Brett Maher: Brett Maher is 33 years old American football placekicker. He is currently playing for the Dallas Cowboys of the NFL i.e., National Football League. Brett was born on 21st November 1989. New York Jets signed the player in 2013 as an undrafted free agent. During his college, he used to play football in Nebraska. Over time, the player has been a member of the Hamilton Tiger-Cats, Dallas Cowboys, Winnipeg Blue Bombers, Houston Texans, Ottawa Redblacks, Cleveland Browns, Washington Commanders, and Arizona Cardinals. If you want to know more about Brett Maher then you must read the following article thoroughly.
Brett Maher Bio
Brett completed his first three years of high school at Centennial Public School situated in Utica, Nebraska. After that, he was transferred to Kearney High School situated in Kearney, Nebraska. He used to play football for the Bearcats in KHS. The player made 8 of 14 field goals as a senior and 42 of 46 extra points. The player has also played as a wide receiver. At the end of the season, the player received All-state Honors through the Lincoln Journal Star as well as Omaha World-Herald.
Brett Maher was offered various scholarships but he refused them and joined the University of Nebraska. He was the holder for the field goals and extra points in every game of the college as he was a sophomore. After Henry graduated, the player became a placekicker and counter. His score was fabulous as a junior. The player was one of the members of the Big Ten who was named as All-Conference ar kicker as well as the punter. When he become a senior, he received a football scholarship. The player finished his college career with 39-of-50 field goals.
Highlights of Brett Maher’s Bio
|Date of Birth||21st November 1989|
|Height||6 ft 0 in (1.83 m)|
|Weight||180 lb (82 kg)|
Brett Maher College Statistics
Brett Maher CFL & NFL Career Statistics
|Field goal||107||Field goals||94|
|Field goal attempts||137||Field goal attempts||116|
|Longest field goal||58||Field goal%||81.0%|
|Punts||368||Longest field goal||63|
Brett Maher Contracts
- New York Jets: Maher was signed on 12th May 2013 by New York Jets. He was released on 23rd July 2013 to take Billy Cundiff.
- Dallas Cowboys: Dallas Cowboys signed the player on 11th August 2013 as Dan Bailey was injured. After two weeks he was released by the team officials.
- Winnipeg Blue Bombers: On 1st May 2014, the team signed him for CFL. However, due to restrictions on the number of players, he was released in 2014 only.
- Ottawa Redblacks: Ottawa signed him shortly after being released by Winnipeg. He was released on 13th May 2015 due to his hip injury.
- Hamilton Tiger-Cats: On 19th May 2016, Hamilton signed a contract with him. In that season, the player completed 82 of his field goal attempts.
- Cleveland Browns: The player was signed on 20th March 2017. When he did not pass Zane in the depth, he was released on 20th May 2017
- Ottawa Redblacks: He was signed again by Ottawa on 10th June 2017 and was released in the same year.
- Dallas Cowboys: On 4th April 2018, Dallas signed the player again. He played two seasons with the team but the 2019 performance was not quite good. On 9th December 2019, the team replaced him.
- New York Jets: On 31st December 2019, he was signed by the team and was released on 31st August 2022.
- Washington Commanders: He was signed on 10th September 2020 in the practice squad and was released after 20 days.
- Houston Texans: The player was again signed into the practice squad on 12th October 2020 and was waived off on 14th December 2020.
- Arizona Cardinals: Previously, he signed a practice squad and on 5th January 2021, he signed a reserved contract. The player was released on 20th March 2021.
- New Orleans Saints: The team signed him in 2021, and his performance was quite good during the contract, The play was waived off on 22 February 2022.
- Dallas Cowboys: On 9th August 2022, the team signed the player who is currently playing for Dallas only.
Brett Maher Salary
The salary of the player depends upon the team for which they are playing and the contract signed by the player. The player has several years of experience in football. He is been playing football since childhood. The player has signed a contract of one year with the Dallas Cowboys currently. It is expected that the player is earning $965,000 annually from the contract. Readers are informed that the data mentioned here is tentative. The real salary of the player might be different than the one mentioned here.
Brett Maher’s Social Media Accounts
Frequently Asked Questions
Brett also used to play basketball as a senior. He was also a Class A all-state pick as a senior.
His arm length is 31+5⁄8 in (0.80 m) and his hand span is 9+1⁄8 in (0.23 m). The measurement mentioned here has been Pre-draft measurables.
Yes, Brett is happily married and is a father of two children.
The player made 39-of-50 field goals, 219 points and 120 punts for a 43.2-yard avg. as well as 43 punts inside the 20-yard line.
We believed that the readers found every crucial information related to Brett Maher in our article. If you have any queries, feel free to ask us in the comment box available below.