WBJEE JECA 2023: The West Bengal Joint Entrance Examination Board has announced that the common entrance examination for MCA will be held on 8th July 2023. The candidates who aim to get admitted to Master in Computer Application course in West Bengal must apply for the colleges through the WBJEE Portal. The authorities shall conduct an exam and on the basis of that, the counselling procedures shall follow. The WB JECA 2023 online application is to open from 27th Jan 2023. And interested applicants must apply before the deadline.
Prior to the application procedure, check all details such as the Eligibility Criteria, Syllabus, Pattern, Application Procedure and more, here in this article.
WBJEE JECA 2023
The admissions of aspirants into various prestigious colleges in West Bengal are headed by the WBJEE Board. The authorities hold an entrance test and common counselling procedure for that. Currently, the application window for the same is open for the course of Masters in Computer Applications or MCA. Interested candidates were invited to fill out the online form from 27th January 2023. The applications will conclude on 8th February 2023.
The form has to be filled out and submitted before that. The applications will be screened and the eligible candidates will be shortlisted. They shall appear for the Joint Entrance Examination scheduled for 8th July 2023. On the basis of the scores of the test, the common counselling procedures for admissions shall commence.
WBJEE JECA 2023: Overview
|Name of the Examination||WBJEE JECA or Joint Entrance for admission into MCA course|
|Authority||WBJEEB or West Bengal Joint Entrance Examination Board|
|Course||Masters in Computers Application or MCA|
|Application Last Date||27th Jan to 8th Feb 2023|
|Application Fee Payment Mode||Direct Bank Transfer or DBT|
|Examination Mode||OMR or Optical Mark Reader based offline exam|
WBJEE JECA Eligibility Criteria
The following Eligibility Criteria need to be observed before applying for the West Bengal JEE Board Joint Entrance for Admission in the MCA course:
- The candidate must be an Indian National.
- There is no minimum or maximum age criteria that the authorities have specified.
- The candidates should have passed their bachelor’s degree course with specified marks as an aggregate and in mathematics.
- The Graduate courses which are applicable for certain modules are here as follows:
- BTech or Bachelors in Engineering in fields of Information Technology IT or Computer Science
- BTech in any other stream
- BSc Majors in Computer Applications
- BSc Honours with Computers
- BSc Honours in Others
- BA or BCom General
- BA or BCom Honours
- BCA or Bachelors in Computer Applications
- The applicants must observe the criteria for the scores in Class 12 and 10 board examination.
- The candidates must check the detailed eligibility criteria
Documents to be Uploaded
The candidates must upload the required documents in the application form. The online form will not be accepted unless the copies are unloaded. Hence, the candidates should observe that the records must be uploaded in the right formats and sizes. The following are the documents related instructions:
- Passport sized photograph of the candidate must be uploaded in format of a jpg document. The minimum size of the picture needs to be 20 KB. However, the copy must not be more than 200 KB in size. The photograph must be coloured and very recent.
- The candidates must sign on white paper with a blue/black pen and scan it. The scanned copy should be in jpg format. The size of the document must range between 20 KB to 200 KB. This must be uploaded while submitting the online form.
WBJEE JECA 2023 Application Procedure
The following procedure must be followed while filling out the application form for the WBJEE JAC 2023:
- Open the official portal of the West Bengal Joint Entrance Examination Board at wbjeeb.nic.in.
- Click on JECA to open the portal.
- The WB JECA or West Bengal Joint Entrance Examinations Board Joint Entrance for admission into MCA course portal will open up.
- Click on Apply for JECA 2023
- The application portal for the entrance examination will open up.
- Click on New Candidate Registration and the Instructions and Procedure for online submission of Application Form page will be visible on the screen.
- Please read all the information given and tick mark the I Agree box.
- The Registration Form will open on the screen. Enter the Personal Details and Contact Details.
- Finally, choose a Password for the account and enter the Security Pin.
- Click on Submit.
- Head back to the Registered Candidates Sign-In and enter the login credentials.
- Choose the Examination, and enter the Application Number, Password, and Security Pin.
- Click on Sign In.
- Click on Fill Application Form in the dashboard and the online form for the examination will open up.
- Fill out the required information in the Personal Details section.
- Enter the Qualification Details, Contact Details, and Exam Details.
- Upload the Signature and Photograph of the candidates following the instructions as mentioned above.
- Pay the Application Fee using the safe online money transfer platform.
- Review the application before submission. In case any discrepancies are found in the application form, the authorities shall inform via mail or message. The candidates will have to follow the correction procedures.
- Finally, click on Submit and the online form will be successfully submitted.
JECA Exam Syllabus
The candidates must observe the following topics in the syllabus that has been announced by the candidates:
- C Programming
- Computer Network
- Database Management System
- Data Structure
- Introduction of Computers
- Machine Learning
- Object Oriented Programming
- Operating System
- Software Engineering
JECA Examination Pattern and Scheme
The examination will be set on a particular pattern. Observation of the pattern will make it easier for the candidates to prepare for the exam. The exam will be conducted on an OMR or Optical Mark Reader Sheet. The ensuing pattern will be followed:
|S.No.||Section||Number of Questions||Marks for every Correct Answer||Negative Marks||Total Maximum Marks for the Section|
WB JECA Application Schedule
|1.||Commencement of Online Application||27th January 2023|
|2.||Application Deadline||8th Feb 2023|
|3.||Correction and Downloading Window Commencement||10th Feb 2023|
|4.||Correction and Downloading Window Deadline||11th Feb 2023|
|5.||Admit Card Download Starting Date||28th June 2023|
|6.||Last Date to Download Admit Card||8th July 2023|
|7.||Examination Date||8th July 2023|
WBJEE JECA 2023 Important Links
|Visit||WBJEE JECA 2023 Portal|
|Submit here||WBJEE JECA 2023 Application Link|
|Download||WBJEE JECA 2023 Information Bulletin|