Bachelor of Design (B.Des): It is the course offered by many designing colleges, its a regular type four year course which comprises eight-semester and one can pursue this career after passing out from 10+2 from any subject, but one can score more than 45+ percentage on 12th standard, to get admission in any designing college. It involves designing in Textile, evolving new patterns, marketing, Apparel designing, professional wears, originates brands, also evolve designing related to customs, occupations, study about fabric and raw material, virtual and manual designing, images, and photography, research, and development in various types of material, generate new costumes and accessories related to occasions. Many textile, fashion, Boutique, producers appoint these designers.
Bachelor of Design Exams List
There are national and university level for doing B.DES from good college
- One of the most essential exams to be a part of the Fashion Industry i.e. NIFT, one of the most reputed Fashion Institute in India. NIFT has 17 campuses all over India which draws motivation and supports creativity and leads to remarkable growth in the fashion industry. NIFT offers PG courses as well.
- SEED examination which organized Symbiosis International University which offers various subjects i.e. designing in Product, Film Animation and Video Film designing, Graphics & Interior Space designing, Communication & Fashion designing
- IIT Bombay also organized an exam for B.Des i.e. UCEED which is known to be UG Common Entrance Examination for Designing.
- The exam related to Footwear development & designing usually called FDDI ASIT, it is also an All India Based exam. FDDI has twelve campuses all over India which consist of 2500+ seats for UG candidates in the 2021 session.
- The places like Gujarat and Bengaluru also take organized NID exam for B.Des courses, whereas Bengaluru has Research and Development center for Designing, the institute includes various accessory designing, apparel, and photography related courses.
- The Army Welfare Education Society also organized courses in various fields, one of them is Fashion Designing, every year it organized an exam AIFD for admission to Army Insitute in fashion & Designing.
- Pearls Academy also regulate PAF exam for their academy in various specialization like styling, product designing, lifestyle designing, Image designing, etc
- UID examination, its an aptitude test regulated by the United world Insitute of Design, the process of admission depends on the result of two tiers and the candidate interview.
- IIAD is a private institute, collaborates with Kington & Lingaya’s Universities in London & Haryana respectively. IIAD stands for Indian Institute of Art & Design, which is situated in Delhi.
- DAT is an offline based exam, which has two exam phases and approximate 120+ seats include.
- Bachelors in Textile Design
- Bachelors in Apparel Production
- Bachelors in Knitwear Design
- Bachelors in Accessory Design
- Bachelors in Leather Design
- Bachelors in Fashion Design
- Bachelors in Fashion Communication
Bachelor of Design Eligibility
Essential Qualification Required
- By 2021 applicants must qualify or appearing in the secondary high school examination in any field whether it is commerce, arts, or Science from the recognized board like ICSE/CBSE or any board equivalent to it.
- Students can also apply after class X but must have a three-year diploma as approved by AICTE, http://www.facilities.aicte-india.org visit site, for more info.
- Students having HSC examination certificate can also apply for this course
- Candidate must pass out 10+2 examination with at least five subjects.
- Candidates who live overseas must hold Country Citizenship as per law
- Candidate must qualify 10+2 examination before the counseling process if any supplementary.
- If the applicant is NRI, an Indian Passport ar not applicable.
- 10+5 percent B.Des seats are for supernumerary candidates, those students pay fees according to overseas fees structure.
- The only one subject is mandatory in 10+2, English
- Aspirant at least acquire 50 or above percentile for admission in higher secondary school
- Age relaxation of five years has been given to reserved classes
- For other applicants, it should be less than 24 years
- For overseas aspirants at least 20 years is the age eligibility criteria.
Bachelor of Design Scope
- TEXTILE DESIGNING:- create a pattern and design on fabric and fibers, by using different types of techniques to evolve an aesthetic pattern.
- INTERIOR DESIGNING:- to make a living space lovable whether its office, homes etc. , they work as a film, theater, television set designing, any event, exhibition are also organised by them.
- GRAPHICS DESIGNING:- The foremost responsibility of the graphic designer is to create things as per the requirement of clients and their budgets, by using creative ideas. They also need a sound knowledge of photoshop, CSS, and obviously, they should be a creative mind.
- FASHION DESIGNING:- they improve way of people living to style, they deal with dealers of fabric and work as a Fashion coordinator, they design clothes which suit you. They also work as a Makeup artist for many celebrities, models, brides, etc. They work as journalist, which write reports on latest fashionable garments, designing, fabrics.
- BRAND MANAGER:- who line up strategies as per the targets and demands and makes client and company relation. A brand manager is a representer from the company side. works in various advertising companies, telecoms, Public relation Agencies etc. They have a handsome salary and a very good growth rate in post and income as well.
- APPAREL DESIGNING:- They design not only clothes but also accessories for many campaigns, film industry, for their own boutique, media, sports, jewelry etc. As they know the finest material of clothes, so they work on a quality controller.
- STYLIST:- A fashion stylist must have good soft skills and innovative
- ART DIRECTOR:- works in advertising, marketing, entertainment, web designing companies, and also in many motion pictures.
Top Recruiting Companies
- BONITO DESIGNS
- PRISMIC REFLECTIONS
- WIPRO TECHNOLOGIES
- MOONRAFT INNOVATIONS LABS
- COGWHEEL STUDIOS
- THE ANTI ALIAS
- LOLLY POPS
- THINK DESIGN
- PARALLEL LABS
- ALLEN SOLLY
- SAP LABS
- YELLOW SLICE
- PARALLEL LABS
- KORU TECHNOLOGIES
- BEARD DESIGN
- MANGOBLOSSOM DESIGN
Bachelor of Design Salary
Salary is defined as per the field chosen:-
|PROFILE||MIMIMUM SALARY PER ANNUM||MAXIMUM SALARY PER ANNUM|
|GRAPHICS DESIGNER||1.40LAKHS||6-7 LAKHS|
|EXHIBITION DESIGNER||1LAKHS TO 3 LAKHS||>10LAKHS|
|RETAIL MANAGER||1.5LAKHS||7-9 LAKHS|
|UX DESIGNER||1-3 LAKHS||10-20 LAKHS|
|INTERIOR DESIGNER||1.5LAKHS||8-9 LAKHS|
|FASHION STYLIST||1.4 LAKHS||10-12 LAKHS|
|PRODUCT & ART DESIGNER||1LAKHS||9-10 LAKHS|
|CONTENT STRATEGIST||2-3 LAKHS||10-20 LAKHS|
Check Few Other Courses Details-
Both are undergraduates courses as B.Arch is architecture course, so if you are not good in good in calculations don’t chose it as career whereas B.Des is a proper designing course.
Yeah, exams like CEED, SEED, UID, AIFD are also there.