What is UPI 123Pay?: On 09th March 2022 the Reserve Bank of India Governor Shaktikanta Das launched the UPI (Unified Payments Interface) 123Pay and the DigiSaathi- a 24×7 scheme in collaborating with the National Payment Corporation of India (NPCI). With the help of this service, the candidates who’ve feature phones (commonly known as keypad phones) can make the UPI payments without the use of internet services. During the launch event, RBI Governor proclaimed that the UPI 123Pay will help the features phone users to get digitalized and manage the cash properly. The users can make the payments by just dialing an IVR number and following the process. To grab more data related to UPI 123Pay, working process, etc investigate this article.
What is UPI 123Pay?
In the launch event of the UPI 123Pay, Shaktikanta expressed that around 40 crore Indians uses featured phones due to which they couldn’t get updated about the online transactions so to increase their knowledge and make them believe in cashless payments they are launching the UPI 123Pay scheme which will help Indian citizen to get digitalized and updated about the new technologies. Here you’ll get detailed information about the UPI 123Pay scheme.
Unified Payments Interface 123Pay: An Overview
|Service Name||UPI 123Pay|
|Initiated By||Reserve Bank of India (RBI)|
|Launched By||RBI Governor Shaktikanta Das|
|Launch Date||09th March 2022|
|Availability of Service||Active|
|Beneficiaries||Featured phone user|
Benefits of UPI 123Pay
The benefits of UPI 123Pay have been explained below:
- App-based Functionality: An app would be pre-installed on the feature phone through which several UPI functions can be accessed on the feature phones only.
- Missed Call: It will allow feature phone users to access their bank account and perform routine transactions such as receiving, transferring funds, regular purchases etc., by giving a missed call on the number displayed at the merchant outlet. The customer will receive an incoming call to authenticate the transaction by entering UPI PIN.
- Interactive Voice Response (IVR): UPI payment through pre-defined IVR numbers would require users to initiate a secured call from their feature phones to a predetermined number and complete UPI on-boarding formalities to be able to start making financial transactions without internet connection.
- Proximity Sound-based Payments: This uses sound waves to enable contactless, offline & proximity data communication on any device.
Also Read, All Banks Balance Missed Call Number
How to Use UPI 123Pay?
The UPI 123Pay service for the feature phone which is UPI 123 Pay consists of three steps which include: Call, Choose, and Pay. The steps through which the users can operate during the payment is shared with you:
- The user first have to call on the ‘0804516366’ and then they will be provided with three options i.e. ‘Call, Choose & Pay’.
- It is to be noted that the number which they are using must be linked to their bank account.
- After linking the bank account with the phone, the user has to set an UPI PIN with the help of the Debit Card.
- Once, the UPI PIN is set, the user is all set to use their phone for the UPI payments or recharges such as LPG Gas Refill, FasTag Recharge, Mobile Recharge, EMI Repayment and many more.
- Enter the UPI/recharge amount then the UPI PIN and wait for few minutes.
- The notification of successful tranaction will come on their mobile number.
- To know in details tap check the video given below.
What is DigiSaathi-24×7 service?
The 24×7 Helpline‘DigiSaathi’ will provide the facility to obtain help on the entire gamut of digital payments. Automated responses on information related to digital payment products and services are available in Hindi and English through multiple options like: Toll-Free number: 1800-891-3333, Short Code: 14431, and DigiSaathi official website: digisaathi.info.