GATE 2023 Examination Guidelines: GATE was organized at a national level jointly by IISc Bangalore and seven IITs by consecutive sequences, likewise, IIT Kanpur organize the GATE 2023, by the side of the NCB-National Coordination Board, GOI. It’s a Computer-Based Testing (CBT) held every year. GATE score is effective only for three years. GATE is mandatory for seeking admission to the Postgraduate program as well as PhD and many other scholarships, even also helped students in PSUs recruitment, but it’s not taking any assurance of a job, it totally depends on a person’s ability.
GATE 2023 Examination Guidelines
The examination dates are 4th, 5th, 11th and 12th February 2023, and every day there will be two sessions (forenoon and afternoon), and as per the announcement, the examination date can be changed and the result declaration date will be on 16th March 2023.
Guidelines For GATE-2023
- The candidate’s biometrics information should be captured before the examination for verification.
- A permission letter and one valid government ID proof must carry by the candidate on the day of examination.
- Any kind of electrical device is not permissible inside the examination hall.
- Communication with other candidates during the exam is restricted.
- Any kind of paper even for rough work is not permissible inside the hall.
- Any kind of jewellery is not allowed in the exam hall.
- Candidates must follow the code and ethics if any candidate is found violating the code of conduct, their exam will be cancelled and legal action will be taken.
- The invigilator will provide a rough sheet and pen.
GATE 2023- Important Dates
|Admit Card date||3rd January 2023|
|Examination Day||4th, 5th, 11th and 12th February 2023|
|Date of Result||16th March 2023|
- Candidates are not allowed to get into the examination hall without admit card. Admit card is used for the verification of the candidates.
Documents Required for Application Form
Detail of parents
Scanned copy of the digital photograph
Valid Address detail with a permanent address
Required qualification details of government-verified college
Aspirant ID proof
All qualification certificates scanned copy
|Certificates (if applicable)||scan copy of Person With Disabilities certificate (PWD)|
|Other documents||Payment receipt|
It’s a 100 marks question paper and a number of questions 65 (10- GA & 55- subject question), contains Common General Aptitude (GA) for 15 marks, and the rest of the 85 marks contain subject paper. A candidate can appear for one or two papers, maximum of 2 papers as per the combination approved list. For detailed information, all updates will be available on the https://gate.iitb.ac.in website.
GATE 2023 Exam Preparation Tips
Every year lakhs of students sit in this exam but only a few clear with flying colours. There are the following tips: –
- Go through the syllabus and exam pattern and a rough idea about and start preparation.
- Find top-notch study material and preparation books
- Make your timetable and prepare accordingly
- Focus on general aptitude, which helps to increase the score
- Make your handy notes of some important topics
- Revise topics in a suitable time interval
- Prepare GATE previous years paper and analyze the exam pattern
- Find out your mistakes, and try to solve them, again and again, to make yourself perfect on that topic.
- Try to set a time limit to solve the questions
- Clarify doubts and increase confidence.
FAQs Related to GATE 2023
Yes, but charges are applicable
No, any electronic device is not permitted
In some centres not in every centre, so the responsibility is your own only
There is no limit barrier, candidate can apply multiple times
Not exactly, if you see the previous year’s question papers, the method is the same but the questions are different, so the previous year question paper helpful to mark the essential topics.
It will be released by 3rd Jan 2023.