West Bengal JELET Counselling 2020 registration has been started by the authority from 14th Dec 2020 and the window for the same will be available till 20th Dec 2020. Candidates have to fill an application form for participating in JELET Counseling. JELET is basically a state level entrance examination conducted annually by West Bengal Entrance Examination Board (WBJEE), Kolkata but this year due to COVID board has canceled the exam and shortlisting candidates on the basis of their qualifying examination.
Update: Officials have released the further schedule for JELET 2020 scroll down to check the same.
WBJEE Board also conducts counseling for JELET and this counseling is conducted for lateral entry into 2nd year (3rd semester) of the four-year courses of Bachelor Degree in Engineering/ Technology and Pharmacy in various colleges and institutes of West Bengal. A separate notification was published about the JELET counseling 2020 on the official website of WBJEE Board.
West Bengal JELET Counselling 2020
- 1.1 Overview of West Bengal JELET 2020Examination
- 1.2 Counseling Schedule
- 1.3 JELET Counselling Procedure
- 1.4 Documents Required at West Bengal JELET Counselling 2020
West Bengal JELET Counselling 2020
In this article, candidates will get complete details related to West Bengal JELET 2020 Counseling. It will include information like counseling schedule, registration, eligibility, counseling procedure, documents required at counseling, etc.
Overview of West Bengal JELET 2020Examination
|Exam Name||West Bengal JELET 2020|
|Article Category||JELET Counseling|
|Exam conducting Authority||WBJEE Board|
|Counseling Authority||WBJEE Board, Kolkata|
|Course offered||Bachelor Degree in Engineering/ Technology and Pharmacy|
|Examination date||Not conducted|
|Commencement of Counseling||December 14th|
|Registration mode for counseling||Online|
|Website of WBJEE Board||www.wbjeeb.nic.in|
|Online application form filling||14th Dec 2020|
|Last date to fill online application||20th Dec 2020|
|Choice filling||14th to |
|Choice Locking||17th to |
|Rank declaration||13th Jan 2021|
|Seat Allotment Result (1st Round)||15th Jan 2021|
|Seat Acceptance and payment of |
seat acceptance fee
|15th to 19th Jan 2021 (6 PM)|
|Seat Allotment Result (2nd Round)||22nd Jan 2021|
|Seat Acceptance and payment of|
seat acceptance fee
|22nd to 25th Jan 2021|
|Reporting to the allotted college (Physically)||27th to 30th Jan 2021|
JELET Counselling Fee
- Those who have registered successfully for the JELET 2020 examination can register for the counselling.
- There is no separate application fee for counselling registration.
As exam for 2020 session is not conducted by the authority so all those candidates who have submitted their application are eligible for the e-counseling.
For Diploma holder seeking admission in Engineering and Technology Degree courses-
- Candidate must have a diploma in Engineering/ Technology with 45% (40% for reserved candidates) from a recognized college.
For Pharmacy Diploma holder seeking admission in Pharmacy Degree courses-
- Candidate must have a diploma in Pharmacy with 45% (40% for reserved candidates) from a recognized college.
For B.Sc candidates seeking admission in Engineering and Technology Degree courses-
- Sc candidates must have passed B.Sc degree with 45% (40% for reserved candidates) from a recognized college.
Candidates must have qualified West Bengal JELET 2019 exam and their names should be there in the merit list.
JELET Counselling Procedure
West Bengal JELET 2020 counseling procedure is as follows-
- The first and most important step in a counseling procedure is registration. Candidates have to fill an online registration form to be eligible for counseling. The application form will be released only through online mode. After filling in all the details, candidates have to submit the form and have to take a printout of the filled-in application form.
- Candidates have to make choices and fill their preferred colleges.
- After filling the registration form, candidate’s documents will be verified by virtual reporting centers, and when applicant documents successfully received they will receive an SMS on their mobile.
- In case one or more documents rejected by the authority than an SMS for the same also be received by the applicant and they need to upload it within the stipulated time.
- In the counseling, candidates will be allotted seats on the basis of the choice filled by them and verification of seats.
- Authority will prepare a rank list for each of the courses which can be downloaded by the candidates through their respective login.
- After publishing the rank list authority will release the seat allotment result on their official website.
- Candidates who will not be allotted any seats in the first round of counseling, can take part in the next round of counseling.
Documents Required at West Bengal JELET Counselling 2020
- Date of Birth Proof
- Proof of seat acceptance fee payment
- Mark sheet of Diploma in Engineering/ Technology and Pharmacy (whichever applicable)
- Self-attested photocopy of mark sheet of Higher Secondary (10+2) Examination.
- Domicile certificate
- Transfer Certificate
- Conduct certificate/ Character certificate
- Migration certificate
- Passport size photographs
- Other supportive documents.
- West Bengal JELET 2020 counseling will be conducted online.
- Only registered candidates will be allowed to appear in the counseling.
- Online registration or name in the merit list does not imply that candidate has got admission.
- Eligible candidates will be informed through the official website and emails for counseling procedure.
- If candidate found ineligible at any stage of counseling then his/her candidature will be canceled.
- Seats will be allotted to the candidates on the basis of merit, availability of seats, and documents.
- In case of any issue related to West Bengal JELET 2020 counseling, candidates must contact the counseling body. Contact details are given below-
West Bengal Joint Entrance Examination Board,
AQ 13/1, Sector-V,
Salt Lake City,
Phone No- 1800 1023 781, 1800 3450 050
Email- email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org