NTA UGC NET firstname.lastname@example.org: UGC NET (National Eligibility Test) is one of the important and toughest national level exams conducted for fellowship and lectureship in India. The application form for NTA UGC NET 2020 is available on the official NTA portal. Interested candidates can submit their applications till 30th June 2020, and the correction window will remain open till 20th July.
Update: UGC NET admit card for examination which was scheduled to be held from 4th Nov onwards is available to download, and applicants can download it here
UGC NET exam is conducted to assess and determine the eligibility of Indian nationals for the Eligibility for Assistant Professor only or Junior Research Fellowship & Eligibility for Assistant Professor both in Indian Universities and Colleges. Till 2018 it was conducted by the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) but now it will be conducted by National Testing Agency (NTA).
Latest update: UGC NTA has again extended the last date of submitting the online application form 16 June 2020 to 30th June 2020. The examination was already postponed. New exam dates will be released soon.
Update: The application for NTA UGC NET June 2020 is closed now.
- 1 UGC NET 2020 Application Form
UGC NET 2020 Application Form
Here in this article, candidates will get all the important details about NTA UGC NET 2020 application form, exam dates, eligibility, important changes, syllabus, pattern, admit card, etc.
|Examination||UGC NET 2020|
|Exam type||National level entrance exam for lectureship and fellowship|
|Conducting Authority||National Testing Agency|
|Post||Assistant Professor or Junior Research Fellowship|
|Offered||Twice in a year|
|Mode of examination||Online|
|NTA official website||www.nta.ac.in|
NTA UGC NET Application Dates 2020
|Availability of online application form||16th March 2020|
|Last date for registration|
|Correction in application form||6th to 20th July 2020|
|Date of issue of admit card|
|Date of examination|
4th, 5th, 11th, 12th, & 13th Nov 2020
|Announcement of result|
UGC NET Application Eligibility 2020
Before filling out an application form applicants need to check the required eligibility criteria for the particular examination. Eligibility criteria for NTA UGC NET 2020 exams are as follows-
- The upper age limit for Junior Research Fellow is 30 years as on 31st January 2020.
- There is no age limit for Assistant Professor.
- There is a relaxation of 5 years on the upper age limit for OBC-NCL, SC, ST, women, and PwD
Educational qualification criteria-
- Candidates must have a Master’s degree or equivalent with at least 55% (50% for OBC/ SC/ST/ PWD and candidates belonging to Non-creamy layer) marks without rounding off from UGC recognized University.
- Final year appearing candidates or whose final result is still awaited are eligible for NET 2020.
How to apply for UGC NET June 2020 Application Form
The application form has been released on 16th March 2020. Candidates can fill the application form through the official website of NTA before the last date i.e.
16th June 2020 30th June 2020.
Candidates can follow the given procedure to fill the online registration form-
- Visit the official website of NTA (mentioned above)
- Register by providing relevant details.’
- Fill all required information like personal details and qualification etc.
- Upload the scanned copy of your photograph and signature.
- Make a payment of application fees.
- Submit the registration form.
- Take the printout of the confirmation page and application form for future reference.
Candidates are not required to send the printed copy of the application fee to the NTA office. Candidates must fill all the details carefully in the application form.
UGC NET June 2020: Apply now
Check the category-wise application fee applicable to the candidates given below-
|Category of the candidate’s||Application fee|
|OBC- Non-Creamy Layer (NCL)||Rs.500/-|
- Candidates can make the payment of application fee through the online mode.
- The application fee is non-transferable and non-refundable. Once paid it will not be returned to the candidates under any circumstance.
- In case if there would be any changes in the NET 2020 exam, the same will be updated here.
NTA UGC NET 2020 Exam Pattern
The New exam pattern for NTA UGC NET examination is as follows-
- The exam will be conducted in online mode i.e. Computer Based Test.
- The exam paper will consist of two papers in two sessions.
- First Session (Paper-1)
Timing- 9:30 am to 10:30 am
Duration- 1 hour
Total number of questions- 50
Total marks- 100 marks (2 marks each)
Questions type- Objective type questions
- Second Session (Paper-2)
Timing- 11:00am to 1:00 am
Duration- 2 hour
Total number of questions- 100
Total marks- 200 marks
Questions type- Objective type questions
- The medium of the exam will be either Hindi or English depending on the candidate’s choice.
- There is no provision for negative marking.
UGC NET 2020 Syllabus
NTA UGC NET 2020 exam consists of two papers. The questions asked in paper-1 are designed to test the aptitude, general awareness, reason power and comprehension and intelligence of the candidates. So, candidates have to prepare according to that. The second paper will be based on the core subject of the candidate.
NTA UGC NET Admit Card 2020
NTA will issue the UGC NET Admit Card to the registered candidates through the official website. Candidates can download the admit cards from
15th May 2020. Admit card will not be delivered personally to candidates through post or any other medium. All the candidates are required to carry their admit cards to the examination hall on the day of the exam as no candidate will be allowed to write the exam without a valid admit card.
UGC NET 2020 Answer Keys
Once the exam is over NTA will publish the answer key to all sets of the NET questions. Answers keys will be released a few days after the conduction of the exam. Candidates can also challenge the answer key if they are not satisfied.
NTA UGC NET Result 2020
UGC NET 2020 Result date will be released soon. The result will be made available on the official website NTA on the scheduled date.
Candidates are advised to stay in touch with the official website of NTA and our page to get the regular news and updates about the UGC NET Exam. If they have any issues regarding this article, they can mention the same in the comment box below.