S. Aggarwal
- Analytical Reasoning from M.K. Pandey
Here we have compiled about the most beneficial books for the aspirants of the banking exam. These books will help you in your preparation for IBPS PO Mains exam 2020;
- A Modern Approach to Logical Reasoning By R.S. Aggarwal
- General Studies 2019 from B. Singh
- Bank PO Quantitative Aptitude from Arihant Publications
- Advanced Bank Management from IIBF
- Time Table
- It’s important that you give time to all the topics of your exam. If you find any particular subject more difficult then nothing is wrong to dedicate more time to that subject. In IBPS PO mains exam QA is the section that most of the aspirants find difficult. To assign some more hours to this topic. Most of the students do a common mistake to assign all the time to the studies. It is an unrealistic time table and it becomes tough to follow it so give equal time to studies and other activities. While preparing time table do not forget to give a time slot for newspaper reading.
- Constant Studies
- If you will start your preparation for the IBPS PO exam 2-3 months before the exam then you may not get fruitful results. You need to do regular preparation to get success in the IBPS PO recruitment exam. For a few students, the eleventh-hour study can be helpful but generally, it will not help you. Topics like QA and reasoning especially need regular practice so don’t ignore your preparation for the exam now.
- Mock Test
- Once you complete the syllabus of the exam starts solving the mock tests. You will find these tests on many websites and also in the preparation books. Daily practice one mock test and once you get proficient in solving the tests within the given time increase the numbers of tests. The mock tests will boost up your confidence to handle the question paper in the exam hall.
- Collect good study material
- Always pick the books from well-known publications and writers. We have given a few names of the book above. You can follow the books given in this article. For current affairs and General knowledge, you can look for the daily newspaper. Newspapers like Hindu, Times of India are a few of the best newspapers for the preparation of current affairs. You can also trust on a few websites for your preparation but do check the solution given there once to check the authenticity of the website.
- Time management
- As we know that every section of the bank PO exam has a particular time limit so you need to be very much adhering about time management. Do not waste more time on a question that is tough for you. Instead of giving a wrong answer leave the question.
- Motivate yourself
- You have a lot of time for the preparation of IBPS recruitment 2020 and during this, you may get bored or tired. Sometimes due to not fulfill your own expectation you may feel bad. Don’t let these negative feelings overpower you. Keep motivating yourself by patting your back on every small success.
- Keep a separate notebook for the preparation of each section
- Your practice book should not look like a rough book as it will help you in your preparation for the eleventh hour. Give a separate section for the preparation of each topic. You can also have a different not book for each section. For QA we recommend having a separate notebook as this section needs lots of work.
- Take the help of YouTube videos
- If you are into the self-study then YouTube will be helpful for you in this. Many of the YouTube channels can help you to understand the tough topics easily. You can also communicate with the teacher through the chatbox. On YouTube channels, you will also get to know about the shortcuts to solve the logical and QA questions.
The Institute of Banking Personnel Selection conducts the exam for the recruitment of Probationary Officers (PO) and Clerk every year. IBPS PO Exam is like a gateway for many candidates for the banking job. On clearing the banking exam the candidates will get placed in the banks who participated in this recruitment exam on the position of Probationary Officer. In IBPS exam many public sector banks participate so clearing this exam is a dream of many. In 2020 IBPS will conduct the exam for the 10th edition. After the declaration of the result, the selected candidates will get posted in 17 public sectors and Regional Rural Banks. Here have a look at the important dates for the IBPS PO Recruitment exam 2020;
|Important Events||Tentative Dates|
|IBPS PO Notification Release Date||By 1st week of August 2020|
|Online Registration to Apply for the vacant posts will start in||August 2020|
|The Admit card for the Prelim Exam Will be released in||September 2020|
|IBPS PO Prelim Exam Will be conducted on||3rd, 4th & 10th October 2020|
|Result of IBPS PO Prelim Exam 2020 will be Released in||Last week of October 2020|
|IBPS PO 2020 Mains exam will be conducted on||28th November 2020|
|The Result of IBPS Mains Exam will be released on||December 2020|
|Interview for the recruitment of IBPS PO will be conducted in||January/ February 2021|
|IBPS PO 2020 Provisional Allotment will be done on||1st April 2021|
Know The IBPS PO 2020 Exam Pattern
The basic and the most important tip you will get from any professional or the person who has cleared the IBPS PO exam is to understand the exam pattern. Once you know about the exam pattern it becomes easy for you to know from where you can get the maximum marks. Here have a look at the IBPS PO exam pattern 2020;
The IBPS PO exam is conducted in three phases; Prelim Exam, Mains Exam, and Interview. You will get detailed information about both of the written exams in this section.
IBPS PO Prelim Exam
IBPS conducts the preliminary examination to refine the candidates. The difficulty level of the IBPS PO Prelim exam is easy to moderate. This exam is qualifying in nature and in the final score, no marks of this exam will be added. All those candidates who will clear this exam will become eligible to take the mains exam so it’s like the first hurdle for the IBPS PO Post.
The IBPS PO exam is conducted in online mode. In this exam, the objective type questions will be asked. The questions will be for 100 marks and the number of questions will be 100. The exam will be divided into different sections. For every correct answer, the candidate will get 1 mark and for every incorrect answer, .25 marks of the candidate will get deducted. If any question is un-attempted then no marks will be deducted. The exam will be bilingual and questions will be asked in Hindi and English both. The table given below have more information about IBPS PO Prelim Exam;
|Section Name||Total Question||Marks||Duration|
|Reasoning Ability||35||35||60 minutes|
IBPS PO Bank Mains Exam 2020 Pattern
After clearing the IBPS PO Prelim exam 2020 the candidates will reach the IBPS PO Mains exam. The difficulty level of this exam is moderate to difficult. As it’s a must to clear this exam to get the post of PO in banks so you need to put more effort into your preparation. Like IBPS PO Prelim exam the Mains exam will also be conducted in online mode.
In IBPS PO Main exam the sectional and overall cut off is provisioned. For each section, a specific sectional time limit has been set by IBPS. Look at the table given below to understand the exam pattern of the IBPS PO Mains exam 2020.
|Section Name||Total Question||Marks||Duration|
|English Language||35||40||40 minutes|
|Data Interpretation and Analysis||35||60||45 minutes|
|Reasoning and Computer Aptitude||45||60||60 minutes|
|General Awareness||40||40||35 minutes|
|English (Essay and Letter Writing)||2||40||35 minutes|
|Total||157 Question||225 marks||3 and ½ hours|
IBPS PO 2019 Exam Pattern for Interview
After clearing the IBPS PO Mains exam the candidate will get shortlisted for the interview round. The higher rank you will get in the IBPS PO Main exam the easy it will be for you to attend the interview. This round is the final stage of the recruitment process for the IBPS PO job. The round will be of 100 marks and it would carry 20% weightage in the final result. The main purpose of this round is to evaluate the communication skills, presence of mind and the personality of the candidate.
IBPS Clerk Recruitment 2020
After sharing the detailed information about the IBPS PO Exam pattern 2020, now have a look at the IBPS Clerk Recruitment 2020. Like the PO post clerk is also an important job that banks offer. IBPS also conducts the recruitment for the clerk in the public sector and rural banks. IBPS conducts the examination every year for the clerk post as it does for the PO recruitment. For the recruitment of the clerk, the applicants will have to take the prelim exam, mains exam and interview. Here have a look at the important dates for the IBPS Clerk recruitment 2020;
|IBPS Clerk Important Events||Important Dates|
|The Notification for IBPS Clerk Recruitment 2020 release Date||September 2020|
|The Online Application Submission process will start in||September 2020|
|The Last Date to apply for the IBPS Clerk Recruitment||October 2020|
|The call letter for IBPS Pre-Exam Training will release||November 2020|
|IBPS Clerk Online Pre Exam Training||November 2020|
|The online examination for IBPS Clerk Prelim Exam will be conducted||12th, 13th, and 19th December 2020|
|Result of IBPS Clerk Prelim Exam will release||January 2021|
|Admit Card for IBPS Clerk Prelim exam will be released on||January 2021|
|IBPS Clerk Main exam 2020 will be conducted on||24th January 2021|
|Final Result of IBPS Clerk Exam will be released||1st April 2021|
IBPS Clerk Exam Pattern
IBPS conducts the prelim and then the mains exam for clerk recruitment in various banks. All eligible candidates can take the prelim exam and only qualified ones will go for IBPS Clerk Mains Exam. Here have a look at the exam pattern;
IBPS Clerk Prelim exam 2020
In the IBPS clerk exam, a total of 100 MCQs will be asked for 100 marks. on every right answer, the candidate will get one mark and on every wrong answer, .25 marks of the candidate will get deducted. Look at the table given below to understand the exam pattern of IBPS clerk prelim exam 2020;
|Section||Number of Questions||Marks||Time|
|English Language||30||30||20 minutes|
|Numerical Ability||35||35||20 minutes|
|Reasoning Ability||35||35||20 minutes|
|Total||100 Questions||100 Marks||60 minutes|
IBPS Clerk Main Exam 2020
The IBPS Main exam will be having 190 questions for 200 marks. Here have a look at the table given below to understand the exam pattern for the mains examination for clerk posts in various banks.
|Sections||No. of Questions||Maximum Marks||Sectional Duration|
|General/ Financial Awareness||50||50||35|
|Reasoning Ability and Computer Aptitude||50||60||45|