UPSC CSE 2023 Notification: The authorities at the Union Public Service Commission are all set to conduct the Preliminary level of the Civil Services Examination. The aspirants of UPSC can now fill out the application form for the same online mode. The Commission has released a notification to provide information regarding the examination and important dates. Potential applicants must check the subsequent article to get all the important details such as Notification, Application Form, Eligibility, and direct Links pertaining to the UPSC CSE 2023.
UPSC CSE Notification and Application Form
The candidates who are willing to get recruited in Civil Services under the Central Government through the Union Public Service Commission UPSC can now apply for the CSE of Preliminary Level. The authorities at the Commission released Examination Notice No. 05/2023-CSP on 1 February 2023 and activated the application window as well. The last date to apply has been declared as 21 February 2023. The aspirants need to submit the application forms by 6 PM on the day of the deadline.
Further, the candidates need to also note that the examination will be held on 28 May 2023. The selection procedure for Civil Service is Preliminary Exam, Mains Exam, followed by Personality Test or an Interview. The candidates who will pass the Prelims will be allowed to appear for the Mains Exam.
UPSC CSE Notification 2023: Highlights
|Name of the Examination||UPSC CSE|
|Full Form||Civil Services Examination|
|Authority||Union Public Service Commission UPSC|
|Examination Notice Number||05/2023-CSP|
|Date of Exam||28 May 2023|
|Commencement of Application||1 February 2023|
|Last Date to Apply||21 February 2023|
UPSC Civil Services Eligibility Criteria
Only Eligible Candidates can apply for the Civil Services Examination. Thus, the aspirants must fulfil the ensuing conditions of eligibility:
- The candidates must be Indian Citizens or subjects of Nepal or Bhutan.
- Tibetan Refugees who settled in India before 1 January 1962 can apply as well.
- People of Indian origin who have migrated from countries as permitted by the Central Government and have an intention of permanently settling in the country can also apply for the recruitment.
- The minimum age limit has been declared as 21 years.
- Further, the upper age limit has been announced as 32 years. However, the applicants for various categories must note that the limit is relaxable as per the rules of the Indian Government.
- The applicant must be a Graduate holding a respective degree from an institution recognised by University Grants Commission UGC.
- Candidates should not have exhausted the permitted attempts applicable to them.
Also Read: Top 15+ Highest Paying Jobs in India 2023
Apply for Civil Services Exam at www.upsc.gov.in
Aspirants of the UPSC Civil Services Examination need to realise that in order to apply, they will have to access the portal of the Commission. For this, they will have to register themselves online. The candidates will further have to fill out the application forms, upload the necessary documents, and pay the application fee. The ensuing steps need to be followed in order to fill out the application form for the Union Public Service Commission Civil Services Examination of Preliminary Level:
- Open the official portal of the Union Public Service Commission UPSC at www.upsc.gov.in.
- On the Home page of the website, the topmost menu of the page will contain many options.
- Further, tap on the button for Examinations.
- A dropdown list will subsequently open up displaying many options pertaining to the exams of UPSC.
- Tap on the option of Active Examinations.
- The list of all the exams that are currently active will be displayed on the screen.
- Click on the link for Civil Services (Preliminary) Examination, 2023 to open up the dedicated portal.
- The Civil Services (Preliminary) Examination, 2023 page will appear on the screen with all the options pertaining to the test.
- Click on the option of One Time Registration (OTR) for Examinations.
- The Application Portal of the Union Public Service Commission will appear on the screen at upsconline.nic.in.
- In case the applicant has not been through the One Time Registration OTR on the UPSC portal, they need to click on the option of New Registration.
- Further, a Registration Form will open up on the screen where the candidates will be required to enter their basic details and create login credentials for the page.
- Submit the completely filled Registration Form and the credentials will be created.
- Nextly, head to the Already Registered form on the UPSC Application Portal.
- In the login form, enter the credentials created at the time of OTR registration.
- The applicants can log in either by Email ID, Mobile Number, or OTR ID.
- Nextly, enter the Password followed by the Verification Code.
- Click on the option to Login.
- The Application Form for the Civil Services (Preliminary) Examination, 2023 will appear on the screen.
- Fill out the application form with the correct details as mentioned in the official documents.
- Further, upload the required Documents in the correct sizes and formats, as declared in the official notification.
- Lastly, pay the Application Fee online or in cash.
- The candidates are advised to carefully Review the application before finally submitting it online.
- Finally, Submit the application form.
- Further, you must also Print the completely filled-out application form and the paid application fee for reference in the future.
UPSC Civil Services Preliminary Exam Application Fee
The candidates applying for the Union Public Service Commission UPSC Preliminary Examination will have to pay a fee in order to process the applications and also for the exam conduction by the authorities. The fee can be paid online mode using the available payment methods such as Net Banking, Credit Cards, or Debit Cards. The other option is to “Pay By Cash” by depositing the Pay – in – Slip at the nearest SBI Branch before the deadline.
The payment has to be before the slip deactivates. In case the payments have been made but not received, the authorities will release the list of such candidates and they will be provided with a window of 10 days in order to prove the payment. The authorities have declared the following application fee for UPSC CSE:
- General or Unreserved UR Candidates: Rs. 100
- Female Candidates: Rs. 0
- Scheduled Castes SC: Rs. 0
- Scheduled Tribes: Rs. 0
- Persons with Benchmark Disabilities PwBD: Rs. 100
- Other Categories: Rs. 100
|Official Portal||Union Public Service Commission UPSC|
|Apply||UPSC CSE Preliminary Exam Application Form|
|Download||UPSC Civil Services Exam Notification pdf Download|
The last date to apply for the UPSC Civil Servies Exam has been declared as 21 February 2023 by 6 PM.
The last date of the exam for the Preliminary level of Civil Services Exam conducted by UPSC in 2023 has been declared as 28 March 2023.
The aspirants can apply for the UPSC Civil Services Examination 2023 online on the official portal of the Union Public Service Commission UPSC at www.upsc.gov.in.
The selection for UPSC Civil Services is on the basis of the performance of the applicants in the Preliminary Exam, Mains Examination, and Interview or Personality Test.