PAN Card Status | NSDL and UTI pan application status online: In this article, we will particularly talk about Checking PAN card status along with how to submit PAN application, PAN processing, checking PAN Application status through NSDL and UTI portal, refund status of PAN using NSDL and UTI.
NSDL e-Gov and UTITSL are the two entities given authority for PAN applications and processing them on the behalf of Income Tax Department (ITD). Both NSDL TIN and UTI provide the same kind of services related to PAN card like checking pan application status. Income Tax Department (ITD) has appointed these two entities for the purpose of getting and processing PAN application form and checking pan card status.
PAN Card Status – Application Form Status
- National NSDL e-Governance Infrastructure Limited (NSDL e-Gov.) – Check Status Here
- UTI Infrastructure Technologies Services Limited. – Check Status here
|Status||PAN Card application form|
Refund money status
|Article category||How to check NSDL & UTI PAN Card application status online|
|Parent Department||Income Tax Department|
|Official TIN website||https://www.tin-nsdl.com/index.html|
|Official UTITSL website||https://www.utiitsl.com/UTIITSL_SITE/|
Let’s have a look at services provided by NSDL TIN and UTI-
|Paperless PAN application||PAN application|
|Aadhaar PAN linking||PAN application tracking|
|Online PAN application||PAN application centres|
|Know the status of PAN/TAN application||PSA login|
|e-PAN download||PAN bulk verification|
|Online PAN verification||AO code details search|
|Information about PAN centers||New PAN or Correction service|
Apart from this, one can collect detailed information about PAN, application procedure, required documents etc. through these web portals.
How to check PAN Card Status?
Once you have made the application for PAN card, you can check the PAN card status and know how far the processing has gone. PAN card status can be checked on both NSDL TIN and UTI website.
Those who have applied through TIN they can track their application status through the given methods-
Application status for NSDL Users-
- Through NSDL portal
Time needed: 4 minutes.
It is the most common and easy method of tracking PAN card status. You can check the procedure given below-
- Open the official site of NSDL
You have started by opening the TIN portal (https://www.tin-nsdl.com)
- Click on PAN/TAN application
Now, you have to click on “Know status of PAN/TAN application” on the homepage as shown in image below.
- Now select PAN New application
Application status page will appear. You have to select the type of application i.e. “PAN- New/ Change Request” option.
- Submit your 15 digit acknowledge number
By Entering the 15 digits acknowledge no. and code in the provided box.
- Submit the request
Hit the submit button
- On successful submission, pan card status will appear
Application status will appear on the screen.
Click here to know your NSDL PAN application status (Direct Link) https://tin.tin.nsdl.com/pantan/StatusTrack.html
- Through SMS
SMS is another method of tracking PAN status. For this, you have to type-
<NSDLPAN 15 digits Acknowledgement No.> and have to send it to 57575 to obtain your application status.
Eg.- NSDLPAN XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
- Through E-mail
To obtain your pan card status you have to send an email at [email protected]. You must mention your acknowledgment no.
- Through the Call Centre
You can also know your PAN status by contacting the PAN Call Centre at 020- 2721-8080.
- Through Fax
Fax is another medium to track the PAN application status. You can fax your status request with the correct acknowledgment no. at 020- 2721-8081.
UTI PAN status for users-
Step 1- If you have filled application for PAN using UTI then you have to visit UTI official portal (https://www.utiitsl.com).
Step 2- You have to take the cursor to the “Services” menu on the top of the Homepage. Select “PAN Card” option and click on “Track your PAN card” link.
Step 3- Enter all the required details such as Application coupon no., or PAN number, date of birth and captcha in the provided space. Click on submit button.
Step 4- After submitting the details, you can see the application status on your screens.
How to check PAN Card refund status?
You can also check your PAN refund status in case you have applied for a refund. To track refund status through NSDL, you can click on the link provided below. https://tin.tin.nsdl.com/oltas/refundstatuslogin.html
You just have to enter PAN, assessment year and captcha code. Click on proceed and your status details will appear.
Online PAN verification
The registration link for online verification through TIN- https://onlineservices.tin.egov-nsdl.com/TIN/inputPageForPanInqDetails.do
As per the guidelines of the Income Tax Department, it is compulsory for all the taxpayers to link their aadhaar card with the PAN card till 31st March 2019.
Linking of Aadhaar to PAN can be done online. You can follow the given steps to get your PAN linked with your aadhaar-
Linking using UTI
- Via SMS
You can send SMS to 56161 from any mobile no.-
- Online mode
- Visit https://www.utiitsl.com
- On the homepage of the website, you have to open “Click to link your Aadhaar with your PAN” link.
- You will be redirected to Aadhaar linking page. You have to enter all the required information.
- Lastly, click on “Link Aadhaar”. Aadhaar will get linked to your PAN.
Users can also link Aadhaar to PAN by clicking on the given link- https://www1.incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in/e-FilingGS/Services/LinkAadhaarHome.html
How To Download NSDL OR UTI E-Pan Card
Now, e-PAN is also available now and it will be a valid mode of the issue of Permanent Account Number (PAN). Users who have applied for e-PAN can download their e-PAN from both NSDL and UTI.
- E-PAN card download through NSDL portal-Under this, NSDL provides two e-PAN download options viz.
- Download e-PAN card (for PAN allotted in last month) – Here, enter the acknowledgment No. and captcha code for logging in. Click on submit button and follow further instructions (if any). e-PAN download link- https://www.onlineservices.nsdl.com/paam/MPanLogin.html
- Download e-PAN card (for PAN allotted before one month) – Those who have been allotted their PAN before one month can click on the link shared below- https://www.onlineservices.nsdl.com/paam/ReprintDownloadEPan.html
- Enter all the details such as PAN, Date of Birth, Month of Birth, Year of Birth etc. Follow all the instructions provided further and download your e-PAN.
- E-PAN download via UTI –If you are registered with UTI you have to download your e-PAN from its official website only. The download procedure is as follows-
- Go to https://www.utiitsl.com/UTIITSL_SITE/#
- Click on the “ePAN download facility available for PAN applicants” link.
- Open the “Click here” option.
- You need to read all the instructions provided on this page. Once you have read all the instructions, enter all the required credentials.
- It is compulsory to fill all the marked fields. After submitting the details, download you e-PAN.
How to apply for PAN Card
Applicants can apply for PAN through both online or offline medium. For offline medium, applicants can either download PAN application form from the official website or can obtain it from authorized PAN center.
For online PAN application, you can either apply from NSDL TIN or UTITSL. To help you in this we have shared both application procedure here-
NSDL TIN PAN application-
- You have to start by opening the official TIN website.
- If you are an Indian citizen, then you have to fill Form 49A and if foreigner then needs to fill Form 49AA.
- Find the PAN card option and click on “Apply”
- You will be redirected to a new page and an application form will be displayed.
- Fill all the details and click submit.
- Choose the AO code and select your state and category.
- Submit POI, POA, and Proof of Date of Birth.
- Make the payment.
- After submission of application, your PAN card will be couriered to you. You will be given an acknowledgment no. for tracking the application pan card status.
- Application link (for Indian citizens)- Form 49A Online | Form 49A PDF link
- Application link (for foreign citizens)- Form 49AA Online | Form 49AA PDF link
- Application and sign using DSA (for Indian citizens)- Apply Here
- Application and sign using DSA (for foreign citizens)- Apply Here
UTI PAN application-
- Visit https://www.utiitsl.com/UTIITSL_SITE/pan/index.jsp
- Click on “PAN” options provided under the menu services.
- Select the relevant options and follow the instructions and fill information accordingly.
- Provide all the details and documents.
- Make a payment.
- Submit the application
- You will receive an Application coupon no. This no. is used to know the pan card status.
- Application link (for Indian and NRI citizens)- Form 49A Online | PDF link
- Application and sign using DSA (for Indian and NRI citizens)- Apply Here
- Application link (for foreign citizens)- Form 49AA Online | PDF link
- Application and sign using DSA (for foreign citizens)- Apply Here
PAN Application Fee
The application fee is specified by the Income Tax Department. Whether an applicant applies offline or using NSDL or UTI platform, he/she have to pay the standard application fee specified by ITD for that particular application category.
Detailed application fee note of UTI- Check here
Mode of payment-
- Online (credit/debit card and net banking) and applicants can also make payment through Demand draft drawn in favor of ‘NSDL-PAN’ that will be payable at Mumbai.
How to search for PAN centers?
- Those who want to search PAN centers in their location. People can also apply for a new PAN from these PAN centers established at various locations of the country. They just have to visit their nearby PAN centers and have to provide necessary documents. They can search their nearby centers with the help of internet.
- In order to search PAN center using NSDL portal, you can click on https://www.tin-nsdl.com/pan-center.html and find your nearby PAN center. You have to select your state/ union territory and location.
- If you have filled your PAN application using UTI, you have to visit https://www.psaonline.utiitsl.com/PanCenters/applicationCenters and have to select your state and location.
Permanent Account Number is a 10-digit combination of alphabets and numbers used as an identifier issued by the Income Tax Department. Each individual, company, firm, etc. are issued unique PAN.
Any person, taxpayers or accessee who are liable to pay income tax even on the behalf of others is required to have a PAN card. Apart from this, any individual intended to enter into financial or economic transactions wherever PAN is mandatory must have a PAN card.
Detailed information on all the documents required for PAN application can be collected from https://www.tin-nsdl.com/services/pan/documents-required.html
Yes, it is compulsory for all the PAN card holder (who have to file ITR) to link their PAN to Aadhaar positively by 31st March 2019.
PAN application, eligibility, document requirements etc. are specified by ITD and thus it is similar and is followed by both the entities. The application fee is also decided by ITD and therefore it is also the same for both the mediums unless ITD makes changes in it.
You will receive your e-PAN in a PDF form in your registered e-mail ID (i.e. the ID you have mentioned on the application form).
It takes normally two weeks for processing of application and dispatch of PAN provided details mentioned in the application are correct and in order in all aspects.
No, a penalty of Rs.10,000/- is levied on possession of more than one PAN as per the Section 272B of the Income Tax Act., 1961.
You can track the pan card status of PAN by using the acknowledgment no./ application coupon no. You can also contact your PAN centers. In case of delivery, you will receive a message or email on your registered mobile no. and email ID.
PAN inquiry no.- 033-40802999
Toll-free Number: 1800220306
New PAN card & its features
Income Tax Department is now issuing new PAN and e-PAN cards with new designs. ITD has been issuing these newly designed PAN cards from 7th July 2018. Check the features of new PAN cards shared below-
- Position of the dimension of QR code, photograph, signature, and hologram have been changed.
- New PAN card is coming with an enhanced QR code. It will contain PAN applicant’s photograph and signature apart from the existing information i.e., PAN, Name of the applicant, Date of Birth/Incorporation/Formation, Father’s Name/Mother’s Name. This aforementioned information is digitally coded and signed on the Enhanced QR code.
- The enhanced QR code will be readable by specific Mobile Application (App) which are available on Google Play.
- This enhanced QR code will also be made available in e-PAN cards.
The most important thing that every citizen should know that PAN cards and e-PAN cards of old designs issued before 7th July 2018 will also remain valid. No, the authority can deny accepting these old PAN card (wherever PAN is required).
If you have any question related to pan card status NSDL/UTI then comment below. Our team will help you get your PAN Card status.