Mumbai Indians Players List: Owned by one of the richest and most successful business tycoons Mukesh Ambani, Mumbai Indians is one of the most successful franchises since the commencement of the Indian Premier League (IPL). Led under the captaincy of Rohit Sharma, the team has been 05 times IPL champions (2013, 2015, 2017, 2019, & 2020). Just like every year, the franchise is all set to give chances to young players by bidding on them during the IPL mega auction which is currently going on at Bengaluru. To know in detail about the Mumbai Indians players list, IPL Auction Price keep reading this article.
- 1 Mumbai Indians Players List
- 2 Mumabi Indians Players List: Overview
- 3 Mumbai Indians Retained Players List
- 4 Mumbai Indians Team Players List
- 5 Mumbai Indians Released Players List
- 6 Mumbai Indians Jersey T-Shirt 2022
- 7 Mumbai Indians Administrative & Support Staff
- 8 About Mumbai Indians
- 9 About IPL
- 10 Mumbai Indians Team Players List: Quick Links
Mumbai Indians Players List
Before the commencement of the mega auction, the team already retained their top 04 players like Rohit Sharma, Suryakumar Yadav, Jasprit Bumrah & Kieron Pollard. After the retention of these 04 players, the salary cap left with the franchise is ₹48 crore and as per the latest report they bought Ishan Kishan the India Wicket Keeper who is famous for a quickfire start bought at a whopping amount of Rs 15.25 Cr. currently, now the franchise is looking at some other key players which going to increase the excitement of the fans because they might see some of the new players this season or exchanged players in the MI’s jersey. You can collect more information about the team from their official portal (mumbaiindians.com) or by going through our article.
Mumabi Indians Players List: Overview
|Owner Name||Mukesh Ambani|
|Team Name||Mumbai Indians|
|Captain Name||Rohit Sharma|
|State represents||Mumbai, Maharashtra|
Mumbai Indians Retained Players List
The franchise already retained their top 04 players who give their best to make their team proud and those names are:
- Rohit Sharma: Rohit Sharma was an easy pick as the team’s most successful captain with five IPL trophies to his credit as well as their standout batsmen with 4,441 runs in his cricket career. The price amount on which Rohit Sharma was retained is ₹16 Cr and is fondly called ‘The Hitman’ by his fans.
- Kieron Pollard: After retaining Rohit Sharma, the next player whom team retained was all-rounder player Kieron Pollard who’ve helped the team in the most difficult time by scoring 214 sixes till now. The player was retained at ₹6 Cr by the organization and MI fans calls him ‘Polly.’
- Jasprit Bumrah: Another player who was retained by the franchise was right-arm fast bowler Jasprit Bumrah and currently holds the records of taking 130 wickets in his IPL carer. The price amount on which he was retained by the team was ₹12 Cr and fans is called by name ‘Boom’ from his fans.
- Suryakumar Yadav: Suryakumar Yadav entered MI after the removal of Ishan Kishan and is right-handed batter and a right-arm medium pacer with the 2,341 runs in his IPL career. The right-hand batter was retained with the amount of ₹8 Cr and is fondly by the name ‘SKY.’
Mumbai Indians Team Players List
|Name of Player||Price Amount (₹)|
|Rohit Sharma||16 Cr|
|Kieron Pollard||6 Cr|
|Jasprit Bumrah||12 Cr|
|Suryakumar Yadav||8 Cr|
|Ishan Kisan||15.25 Cr|
Mumbai Indians Released Players List
Along with the retention, the franchise with a heavy heart released some of the best players but it can be estimated that will try their best to buy them during the two-day mega auction. The list of players who were released by the team are:
- Ishan Kishan.
- Hardik Pandya.
- Ishan Kishan.
- Krunal Pandya.
- Trent Boult.
- Quinton de Kock.
- Rahu Chahar.
- Saurabh Tiwary.
- Mohsin Khan.
- Piyush Chawla.
Mumbai Indians Jersey T-Shirt 2022
Jersey plays a very important role as it not only represents the player but also the team. It’s a dream for every player to play in IPL and wear the jersey of any team. Fans are keenly waiting for the MI’s new jersey. The franchise hasn’t revealed their official jersey yet but we’ll update it in our article, the moment it will be officially released by the franchise. As per the reports, the colour will remain the same with blue and golden stripes on either side of the jersey.
MUmbai Indians Homegroud
Built-in a record time of fewer than six months for the India – West Indies Test in 1975 and named after the Mumbai Cricket Association’s President Barrister Seshrao Wankhede, the Wankhede stadium is the home to the Mumbai Indians.
MI Team Motto & Logo Design
The motto of the team is ‘Duniya Hilla Denge Hum’ which translates to ‘We will rock the world’. After every boundary/six or wicket, a fan-made song ‘Akkha Mumbai Khelega’ is played by a disc jockey. The team logo is ‘Sudarshan Chakra’ (or razor) as initially the team was called ‘Mumbai Razors’ before Sachin Tendulkar suggested to change it and name it ‘Mumbai Indians’.
Mumbai Indians Administrative & Support Staff
|Team Manager||Rahul Sanghvi|
|Team Icon||Sachin Tendulkar|
|Director of Cricket Operations||Zaheer Khan|
|Head Coach||Mahela Jayawardene|
|Batting Coach||Robin Singh|
|Bowling Coach||Shane Bond|
|Fielding Coach||James Pamment|
About Mumbai Indians
Founded in the year 2008, the team is owned by Reliance Industries owner and one of the successful business tycoon Mukesh Ambani. Since the year 2008, the team has been 05 times champions under the captaincy of Rohit Sharm and majorly won the matches in their home ground only i.e. Wankhede Stadium. Every year, the team comes up with a new strategy and players making them more strong and more motivated. MI’s and CSK have a major rivalry with each other as they have met 04 times in the finals where Mumbai beat Chennai three times. The rivalry is often referred to as El Clasico of IPL.
Initiated by BCCI, the Indian Premier League (IPL) is a men’s 20-20 cricket league that came into action in 2008 where the top 10 Indian cities represent their state and face each other to win and become the IPL champions. The top cities which have their personal IPL teams are Kolkata Knight Riders, Chennai Super Kings, Mumbai Indians, Delhi Capital, Sunrisers Hyderabad, Ahmedabad Titans, Punjab Super Kings, Lucknow Super Giants, Rajasthan Royals.