Assam NEET Cut Off 2023: College & Category Wise Cut Off Marks

After appearing for the NEET 2023 Examination on 7th May the students are now looking for NEET 2022 Results, Cut off Marks which has been announced on 13th June 2023. As the NEET result is announced the authority will soon release the Assam NEET Cut Off Marks. As a NEET aspirant, you must be already aware that 15% of seats in a medical college are reserved for the All India Quota and the rest 85% of seats are available for admission in the medical courses under the state quota.

The admission procedure in all the seats in different states is almost the same but the authorities that offer admission under state quota are different hence the cut off is different for admission in the medical courses in different states. In this post, we will discuss the expected NEET cut off 2023 for Assam.

Assam neet cut off marks
Assam neet cut off

Assam NEET Cut Off 2023

NEET Cut Off for Assam will be released by the Directorate of Medical Education (DME), Assam after the counselling session will be concluded. The aforementioned committee is responsible to offer admission to the NEET qualified students in MBBS or BDS courses only for the 85% of seats that come under the state quota. The admission of the eligible applicants for the rest 15% of seats will be done by the  Medical Council Committee of the Directorate General of Health Sciences.

Here the term qualifies applicants denotes only those candidates who have scored at least equal or more marks than the NEET 2023 cut-off marks. On the basis of the NEET cut-off marks, every college releases the cut off to get admission to the courses offered by the colleges. Based on the cut-off marks released by the college the candidate will get admission to that specific college.

So first it is a must for the applicant to get marks equal to or more than the cut-off marks in NEET and then to beat the cut-off marks released by any college to get admission there. So first have a look at NEET cut off marks 2023.

NEET Assam Expected Cut-Off 2023

Check the expected state cut-off given in the table below for Assam Government MBBS seats-

Category Expected Cut-Off
UR 530-540
OBC520-530
SC420-430
ST400-410

NEET Cut Off 2023


The table given below depicted the previous year Cut Off Marks

email letter

Subscribe to our FREE e-Newsletter for Daily Updates.

Govt Jobs Opening, Results & Online Earning Opportunities.

Category Marks RangePercentile
Others/General Category 720-13750th
Other Backward Classes (OBC) 136-10740th
Scheduled Caste (SC) 136-10740th
ST 136-10740th
SC-PH 120-10740th
ST-PH 120-10740th
OBC-PH 120-10740th
UR – PH 136-12145th

Applicants need to score at least above mentioned marks as per their category to get admission in the medical college of any state.

Assam NEET MBBS Cut off Previous Year’s

The admission process for the MBBS and BDS courses in Assam will start with online registration to take part in the admission process in medical colleges of the state. Only NEET-qualified candidates can apply online for counselling in medical colleges. 

The medical colleges of Assam will release the cut off for NEET admission once the counselling process will get over so to know the NEET MBBS cut-off 2023 we will have to look at the previous years’ Assam NEET cut-off. You can have a look at the below-mentioned tables to know more about the previous years’  cut off.

Assam Government Medical Colleges NEET Cut Off for AIQ

Medical Colleges

All India Quota

OPEN

OBC

SC

ST

NEET Rank

NEET scores

NEET Rank

NEET scores

NEET Rank

NEET scores

NEET Rank

NEET scores

Guwahati Medical College, Guwahati

7876

548

46629

446

52618

436

Tezpur Medical College, Tezpur

10340

537

60283

424

77792

400

Jorhat Medical College and Hospital, Jorhat

10059

538

59273

425

77220

400

Silchar Medical College, Silchar

10241

537

60793

423

75581

402

Assam Medical College, Dibrugarh

9843

539

54766

432

64071

418

Fakhruddin Ali Ahmed Medical College, Barpeta

10159

538

58745

426

69722

410

For Government Dental Colleges

Dental Colleges

All India Quota

OPEN

 

OBC

 

SC

 

ST

 

NEET Rank

NEET Scores

NEET Rank

NEET Scores

NEET Rank

NEET Scores

NEET Rank

NEET Scores

Regional Dental College, Guwahati

16514

514

73359

405

97777

375

NEET Cutoff Assam for the year for 85% state quota

GOVERNMENT MEDICAL COLLEGES

State Quota (85%)

 

Name

UR

 

OBC

 

SC

 

ST (Plain)

 

ST (Hill)

   
 

NEET Rank

NEET Marks

NEET Rank

NEET Marks

NEET Rank

NEET Marks

NEET Rank

NEET Marks

NEET Rank

NEET Marks

 

Gauhati Medical College, Guwahati

30840

477

80692

396

64629

417

143188

331

257853

251

 

Assam Medical College, Dibrugarh

58274

427

104895

367

99506

373

185254

297

291055

232

 

Silchar Medical College and Hospital, Silchar

51307

438

128836

344

104813

367

225358

270

308773

223

 

Jorhat Medical College, Jorhat

58942

426

130512

342

114390

357

200560

286

322091

217

 

Tezpur Medical College, Tezpur

62580

420

150031

325

129169

343

240859

264

334900

211

 

Assam NEET Counselling 2023

NEET Counselling process in the medical colleges will start soon after the result announcement. To appear in the Assam NEET counselling process the interested applicants will have to do online registration. The counselling will be done for the 85% of seats that come under the state quota. The state has approx 900 seats in medical colleges and nearly 40 seats in dental colleges. The seats will be allotted to the students on merit-based.

The following rounds of counselling will be conducted by the Directorate of Medical Education, Assam; Counselling Round I, Counselling Round II and mop-up round (if seats in medical colleges remain vacant after 2 rounds). You can get the tentative schedule of Assam NEET Counselling from the below-given table;

Assam NEET MBBS/BDS Counselling 2023 Schedule

Event Dates
Counselling and seat allotment (for Round I) To be notified soon
Reporting at the allotted institute (for Round I) To be notified soon
Counselling and seat allotment (for Round II) To be notified soon
Extended Second Round (for Round II) To be notified soon

Assam NEET Counselling Process

The counselling to get admission to Medical Colleges Assam will be conducted in offline mode.  Counseling venue for previous NEET counselling was-

Office of the Director of Medical Education, Assam
Sixmile, Khanapara 
Guwahati-22

Details about the counselling venue for NEET 2023 will be shared in due course.

Only those candidates can apply for NEET counselling who have scored minimum cut-off marks released by NEET. DME will release a state merit list based on NEET 2023 scores. The list will be released as per the schedule prescribed by the state authorities. Those candidates that will have their names on the state merit list will be eligible to get admission to the medical colleges of Assam. 

Interested and eligible candidates need to fill out an application form. Shortlisted candidates will have to visit the assigned college physically with the below-mentioned documents;

  • Duly filled the application form.
  • Admit card of HSLC or equivalent examination
  • Pass certificate of HSLC or equivalent
  • PRC
  • Mark sheets of 10+2
  • Permanent Residential Certificate
  • Admit card of NEET 2023
  • Scorecard of NEET 2023
  • Caste certificate and other reserved category certificates, if applicable
  • Any other relevant document in original

Applicants need to carry an original copy of the aforementioned documents along with a self-attested copy. 

If you have any questions related to NEET cut-off Assam 2023, then comment below.

Photo of author