JNVs | Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya @Navodaya.gov.in:- JNVs | Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalayas Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya Samiti was established in 1985. The aim to establish JNVS was to provide quality education to talented students from rural areas. Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya Samiti has established and managed the co-educational residential schools across the country.
In India, the education sector needs to be upgraded and NVS is doing a great job in this sector. We have many talented children in the ruler areas of India could not get regular education because of numerous reasons. The Samiti offers education to the students from class VI to XII. Presently NVS has s 589 functional residential schools. Here is the list of regional offices of NCVS;
Table of Contents
- 1 Regional Offices of NVS
- 2 Admission In NVS
- 3 Eligibility Criteria for Admission in Class VI in NVS
- 4 Reservation for Rural, SC/ST, Girls & Disabled Children
- 5 Admission in Class IX in NVS
- 6 Eligibility Criteria for Admission in Class IX in NVS
- 7 Exam Pattern For Admission In Class IX In NVS
- 8 Eligibility criteria to get admission in Class XI
- 9 How To Apply To get Admission In Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya
- 10 NVS Answer Key
- 11 NVS Cut Off Marks and Merit list
- 12 Important Points Related To NVS Entrance Exam
- 13 How to write Answers in NVS Entrance Exam
- 14 Important Link
Regional Offices of NVS
Navodaya Vidyalaya Samiti (NVS) commenced its functioning in 1985-86 with just 2 schools and now the number of schools has been reached up to 589. More than 158000 students are getting quality education from the NVS. Here is the list of regional offices of NVS presented in the country and the numbers of these schools are increasing every year.
|S. No||Region Name||No. Of NVS||States & Respective Numbers of NVS In State|
|1||Bhopal||98||Madhya Pradesh (50), Chhattisgarh (17), Orissa (31)|
|2||Chandigarh||52||Punjab (21), Himachal Pradesh (12), J& K (18) and Chandigarh UT (1)|
|3||Hyderabad||73||Andhra Pradesh (24), Karnataka (28), Kerala (14), Pondicherry (4), A.&N. Islands (2) & Lakshadweep (1)|
|4.||Jaipur||56||Rajasthan (34), Haryana (20), Delhi (2)|
|5||Lucknow||84||U. P. (71), Uttaranchal (13)|
|6||Patna||81||Bihar (38), Jharkhand (24), West Bengal (18)|
|7||Pune||64||Maharashtra (33), Gujarat (26), Goa (2), Daman & Diu (2), Dadra & Nagar Haveli (1)|
|8||Shillong||90||Meghalaya (8), Manipur (11), Mizoram (8) Arunachal Pradesh (16), Nagaland (11), Tripura (4), Sikkim (4) and Assam (28)|
Aim Of NVS
The above-given number clear this point that since the inception of NVS the government has provided all the facilities to this samiti and helped it to grow rapidly. NVS is like a ray of hope for brilliant candidates. Here all the students are treated equally irrespective of their social and economic status. Navodaya Vidyalaya Samiti (NVS) offers free of cost education. NVS Schools are fully residential and it offers all amenities to the students and the teachers.
The main objectives of NVS are as follows;
- Offer a common core-curriculum to ensure comparability in standards and to facilitate and understand the common and composite heritage of our people.
- To progressive bring students from one part of the country to another in each school to promote national integration and enrich the social content.
- To serve as a focal point for improvement in the quality of school education through training of teachers in live situations and sharing of experiences and facilities.
- To establish, develop, maintain and manage hostels for the residence of students of Navodaya Vidyalayas.
- To aid, establish and conduct other institutions as may be required for the furtherance of the Society’s objects in any part of India
- To do all such things as may be considered necessary, incidental or conducive to the attainment of all or any of the objects of the society.
Along with a few other objectives that help the students for their overall growth, the NVS is offering quality education to the students and fulfilling its motive of establishment.
Admission In NVS
In NVS interested students can get admission through the entrance examination. Every year the NVS conducts the admission examination for different classes. Based on the students’ performance in the admission test or NVS entrance test they get the admission. The entrance test to get admission in NVS is known as Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya Selection Test (JNVS). Those students who want to get quality education but could not afford it or maybe they can afford it but want to study in NVS can apply for JNVS. Students wait for the release of JNVS notification to get admission to these reputed schools.
Students can get admission in NVS in the following classes;
- Class VI
- Class IX
- Class XI
Further in this article, we have compiled the information about the eligibility criteria and other information based on entrance examination for the respective class.
Admission in Class VI in NVS
To get admission in class VI the students need to fulfill the eligibility criteria set by the official. Here you can check the eligibility criteria to get admission in class VI along with other information such as reservation rules, exam pattern, etc;
Eligibility Criteria for Admission in Class VI in NVS
- To get admission in class VI the interested student should belong to the same district where the Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya has been opened.
- If in your district the JNV has opened earlier but now it is bifurcated then you can get admission in NVS based on old boundaries. This option will be available and applies only if no new NVS has been opened until the time of your admission.
- Students who want to get admission in class VI must be studying in Class-V for the entire academic session in a Government/Government-Aided, other recognized school. Candidate having a ‘B’ Certificate Competency Course from National Institute of Open Schooling, in the same district where he/she seeks admission.
- A candidate must be within the age group of 9 to 13 years to get admission in class VI. This age group is the same for the admission seekers of all categories, including the students belong to the Scheduled Castes (SCs) and Scheduled Tribes (STs) categories.
- An admission seeker who claims admission in NVS from through quota must have studied and passed Classes- III, IV, and V from a Govt./Govt. Aided/recognized school. It is also must for the admission seeker to spend one full academic session each year in a school located in a rural area.
- It is a must for the candidate to get promoted and admitted to Class-V before 30th September to participate in the entrance exam for class VI.
- Candidates will not be eligible to appear in the JNV Selection Test for a second time if they could not clear it in the first attempt, under any circumstances.
Reservation for Rural, SC/ST, Girls & Disabled Children
Seats in NVS will be reserved for the students belong to reserves categories. Here are the details of same;
- At least 75% of the seats in an NVS will be filled by candidates from rural areas. Students from urban areas of the district can get admission on remaining seats.
- Reservation of seats for SC and ST categories will depend on the population of this category in the district.
- 1/3 of the seats in NVS are reserved for girl students.
- of 3% seats are reserved for disabled Students (i.e. Orthopedically Handicapped, Hearing Impaired and Visually Handicapped).
Exam Pattern For Admission In Class VI In NVS
As we stated above that the admission in NVS will be conducted by an entrance exam. If you fulfill the eligibility criteria given here then you can apply for the entrance test for admission in NVS of your district.
The admission test to get admission in class VI will be having the Class V standard’s questions. The question paper will be having questions from Mental Ability, Arithmetic, and Language. The admission seeker can choose the language out of 20 options offered by the NVS.
Here is the exam pattern for the NVS Entrance Exam for admission in class VI;
|Subject||Exam Time||Marks Weightage|
|Mental Ability||1 hour||50%|
Admission in Class IX in NVS
Usually, NVS has limited seats to offer admission to the students in class IX. If you are an admission seeker in class IX then here we have compiled all the information related to this topic. Scroll down to get more info about admission in class IX in NVS.
Eligibility Criteria for Admission in Class IX in NVS
The candidates must fulfill the given criteria to get admission in class IX in NVS;
- Students belong to the same district where he is seeking admission in class IX.
- The NVS must be having the vacant seats to offer to the interested candidates.
- Admission seeker must belong to the age group 13-16 years on 1st May of the year of admission. The age group will remain same for the candidates from all categories.
- A student must be having the knowledge of Hindi and English both languages as the test will be conducted in them only. Like class VI the student will not get any language preference option.
Exam Pattern For Admission In Class IX In NVS
As we stated above that all the entrance exam will follow a certain pattern of the exam. It is always suggested to the candidates to read and get the knowledge about the exam pattern before appearing in it. Advanced information about NVS Exam pattern for class IX will make you confident in exam room.
Here is the exam pattern followed by the NVS officials to conducted the NVS Entrance Exam 2020 for class IX.
|Subject||Exam Time||Marks Weightage|
The total duration of test will be 3 hours. In this test the admission seekers need to answer the 100 objective type questions within 3 hours.
LATERAL ENTRY FOR CLASS-XI
If any student wants to get admission to NVS class XI then he must read the information given below.
Eligibility criteria to get admission in Class XI
- The age of the admission seeker must be 14-18 years as on 1st July, of the year of admission to get admission in NVS class XI.
- The admission seeker must have passed the class X examination from a government approved schools or college with a repute.
- The admission of the student will be done on the basis of the marks scored by the admission seeker in class X. A merit list will be prepared and the student with a higher rank will get the preference in the admission process. Admission will be conducted on the basis of total available cozy of food and others.
- It is a must for the candidates to have the knowledge of both languages; Hindi and English.
You know the required eligibility criteria and other details about JNVS. Now let’s have a look at the procedure that you need to follow to get admission to NVS. The procedure of admission remains same for all the students but the vacant seats and the date to apply get changed.
Navodaya Vidyalaya Samiti announces the date to release the application form to get admission in class VI and other classes. The date to release the form may vary from year to year. Interested students will have to follow the below steps to show their contender- ship for a vacant seat.
- First of all, visit the official website of NVS and click on the admission tab given on the home page.
- Here a popup menu will appear, click on the admission notification option.
- A list will appear on your screen now that will have all the notifications related to the announcement of the exam, click on the latest one to know about the admission date.
- Now you will have to visit the official website for NVS Admission and login there with user name and password.
- An Application form will appear on your screen, fill it and submit it.
To apply for NVS Entrance Examination no fee is required to pay. At the bottom of this article, you will also get the direct links to reach on the important pages related to NVS admission process. We will also update the dates of examination as soon as they will be released by the authorities.
*** Check kab ara hai Bihar Board 10th Result 2020 Yaha pe ***
Admit Card For NVS
Releasing the admit card is the next important step that needs to be taken by NVS officials. The authorities release the NVS Admit Card online on their website. From the official website of NVS, the students can download the admit card and take its print out. It is a must-have document to get entry into the examination venue.
NVS Answer Key
Once the examination gets over the authorities release the answer key on the official website of NVS. All the students who have participated in the exam can get an idea about their expected marks with the help of answer key released by NVS. If required then candidates can also raise the objection against any answer given in the NVS answer key.
NVS Cut Off Marks and Merit list
With the result, the authorities also release the cut off marks for NVS entrance examination. The cut off marks may vary from one district to another and from one class to another. All those students who will score the minimum mark either equal to or more than the cut off marks will get admission in NVS school in the class they have applied for. Along with the cut off marks, the merit list will also be released online. The merit list will be having the name and rank of the examinees based on their performance in the exam. Students with higher rank in entrance exam get admission easily in NVS.
Important Points Related To NVS Entrance Exam
As a student you need to keep the following thing in mind while giving the entrance examination of NVS irrespective to class;
How to write Answers in NVS Entrance Exam
As the admission of the admission seekers will be done through the entrance exam for two classes so the candidate must be aware of the right method of recording the answers. Read the points given below and keep them in mind on the exam day to perform well.
- Students will get a separate Answer sheet. Here you will have to mark the answers to all the questions. The copy of the specimen OMR Sheet will be uploaded on the website of NVS for the reference.
- Students can write on the OMR sheet with only Blue/Black Ball Point It is suggested to the candidates to bring their own ballpoint pens. No one can use led pencil to mark the answer sheet of NVS.
- In the entrance test for class VI and IX, the candidates need to face the objective type question. You will four probable answers for a single question. Out of these four Choices only one is correct. The candidate needs to select the correct answer and make the corresponding circle darken for the chosen answer.
- No negative marking will be done in this exam so you can also try guesswork if you don’t know the answer to exam.
About Instruction for the Exam Day
It is a must for the candidates to read the instructions given on the cover page of the test booklet. It is suggested to read the instructions before starting to give answers to the asked questions. Here the important things are compiled by the exam conducting authorities that you keep in mind.
Here we have mentioned a few other information and instructions related to the exam day; read them carefully.
- The students will get a total time of two hours to complete the examination. This time will be allotted to the student without any break.
- “Divyang students” (differently-abled students) will get additional time of 30 minutes.
- To clear the examination it is essential to secure the qualifying marks in each of the three
- Admission seekers are advised to be focused on the exam day and do not spend much time on a single question while attempting it. If you don’t know the answer then leave the question and attempt the one about which you are sure.
- No candidate will be allowed to appear in the selection test without proper Admit Card.
- It is a must for the candidates to be seated in the allotted exam rooms latest by 11:00 a.m. on exam day.
- Be on time to the exam center as the latecomers will not be allowed to take the test.
To reach the official website of NVS, click here.
The Bottom Line
Here we have compiled all the important information related to admission in NVS. In case of any further query, feel free to write to us in the comment box below. We shall revert to you soon.