Career As Gynecologist– A gynecologist is a type of doctor who specialize to handle disease in females. In India, there is very much scope in this field. Students who are interested and want to become a gynaecologist can obtain education from various colleges in India.
Only a skilled candidate can become a gynaecologist and serve in the medical field. This article will provide your whole information about Career As Gynecologist and several jobs granted for this field.
- 1 About Gynecologist
- 2 Eligibility Criteria for becoming a Gynecologist
- 3 Top colleges Offering Gynecology Course
Every woman needs a gynecologist in their lives to solve their medical issues. Gynecologists deal with female issues like pregnancy, the birth of a child, and other reproductive difficulties. A person who is a gynecologist has equipped as a surgical specialist and as a medical specialist both. If anyone chooses gynaecology as a career, then he/she will be in demand in the future.
As people select their career goal as their interest in the area, and every year many students take admission to study gynecology. Females prefer lady gynecologists over a man gynecologist so, the need for females as gynecologists is increasing day by day. Gynecology is a complete study of women’s organs.
Those doctors who have specialized in gynecology are known as gynecologists. If any woman is facing any medical problems, they should consult a gynaecologist to resolve the problem. A gynecologist can assist their service in the medical only when they have a valid degree.
Responsibilities of Gynecologist
- Gynecologists deliver new-born while taking special care of the health of mother and child both.
- They treat infection and any other disease occurring in the female organ or any part of the body.
- Gynecologists also guide medicines and therapies to their patients that are relevant to their problems.
- They conduct an interview with their patients to understand more about their complaints and problems.
- To maintain all the records of their inmates also comes under a gynecologist’s job.
- Gynecologists can works in research fields as well as involve in other medical activities like treatment, drugs, etc.
- While doing surgeries they have to coordinate with nurses, specialists, assistants, etc.
Different Gynecologist Courses with Duration
Students can do several courses after the completion of the 12th class. To do so, in 10+2 candidate must have PCB subjects. Only PCB stream students can go further for other medical education. These are the list of course mention with the duration of program.
|Name of the Courses||Duration of Courses||Eligibility Criteria for the Courses|
|Post Graduate Diploma||2 years||MBBS|
|PG. Diploma in Gynecology and Obstetrics (D. G. O.)||2 years||MBBS|
|Mater of surgery (MS)||2 years||MBBS|
|Doctor of Medicine (MD)||3 years||MBBS|
|Diplomate of Medicine (DOP)||3 years||MBBS|
|Other Certificate Programs||3 months||BHMS/BUMS/BAMS|
Eligibility Criteria for becoming a Gynecologist
- The very first criteria is that, the candidate must belong from the PCB group in 10+2.
- To take admission to MD/MS program, the applicant must have completed their MBBS (5 year) course.
- It is required to do 1-year of internship after completing a 5-year MBBS course.
In India, there are many organizations that conduct entrance examinations for the students. By giving this test candidates get admissions in the best medical colleges in India. University and colleges organize the exams for students and who qualifies the test, can take admission in the college.
Entrance Exams Conducted by Different Organization
|Name of Entrance Exam||Description of Different Examination|
|NEET UG||National Eligibility cum Entrance test is for those students who take admission to undergraduate course in best colleges of India.|
|NEET PG||National Eligibility cum Entrance test is postgraduation like MD/MS level entrance test. Applicants who clear this entrance test will go through the counselling procedure organized by MCI (Medical Council of India)|
|AIIMS||All India Institute of Medical Science manages the examination for students taking undergraduate programs.|
|AIIMS PG||By qualifying AIIMS PG entrance test candidates will get admission to DM/MS/MS/MDS like PG courses.|
|PMET||PMET is Punjab Medical Entrance Test, only those students can take part in this exam who have 50% aggregate in PCB.|
|JIPMER MBBS||To take admission in MBBS students can appear in JIPMER entrance test.|
|JIPMER PG||Students who want to take admission in pg courses can gives these examinations.|
Also Check – NEET Previous Year Question Paper
How to Prepare of Gynecologist Course Entrance Exams?
- Register for the entrance exam and take all the features like the syllabus of test, marking schemes of the exam, etc.
- Make a schedule according to your how many months before will you start the preparation and the timing to preparation.
- Start preparing 3 or 5 hours every day, and make habit of studying daily. Take small breaks so that you can refresh yourself.
- Firstly clear all the logics and finish every hard topic which takes much time of yours.
- Solve previous years entrance exam questions papers and practice al the paper.
- Plan things according to the exams and work hard to qualify for the exam.
Top colleges Offering Gynecology Course
After qualifying the examination, students will get admissions in several institutions all over in India. We have written down some popular university names of India. Take a review of the list given below.
- Government Medical College, Nagpur
- Shivaji University, Maharashtra
- Government Medical College, Kerala
- Mahatma Gandhi Institute of Medical Sciences, Maharashtra
- Government Medical College, Punjab
- AIIMS (All India Institute of Medical Sciences)
- Armed Forces Medical College, Pune
- Andhra Medical College, Vishakhapatnam
- B.R. Ambedkar Medical College, Bangalore
- Government Medical College, J & K
- All India Institute of Medical Science, New Delhi
- Baba Farid University of Health Sciences, Faridkot
- Lady Hardinge Medical College, New Delhi
- Maulana Azad Medical College, New Delhi
- SMS (Sawai Man Singh) Medical College, Jaipur
Jobs and Career as Gynecologist
As everyone knows the demand for gynecologists is rising rapidly so, the gynecologist can be the best career option for the interested candidates. A gynecologist can serve both the government and private sectors. Some candidates have excellent teaching skills, after the completion of course they can become a lecturer in any reputed university. Gynecologists can be a surgeon in hospitals, or they can work for any charitable organization.
Gynecologist can be an Entrepreneur?
Yes, a gynecologist can be an entrepreneur. By starting their independent clinic, gynecologist can become an entrepreneur. To start the clinic, they need investment and a well-organized place by which they can start their business. As you see, people start their part-time job as working in their clinic so they can treat more and more people. Outside there is various type of opportunities that a gynecologist can do.
Pay Scale of Gynecologist
Candidates who have just started their career as gynecologists freshly and do not have any experience in this field get a salary range of Rs 4 – 5 lakhs annually. Those gynecologists who have a great experience of work their salary range falls under Rs 25 – 30 lakhs yearly.
And there are many gynecologists who have their own clinics out there can acquire a salary according to their experience and name.
Frequently Asked Questions
The growth prospects varies according to the profession. In medical field you will get promotions and that will be your growth prospects. The growth of the person depends on his/her skills. What you learn and how you implements the learning increase your skills.
Programs PCB students can do are MBBS, BUMS, BSMS, BHMS, BAMS, BDS etc. Some of these courses can attain by clearing the entrance exams.
There are three sub categories of gynecologist that are Obstetrician (handle pregnancy), Reproductive Medicine Specialists (study with the procedure of imitation), Gynecologist (this handle problems of menstrual, hormonal etc).
For all India, the fees structure rly between 50,000 to 2 lakhs per year. In private colleges the range of fees changes to 10 lakh to 80 lakhs per annum.
The primary need to appear in any medical examination is that aspirants must passed their 12th class with PCB stream.
Hello everyone, we have provided the information on Career as Gynecologist we hope the article has useful to you. Anyone have question regarding to this article can ask in the comment section given below.