UPSC Civil Services 2023 Application: The Union Public Service Commission or UPSC invites applications from the aspirants of IAS and IFS. The recruitment for Civil Services is yet to commence and as per the UPSC Exam calendar, the application process starts from 1st Feb 2023. Candidates who wish to get posted in Indian Administrative Services or Indian Forest Services can apply online for the same. The CIVIL Services 2023 applications will be accepted through the online form on UPSC portal.
The candidates must acknowledge all the details such as vacancies, eligibility criteria and much more before filling out the online form. To check all the information pertaining to recruitment, scroll and go through the article given below.
UPSC Civil Services Prelim Exam Notification 2023
The candidates who aspire for IAS or IFS must be all prepared to go through their recruitment under Union Public Service Commission. They must observe the application procedure and fill out the online form. The eligible candidates will be shortlisted on the basis of their details and further called in for the prelim exam as a part of the selection procedures. The UPSC IAS application window opened on 1 February 2023 and will be closing on 21 February 2023. The examination will be tentatively conducted on 28th May 2023. It is to be noted that the Application once submitted cannot be withdrawn. The complete applications will only be shortlisted and the candidates must check all the details pertaining to the Preliminary examination in advance.
UPSC Civil Services 2023: Highlights
|Name of the Examination||UPSC Civil Services IAS and IFS Prelim Exam|
|Authority||Union Public Service Commission or UPSC|
|Post||IAS or Indian Administrative Services and IFS or Indian Forest Services|
|Number of Vacancies||1105|
|Application Window Commencement||1 February 2023|
|Examination Date||28th May 2023|
UPSC Civil Services Vacancies Details
The following vacancies have been released by the Union Public Service Commission for Civil Services and Indian Forest Services:
- Indian Civil Services: As per the official notification of Union Public Service Commission, the authorities have notified approximately —- vacancies for Civil Services. However, these are tentative and subject to any further changes. These openings also include certain vacancies for Indian Administrative Services.
- Indian Forest Services: The Union Public Service Commission or UPSC has announced — vacant posts under the IAFs or Indian Forest Services. This number is totally approximate. There could be the possibility of an increase or decrease in the number upon careful calculation.
UPSC IAS and IAF 2023 Eligibility Criteria
The candidates applying for the posts of Indian Administrative Services or Indian Forest Services must observe that they satisfy the eligibility criteria mentioned below:
- The candidate must be an Indian National. The applicant can be a citizen of India or a subject of Nepal or Bhutan. Tibetans who have settled in India before 1962 with intention of permanent settlement can also apply. Additionally, the candidates who are of Indian origin and have migrated from Pakistan, Sri Lanka, Vietnam, Burma, and East African countries, willing to permanently settle in India can also apply for the post.
- The minimum age of the applicants has been notified as 21 years.
- The applicants should not be more than 32 years of age. The upper age limit is relaxable for certain candidates belonging to reserved categories as per the norms of Indian Government.
- The aspirants of Indian Administrative Services should have a valid graduate degree from a recognised university. Those who are in the last year of their bachelor’s degree must be sure that their final semester examinations are over before the UPSC Examination.
- The candidates who will apply for Indian Forest Services must observe that they need to bachelor’s degree in Forestry. Their education must be equipped with most of the topics such as Chemistry, Botany, Physics, Mathematics, Zoology, Statistics, Geology, Animal Husbandry and Veterinary Science. Candidates with degrees in Agriculture or Engineering shall also be considered eligible.
UPSC Civil Services Application Procedure
The initial shortlisting for the preliminary examination of UPSC Civil services or IFS will be on the basis of the applications that will be received by the authorities from the aspirants. Hence, the candidates must fill the application forms properly. To apply for the posts of Indian Administrative Services or IAS and Indian Forest Services, follow the steps given below:
- Open the official portal of Union Public Service Commission or UPSC at www.upsc.gov.in.
- On the Home page, scroll down to the Examination section.
- Under the heading of Active Examinations, tap on Online Application for Various Examinations of UPSC.
- The application page will open up.
- Check for examination code CSP, and Civil Services (Preliminary) Examination which will only be conducted for Civil services and Indian Forest Services.
- Tap on Click Here for PART I भाग- I के लिए यहां क्लिक करें.
- The Instructions page will open up. Read all the instructions very carefully and click on Yes.
- Enter the Personal Details, Educational Details, Address, and tap on Continue.
- Pay the applicable fee for the online form.
- Upload the necessary documents in the correct sizes and formats.
- Agree to the declaration and finally press Submit.
- Head back to the application page and tap on Click Here for Part II भाग- II के लिए यहां क्लिक करें.
- The login form will open up. Enter the Registration ID, Date of Birth and the captcha code.
- Click on Submit.
- Fill out the further details and complete the application procedure.
- Finally, tap on Submit.
Application Fee for IAS and IAF Prelim Exam
The candidates must pay the fee in order to process their application form. The fee needs to be paid online mode or by paying in cash at the State Bank of India. The following application fee needs to be submitted by the candidates at the time of registration:
- Females, Scheduled Castes, Scheduled Tribes, Persons with Benchmark Disability: Rs. 0
- Other Categories: Rs. 100