Covid 3rd Dose Registration: After introducing 2 doses of vaccine, the government has suggested precautionary measures and additionally, advised a third dose of the vaccine. This dose will be known as a booster vaccine and all the citizens are eagerly waiting to get jabbed. To know more about the registration for COVID 3rd dose read the article given below.
Covid 3rd Dose Registration 2022
Senior citizens, that is, citizens who are above the age of 60 are eligible for the Booster Dose. The frontline workers such as doctors, nurses, healthcare workers, and more can also take the Precautionary Dose. To ease out the process, the Government has announced that no registrations are required in order to get vaccinated with the third dose. However, it would be convenient and much more systematic if the citizens but this is not for a booster vaccination. They will have to register on CoWin in order to get vaccinated with the booster jab of the respective vaccines. The registrations will be made through the online portal and there is no option of registering offline.
Importance of COVID-19 Vaccine Booster Dose
It is highly important to get fully vaccinated and also, precautionary vaccinated amidst the third wave. Vaccines offer safety against the SARS-CoV-2 virus but do not guarantee 100% protection. Hence, such cases have been observed where fully vaccinated people have been infected. Reportedly, the vaccines have not proved very efficient against the recently discovered Omicron variant. While the vaccination drive for children of age 15-18 has started and the focus is on the second dose until the year-end, the booster dose vaccination for priority groups has begun.
Covid 3rd Dose Eligibility
Only the following people who belong to the priority groups and fulfill the ensuing conditions are eligible for the booster dose vaccination:
- The citizens must be fully vaccinated.
- 39 weeks or 9 months must have passed after the last dose, that is, the second dose is taken.
- The citizen should have been registered on CoWin as a Health Care Worker HWC or a Frontline Worker FLW.
- Apart from HWC and FLW, senior citizens who are more than 60 years in age can also get jabbed with the Precautionary dose.
Covid 3rd Dose Registration through CoWin
Citizens can simply walk in into the vaccination centres to get vaccinated with the booster dose. However, for personal convenience and ease, they can choose to register on the CoWin Portal. The following method must be observed in order to book a slot for the third dose of the vaccination:
- Open the official vaccination registration portal of the Government of India common CoWin at cowin.gov.in.
- Scroll to reach Get your Precaution Dose section.
- Click on Book your Slot.
- Register or Sign In for vaccination form will open up.
- Enter the Mobile Number which was used for registration.
- Tap on Get OTP.
- An OTP will be generated on the entered number.
- The members registered on the mobile number will appear on the screen.
- If a member is a healthcare worker or a frontline worker or a senior citizen, there will be an option of Booster Dose.
- Tap on Schedule.
- Book Appointment for Booster Dose page will open up.
- The citizens can either search the vaccination centre by using the PIN code or by the District.
- Enter the Pin code or Choose the District and tap on Search.
- The slot search results will appear on the screen.
- Filters can also be chosen such as Age, Cost as Paid or Free, the Type of Vaccine that is Covishield or Covaxin or SputnikV.
- The slot will appear and the vaccination centres will also be mentioned.
- Tap on the number of slots under the date the citizen wishes to get vaccinated on.
- The Appointment Confirmation page will open up.
- Choose the Time Slot and tap on Confirm.
- The slot will be booked and the citizens must Download and Print the confirmation.
Covid 3rd Dose Registration through Arogya Setu
Other than CoWin, the citizens can also choose to register through the app of Aarogya Setu. To register for the booster dose using the app, read the subsequent method:
- Open the Aarogya Setu app on the respective device.
- Tap on CoWin and the options pertaining to the vaccination registrations will open up.
- Click on Vaccination (Login/Register).
- Enter the mobile number to Login.
- An OTP will be received on the entered number. Use it for logging in.
- Click on Booster Dose.
- Book the slot available in the nearest vaccination centre.
- Confirm the slot timing and Download the confirmation receipt.
- Download Vaccine Certificate by Aadhar
- Cowin Vaccine Certificate Verification
- Cowin Vaccine Certificate Correction
- Covid Vaccination Certificate
Important Links & Helpline
|Download Arogya Setu App||Arogya Setu App Link|
|Check||Revised Vaccination Guidelines|