TNAU Counselling 2019 1st Phase: TNAU has published the overall Rank List along with all the rank lists for admission of candidates to the university. Now, the university has started counseling procedure for admission of suitable to the university and its constituent colleges.
The counseling schedule has been published on the admission portal of the university. The counseling process has been started from 12th July 2019. Those who are eligible can register online within the specified time schedule.
Table of Contents
- 1 TNAU Counselling 2019 1st Phase
- 2 TNAU Counselling 2019- Important Dates
- 3 TNAU Admissions 2019
TNAU Counselling 2019 1st Phase
The counseling schedule will be updated shortly in this article. Till then, candidates can go through the complete article to collect information on TNUA expected counseling dates, registration, filling of web options, seat allotment and all the details related to admission.
Latest Update 12th July 2019: TNAU Counselling has been started from 12th July. Follow below link to get Counselling Letter.
TNAU 2019 Counseling/ Admissions- At a glance
|Admission||TNAU undergraduate admissions 2019|
|Article category||1st Phase Counseling|
|University||Tamil Nadu Agriculture University (TNAU)|
|Courses offered||UG Agri. Science Programs and Agri. Technology programs|
|Commencement of counseling||1st week of July 2019|
|Mode of counseling||Online (except for special reservation)|
|TNAU official website||http://www.tnau.ac.in|
TNAU Counselling 2019- Important Dates
|12th July 2019||S1||08:30 AM||Eminent Sports Person||1 to 20|
|12th July 2019||S2||10:00 AM||Differently abled||All Candidates in the Rank List|
|12th July 2019||S3||11:45 AM||Descendants of Freedom Fighter||1 to 4|
|12th July 2019||S4||12:45 AM||Ex-servicemen||1 to 20|
|12th July 2019||S5||02:00 PM||Vocational||1 to 90|
TNAU Admissions 2019
TNAU admissions to UG and all the other programs will be offered through online counseling. The ratio of ‘number of vacant seats’: ‘number of candidates shortlisted for TNUA UG counseling’ will be normally 1:5. It means for each vacant seat university will be shortlisting 5 candidates who will be eligible for participating in the counseling process for that particular seat.
A separate offline counseling will be conducted for special reservations (Eminent Sportsperson, Ex-servicemen, Differently abled, Descendents of freedom fighters, NRI, and Industrial Sponsorship quotas) and vocational stream. All these candidates have to attend the counseling in person at TNAU Coimbatore.
On the basis of Undergraduate counseling, candidates will be allotted following courses offered at the university and its constituent colleges-
|Agriculture Science Programs||Agriculture Technology Programs|
|B.Tech. (Agricultural Engineering)||B.Tech. (Food Technology)|
|B.Sc.(Hons.) Agriculture||B.Tech. (Energy and Environmental Engineering)|
|B.Sc.(Hons.) Horticulture||B.Sc. (Hons.) Agribusiness Management|
|B.Sc.(Hons.) Food, Nutrition, and Dietetics||–|
TNAU Counseling 2019 Process
The step-by-step counseling procedure for TNAU UG admissions is as follow-
- Online Registration
- Candidates have to start by online registration.
- For online registration, they have to visit university online portal i.e. https://tnauonline.in.
- They have to click on the registration link and have to fill the required details.
- They must ensure that they enter correct information in the application form.
- After successful registration, candidates will be allotted a registration no./login ID and password for further login.
- The login details should be retained by the candidates till the end of the admission process.
- At the time of registration, applicants have to make payment of the required counseling fee.
- Candidates who will not pay the counseling fee will not be considered for counseling.
- All the candidates have to pay Rs.2000/- (Rs.1000/- for SC / SCA / ST categories).
- Fee will be deposited through online mode.
- Counseling fee will be refundable.
- Web Options
- After the payment of counseling fee, candidates will be eligible for filling web options.
- During this process, candidates will be given opportunity to fill choices for their preferred courses and college.
- In case they want to make correction or alteration in filled in details they can also do so as it will not be allowed in subsequent rounds.
- It is compulsory for all the candidates to submit their options for their preferred courses and college.
- Final choices made by the candidates will be considered for seat allotment. Therefore, it is advised to candidates to submit the options carefully.
- Seat Allotment
- Finally, on the basis of merit, choices made by the candidates, and communal reservation seats will be allotted to them.
- Candidates will be intimated about allotment through SMS, email and official website.
- These candidates will be allotted seat allotment letter.
- Those who will not be allocated any seat in 1st round will be considered for subsequent rounds.
Payment of admission fee
- After the allotment of seat, if candidates are satisfied with the allotted seat, then have to pay Rs.20000/- (non-refundable) towards the admission fee. This amount will be adjusted in the admission fee.
- Admission fee can be paid through online mode.
- After successful payment, they can download the allotment letter. However, candidates must note that paying this amount will not imply that seat is confirmed. Seats will be confirmed only after document verification.
Reporting/ Verification of Documents
Once payment is done and allotment letter is downloaded, candidates will be called for document verification. They are required to produce the provisional allotment letter along with all the original (plus photocopy) documents and certificates on the date, time and venue specified to them.
At the time of admission, candidates have to carry all the important documents to the allotted college for verification. Candidates can check the list of all the documents required at the time of admission shared as under-
- TNAU 2019 Counseling Call Letter.
- Original mark sheet & certificate of class 10th
- Original mark sheet & certificate of class 12th
- Certificate of age proof
- School Leaving / Transfer Certificate from Institution/school last attended by the candidates
- Certificate of permanent residence of Tamil Nadu /Domicile certificate
- Caste/community Certificate (if applicable)
- Migration Certificate
- Character Certificate issued by the responsible person / Headmaster of the previous institute
- Certificate of Medical Fitness (if required)
- Certificate of dependency on Ex-servicemen (If applicable)
- Certificate of descendants offreedom fighter (If applicable)
- First graduate certificate (if applicable)
- Signed Joint Declaration Form (by candidates and their guardians/parents)
- Passport-sized photographs
- DEMAND DRAFT for amount towards part of tuition fee or full tuition fee.
- Affidavit of declaration (for NRI candidates)
After successful verification of documents, provisional admission card will be issued to candidates. now they have to report the allotted college and have to complete admission formalities.
The category-wise reservation as per the policies of the Government of Tamil Nadu that will followed during the admission is as follows-
|Open Competition (OC)||31%|
|Schedule Caste (SC)||15%|
|Schedule Caste- Arunthathiyars (SC)||3%|
|Schedule Tribe (ST)||1%|
|Backward Class (BC)||26.5%|
|Backward Class Muslim (BCM)||3.5%|
|Most Backward Class & Denotified Communities (MBC)||20%|
Have a look, at the admission fee details to be paid by the candidates in the constituent colleges at the time of admission shared as under-
Computer lab fee
Academic Calendar (every odd semester)
Study tour and outdoor classes (every odd semester)
One Time Payments
Caution money deposit
Blazer and sports uniform
Smart Card/ Identity Card
Rules & Syllabus Book/CD
NCC Corpus fund
YRC Annual Membership
TNAU Corpus fund
Mark sheet verification Higher Secondary/ TNHSC CBSE or ISCE
Total for TNHSC
Total for CBSE or ISCE equivalent
Total fees to be paid at the time of admission
(i.e. Semester Fee + One-time payment)
- TNAU Counselling schedule is expected to release soon.
- It will be online counseling (except for special reservation)
- Counseling will be conducted in different phases.
- Mere inviting candidates for counseling does not imply that their admission is confirmed.
- After each round of counseling, sliding system will be followed.
- Shortlisted candidates will be informed about the counseling procedure through SMS, emails on the registered number and email ID and also through the official website.
In case of any doubt or issue related to TNAU Counselling, candidates can contact the university at the contact details shared below-
Tamil Nadu Agricultural University,
Coimbatore – 641003
Helpdesk (Phone No.)- 422 – 6611345, 422 – 6611346