GATE 2021 Examination Guidelines: GATE organized at a national level jointly by IISc Bangalore and seven IITs by the consecutive sequences, likewise, IIT Bombay organize the GATE 2021, by the side of the NCB-National Coordination Board, GOI. Its a Computer-Based Testing (CBT) held every year. GATE score effective only for three years. GATE is mandatory for seeking admission to the Postgraduate program as well as Ph.D. and many other scholarships, even also helped students in PSUs recruitment, but it’s not taking any assurance of a job, it totally depends on a person’s ability.
Grab the GATE 2021 Admit Card available on 8th January 2021
GATE 2021 Examination Guidelines
The examinations dates are 5th, 6th, 7th, 12th, 13th, &14th February 2021, and every day there will be two sessions (forenoon and afternoon), and as per the announcement, examination date can be changed because of covid-19 and result declaration date will be on 22nd March 2021.
Guidelines For GATE-2021
- Candidate’s biometrics information should be captured before the examination for verification.
- A permission letter and one valid government ID proof must carry by the candidate at the day of examination.
- Any kind of electrical-device is not permissible inside the examination hall.
- Communication with other candidates during the exam is restricted.
- Any kind of paper even for rough work is not permission able inside the hall.
- Any kind of jewelry is not allowed in the exam hall.
- Candidates must follow the code and ethics if any candidate found violating the code of conduct, their exam will be canceled and legal action will be taken.
- The invigilator will provide a rough sheet and pen.
GATE 2021- Important Dates
|Admit Card date||8 January 2021|
|Examination Day||5th, 6th, 7th, 12th, 13th, &14th February 2021|
|Date of Result||22nd March 2021.|
- Candidates are not allowed to get into the examination hall without admit card. Admit card is the used for the verification of the candidates.
Documents Required for Application Form
Detail of parents
Scanned copy of digital photograph
Valid Address detail with a permanent address
Required qualification details of government verified college
Aspirant ID proof
All qualification certificates scanned copy
|Certificates (if applicable)||scan copy of Person With Disabilities certificate (PWD)|
|Other documents||Payment receipt|
Till 2020, 24 papers were conducted by IIT but from 2021, 27 papers will be conducted by IIT Bombay, two new subjects were introduced, one is ES (Environmental Science and Engineering) and other one is XH (Humanities and Social Sciences) in Economics / English / Linguistics / Philosophy / Psychology / Sociology.
It’s a 100 marks question paper and a number of questions 65 (10- GA & 55- subject question), contains Common General Aptitude (GA) for 15 marks, and rest 85 marks contain subject paper. A candidate can appear for one or two papers, maximum 2 papers as per the combination approved list. For detailed information, all updates will be available on the https://gate.iitb.ac.in website.
GATE 2021 Exam Preparation Tips
Every year lakhs of students sit in this exam but only few clear with flying colours. There are following tips: –
- Go through the syllabus and exam pattern and a rough idea about and start preparation.
- Find top-notch study material and preparation books
- Make your timetable and prepare accordingly
- Focus on general aptitude, which helps to increase the score
- Make your handy notes of some important topics
- Revise topics in a suitable time interval
- Prepare GATE previous years paper and analyze the exam pattern
- Find out your mistakes, and try to solve it, again and again, to make yourself perfect on that topic.
- Try to set a time limit to solve the questions
- Clarify doubts and increase confidence.
Important Links For GATE 2021
- For more updates Click here.
- GATE 2021 Books
- GATE Answer Key 2021
- GATE Result 2021 Check Gate Result Date Score Card PSU Cut Off Marks
- GATE 2021 Exam Dates- Check Subject Wise Complete Schedule
FAQ’s Related to GATE 2021
Yes, but charges are applicable
No, any electronic device is not permitted
In some centers not in every centre, so the responsibility is your own only
There is no limit barrier, candidate can apply multiple times
Not exactly, if you see the pervious year question papers, the method is same but questions are different, so pervious year question paper helpful to mark the essential topics.
It will be released by 8th Jan 2021.
By seeing the current situation, the exam date already announced i.e. 5th, 6th, 7th, 12th, 13th, &14th February 2021, but because of the covid pandemic the exam might be postponed but right now the candidates must prepare themselves for any situation.
Other Useful links :
|What to do after engineering?|
|Civil Engineering- Jobs|
|Electrical Engineering Jobs|
|Mechanical Engineering Jobs|
|Computer Science And Engineering Jobs|
|GATE Admit Card 2021 (8th Jan) Download GATE Hall Ticket|