Tips to prepare for placement: After graduation, it is very essential to comprehend, how to prepare for placement. Nowadays, there is so much competition that as a potential student, it is very crucial and necessary to understand the whole placement process of any company.
The placement process includes a lot of sorting out and becomes complex with increasing levels. The more you have gained knowledge about the recruitment process, the more you make yourself eligible to compete with the modern world. Your negative sides along with how to prepare yourself for a perfect interview and get into your dream job is the most important factor of getting placed in some company.
In order to tell you about the whole process of recruitment, education and perfect knowledge about the placement preparation, this article is an apt waybill to pave your pathway towards getting hired into any company you wish to.
The placement drive:
- Campus placement
- Before the final examinations, in the final year, the campus placement occurs in any college.
- In this mode of placement, the company itself gets present in the college institution, and it is their work to hire the brightest or the most apt candidate in their company. Sometimes the recruitment process is a bit tough but it actually sorts out the candidates in a professional manner and offers them a good amount of salary and perks.
- In this mode of hiring candidates, the student who has a higher score in its degree of qualification Has more probability of getting selected. The selection process in the campus placement is a bit easier and there are high probabilities of getting a job.
- Once elected, the company offers a legal mutual agreement letter or attaches the appointment as well as the offer letter along with the details of your work and your salary.
- Scheduling of our campus placement is dated by our college and is given to us in a prior notice.
2) Off campus placement
- It is also done before the final examinations, in the final year of your college but the location is different.
- The companies come to some other college, or at some other location and the recruitment process is initiated there it self. In this mode of placement, the candidate has to go to the specific college or institution where the placement offers would go on.
- This placement drive actually lets you meet with the candidates of all fields and has a better competitive ambience. The most suitable students come for selection and one gets to meet the highest scorers of different colleges. Competition is comparatively tougher in such recruitment process.
- The recruiting organisation may have an unpaid registration, and everyone can be the part of the placement selection.
- Scheduling of such kind of placements, is dated by the institution long past before and some companies which select you on the basis of your assessment are also there. For example, AMCAT .
- Whenever any company provides you an offer letter, it also provides you a date and time to proceed with you for the interview.
- In this type of placement, after getting an offer letter, you as an interested candidate, back response the offer letter and be a part of the the selection process by walking into the interview board directly which is open for many of the candidates.
- After walking into the interview and getting further into the process of hiring, one has to undergo many levels of sorting out and finally fetches up the job.
4) Fair jobs
- It is a unique method of selection and sorting in the interview process.
- In this mode of Placement, some prestigious institutions are only allowed to join together and pool in gathered groups in order to be a part of this hiring.
- It is not very famous mode of placement but it is only specified to a particular location and not all students from all over the country are allowed to join it
- They are a bit less tougher, as both the parties in including the students as well as the company gathers in masses in order to perform a job fair.
5) Announcement channels
- In this mode of placement, an announcement regarding the placement is made in the institution which one studies.
- The announcement maybe via training and placement cell, or through newspapers, through email or through the job sites.
- Interested candidates would be allowed to apply for it and it is generally in this method, that we do not miss out a single chance to get hired.
Step-by-step guide for placement preparation:
In order to get hired in this modern world, one has to be very professional and tactful while preparing for a placement. With strategical analysis it is very important to go through a guide which would give a basic idea of how and when and with which process all the things occur. Sink yourself in this sea of placement preparation and give yourself a boost in order to crack the next job that comes to you.
- In order to apply for any job, one has to gather all his credentials and provide it in the interview board or at the placements site.
- First, go through the number of options available and choose for the best job which you are looking for and apply for it.
- If you see that it is an on-campus interview then you can take all your mark sheets along with your government proof ID card. And if you see that it is an off-campus interview then, you can go for a response or a bank mail to the companies official website.
- In both cases, do not forget to take your resume and your CV as it is the most important part of your selection credential.
- Some sites which provide you a job are quicker.com, naukri.com.
- It is an essential part of all the companies for you to get hired.
- Done in both offline or in online mode, it is logical and mental based test of assessment, which gives the company an idea of how much skills you possess as your aptitude. It is one of the initial steps of on campus placement.
- If it is off-line then a pen and a question paper containing aptitude questions is conducted. You are provided with an OMR sheet with multiple choice which helps in evaluating the answers accurately. For online, one can go for the tests which are present in the computer with the time limit. Answers have to be provided as a multiple-choice in the computer itself.
- What would this test fetch both the employees as well as employer?
- It would actually let the company assess the fields of communication and soft skills along with logical reasoning and scientific ability. Questions from the main subject is also present in this test.
- One should know the importance of a MCAT test. They should go through the syllabus and the previous year question papers along with practice papers as an important steppingstone towards getting hired.
- After, when you are done with the test, your qualities from assessment would be displayed in front of you.
- One should not forget to gather opinions from the persons who are quite experienced in this field.
- Although there is a unique choice for a specific company about the traits and qualities, it is a need for all those to go through the overall view of the company in order to know what traits they are looking for.
Practice, practice and practice:
- practice as much of questions as you can.
- Go for mock tests and assess yourself as much as you can. Go through the previous years question paper and also opt the online skill assessment exams.
- Refer to various books and do not forget to analyse your flaws through your feedback reports and make a continuous effort until you are hired.
- layer up your core subjects as much as possible.
- Clear all the concepts regarding it and go for the test present both online and off-line in order to know about your knowledge in this field.
- Make a high vibe in this subject as it would be the backbone of your second round.
- It is the mode of testing of how much a candidate is vulnerable to answer or place oneself in the midst of people and put up his point.
- Your overall personality of how you can manage the crucial situations and how you can use your soft skills and have a strategic development is what a group discussion scoops out of you.
- Clear, distinct and unique thoughts:
- in a critical situation where, the heat of argument going on, and you need to put up your point, it is in this platter that you have to showcase your ability to put up points.
- Presenting it, in a win-win attitude with a solution ability and with a patient thinking approach is how you move towards analysing a situation and giving perfect inclusions out of it.
- Boost up your communication skills so that whenever a presentation is given, you can completely place out a solution and a logical-based thinking ability and also draw a conclusion from it.
- Try to answer the questions of the Audience and explain the problems they are facing. Also, answer that how they can draw out a conclusion and everything should have a very light and a polite tone. Do not forget to ask the audience for your feedback.
4) Panel interview
- One of the most important steps of placement is the panel interview or the screening round. It comes after the group discussion and a candidate needs to sit in front of the interview board.
- The board of directors are present and they are there to test your ability, your personality and your approach. Everything would be noticed in this round as it is the most crucial one. You need to be careful of every aspect in this round and you should not commit any mistake or try to exaggerate things.
- Remain calm and cool to every question they ask. It may be very tricky but your main target is to crack out and bag the placement.
- Focus on clarity:
- whatever you speak should have a distinct clarity in it.
- Do not try to blurb irrelevant matters on the interview board. You should have a unidirectional, open and clear thought.
- Never display that you are confused.
- Focus on interview situations:
- Whenever you are asked a question, do not just provide a learnt up answer in it.
- Display out an original character of yours but do not get hyper.
- Never try to judge or show any demeaning expression towards the interview board.
- Before going to an interview, practice as much sample interview as you can and get ready with some answers which are very common to ask you by the interview board.
- Try to not commit any serious mistake
- do not falsify things in the greed of having a good impression.
- Have a good knowledge about the company and you should know what it deals with and how you are different from other candidates in bringing the profit to the company.
- Do not present your personal reasons why you are willing to join the company but answer professionally that what you are able to give the company.
- You should possess good soft skill ability and enhance yourself with high communication skills.
- Do not make any facial expressions that would add on to your negative body language.
5) Technical round
- If you are from a technical background, this round is to display yourself how you are potentially high as a techie.
- It focuses on your domain subject and how apt you are at the technical fields like working on the programming languages and having knowledgeable information about your core.
- This round is generally taken by a technical head and you are to ask various questions regarding the technical field.
- Back up yourself:
- make yourself ready to face any situation.
- Practice or try to clear as many concepts as possible in your domain subject and refer to various books so that you are able to answer as many questions as possible.
- One can also search for the most common questions that are listed for interview questions regarding the domain.
- Polish your core subject very well in order to crack this round.
- Being a good coder:
- as a techie one should have a basic idea about the programming languages
- You are very good at the technical field as well as the software execution programming language adds on as a plus point to your resume.
- Try to learn the most advanced language ranging from Java to Python, HTML and CSS for maintaining the security of the computer system.
- One can practise technical grounds at Project Euler, interviewing.io.
- Build up your strength
- As much as you can face the interviewers, either face-to-face via online or off-line and practice as much of mock interviews with question papers on your domain subject you are making a pathway towards building high strength that you are going to use in your interview board.
6) The HR interview
- It is the ultimate part of the interview board.
- You are to be judged by the home resource department along with board of directors
- Your skills, abilities, confidence everything is taken into consideration.
- Prior before the interview, many of us have got a chance to represent in an internship so, take the interview easily as a mode of getting job.
7) Post-placement Norms
- After getting selected, the offer letter and the job appointment letter is given within a week.
- All the guidelines regarding the company and the perks and facilities provided to you would be taken into consideration.
- Mutual consent would be taken from both the parties at a specific time and it would the offer would be given to sign and for the move on for the joining process.
|STEP 2||APTITUDE TEST|
|STEP 3||GROUP DISCUSSION|
|STEP 4||PANEL INTERVIEW|
|STEP 5||TECHNICAL ROUND|
|STEP 6||THE HR INTERVIEW|
|STEP 7||POST PLACEMENT NORMS|
Comparison of technical placement as compared to others:
Skills based on which candidates are chosen is shown above.
Comparative analysis of salary of BTech and MTech in past decade.
Objectives of the campus placement:
The campus placement plays a critical role in a students life. Packages with high salary would be offered to the candidate if he or she is selected. Also it would help the student or the candidate to step on the global market with its initial step. It has an innumerable objectives, some of which are listed below:
i) Help the students to fetch in earning stability just after they have finished their education.
ii) They help the students to apply their knowledge in the market place.
iii) As all these placements, occur before the final year examinations, it is very important to work on the final exams in order to maintain the CGPA.
iv) Students get ample time to focus on their exams placement because it was already fixed before it and they can now unidirectionally focus on their semesters.w
In the 21st-century, it is very important to apply your knowledge in the marketplace. The placements be it on campus or off campus helps you to apply for your core subject. We do not have much guidance so as to how to prepare ourselves for a good interview. Not only always the resume and CV is a matter to stick.
Sometimes your appearance, your ability, your personality is what being taken into consideration. So placements are the means that not only make the students have a financial stability but also make them professionally compatible. Therefore this article is a roadmap which provides all the step-by-step guidance on placement preparation.
Placement actually starts when a student is in the final year of his graduation. It can be also done in the end in third year and it is the process in which the companies recruit the students into their organisation as per the student’s skills.
Yes placement process do depend on the score of graduation. Higher is the score, more is the probability of you to get selected. Sometimes your personality, your mathematical ability and your problem-solving capability is also taken into consideration.
Practice makes a man perfect. The more you practise your work interviews, the more you get closer to the questions that are frequently asked in the interview. That you’ll be able to cope up the fear and easy crack the practical questions at that time.