Peyush Bansal Biography: At present Peyush is one of the sharks (Judges) in the reality show Shark Tank India that is being broadcast on Sony TV. His success journey begins from being a studious student in academics to the founder of a billion-dollar eyewear brand. With a calm personality, brilliant mind, and strategic vision he is one of the most passionate entrepreneurs in the country who has taken his company to new heights in a short span of time. After being on the reality show he has gained so much popularity and attention. In this article, we have discussed Peyush Bansal’s Bio, Peyush Bansal Net Worth, career, family, wife, and education below.
It would not be wrong if we say that this era is the era of start-ups. Each day we witness the birth of a new company in the market. When we talk about successful unicorn start-ups of this time, Lenskart is one of the best examples. The person behind the unique idea of this start-up is Peyush Bansal, an ex-Microsoft techie.
Peyush Bansal Bio
Piyush Bansal is the founder and CEO of India’s fastest-growing eyewear company- Lenskart.
“I think Passion is the most important thing”- Peyush Bansal
Success does not come overnight: you have to work hard and should have a passion to get it. Peyush is the best example of this. Despite having a stable job in one of the world’s best software companies, he decided to move back to his motherland to make a difference with his work. His relentless passion and vision to make a difference in this world has made him what he is today. With his passion and never-giving-up attitude, he has managed to become a successful entrepreneur just in his 30s.
Curious to know more about Peyush Bansal?
We have everything for you about Peyush Bansal. Here you are going to get an insight into his successful journey from being a Microsoft employee to the CEO of the most successful start-ups in the country.
Peyush Bansal Biography
|Date of Birth||26th April 1985|
|Designation||CEO & Founder of Lenskart (Valyoo Technologies)|
|Age||36 years (as of 2021)|
|Education||IIM Bangalore (MPEFB- Management) |
McGill University (Bachelor of Engineering Honours)
|Birth Place||New Delhi|
|Currently Known for||Judging Television Reality Show Shark Tank India|
|Hobbies||Travelling, Reading Books, listening to music|
|Favourite Vacation Spots/ Places||Switzerland, New Zealand, Greece etc.|
|Favourite Food||Love all kinds of Food (Especially Thai and Middle East cuisines)|
Peyush Bansal Early Life
Peyush Bansal is an Indian Entrepreneur and businessman. He was born in Delhi where he completed his schooling at Don Bosco School.
Peyush Bansal Education and Career
He studied at Don Bosco School, Delhi. After completing his schooling, he prepared for IIT but didn’t get through it. He then decided to study engineering at a foreign university and after so much hard work and effort, he finally got admission to McGill University, Canada. He got admission into Bachelor of Engineering Honours in Electrical- IT, Control and Automation. From 2002 to 2006 he completed his bachelor’s degree there. While doing their studies he used to work as a part-time receptionist where we developed his interest in computers and coding.
After completing his studies at McGill University, he started his career as a Program Manager in a popular Tech Giant- Microsoft, USA. He worked there for nearly one year from January 2007 to December 2007. He also completed (MPEFB- Management) from IIM, Bangalore.
He left his job and in 2008 he moved to India. Despite not having a business idea and experience, he decided to start a new business with a small capital that is has earned from his previous job. In December 2007 he started a company basically an online portal (SearchMyCampus.com) to solve the various issues of college students such as housing, coaching, jobs, transportation, books, etc. After this, he with his friends founded Valyoo Technologies Pvt Limited which is now known as Lenskart.
Peyush Bansal and Lenskart
One day when Peyush came across the news that 40% of the blind in the world are in India, and only a small number of people wear eyeglasses he decided to provide eyewear to the people of his country and to the world. He identified his niche in this industry with the idea to solve these issues with the help of technology. In 2010 he founded Lenskart along with Amit Chaudhary (from BITS, Mesra) and Sumeet Kapahi.
He is the CEO of the company and Amit Chaudhary is the COO of the organization. The company is headquartered in Faridabad, Delhi NCR. With an e-commerce website, it sells products through more than 500 stores at various locations in the country. The company entered the unicorn club in 2019. The current investors at Lenskart include Ratan Tata and S Gopalakrishnan (of Infosys).
Peyush Bansal Net Worth
Piyush’s net worth is estimated to be $ 1.3 billion. More concrete information about their income of Bansal shall be updated soon.
Peyush Bansal Family
Piyush’s Father was a Chartered Accountant. He always got support from his parents. Not much information about Peyush’s other family members such as his mother and siblings is available as of now. He is married to Nidhi Mittal and is blessed with a boy. His name is Evan. He has a small family which he loves the most.
Peyush Bansal’s Social Media Presence
Interesting Facts about Peyush Bansal
- He was born and raised in Delhi. He has completed his schooling at Don Bosco School.
- Valyoo Technologies Pvt Limited (Lenskart) was founded in 2010 by Peyush with his friends Amit Chaudhary and Sumeet Kapahi.
- Before starting Lenskart, he was solving housing and related problems of college students through an online portal called SeachMyCampus.com.
- He is currently judging India’s first-of-its-kind reality show- Shark Tank Season 1. It is basically a business reality tv show that provides budding entrepreneurs with a platform to showcase their talent and entrepreneurial skills and get some business prospects and investments. It is basically the Indian version of Shark Tank USA.
- In 2019 Peyush was listed in Fortune India’s- Best 40 under 40 entrepreneurs”
- He was honoured with British Association Medal by McGill University in 2006.
- Valyoo Technologies (i.e., Lenskart today) won Red Herring Top 100 Asia Award in 2012.
- His company has been also awarded the Marketing Sherpa Email Awards for the year 2014.
- In 2015, Peyush was also awarded with India TV Yuva Awards (in Business Cadre).
- His hobbies include Travelling, reading books, listening to books, writing etc. He also loves to binge-watch suspense thriller shows/ web series.
- Piyush’s must-read books include- The High-Performance Entrepreneur by Subruto Bagchi, No Rules by Reed Hastings, Dream with Your Eyes Open by Ronnie Screwvala, Team of Teams, Good to Great
For more such articles keep visiting nvshq.org.