NTA UGC NET 2021 @ugcnet.nta.nic.in: UGC NET (National Eligibility Test) is one of the important and toughest national level exams conducted for fellowship and lectureship in India. The application form for NTA UGC NET 2020 is available on the official NTA portal. Interested candidates can submit their applications from 2nd Feb 2021 whose window will remain open till
2nd March 2021 extended to 9th March 2021.
Update: NTA has extended the last to submit the application for UGC NET Dec Cycle. Scroll down to know more.
UGC NET exam is conducted to assess and determine the eligibility of Indian nationals for the Eligibility for Assistant Professor only or Junior Research Fellowship & Eligibility for Assistant Professor both in Indian Universities and Colleges.
- 1 UGC NET 2021
UGC NET 2021 Application Form
- 2.1 NTA UGC NET Application Dates 2021
- 2.2 UGC NET Application Date Extension Notice
- 2.3 UGC NET Application Eligibility 2021
- 2.4 How to apply for UGC NET Dec 2021 Application Form?
- 2.5 NTA UGC NET 2021 Exam Pattern
- 2.6 UGC NET 2021 Syllabus
- 2.7 NTA UGC NET Admit Card 2021
- 2.8 UGC NET 2021 Answer Keys
- 2.9 NTA UGC NET Result 2021
- 3 UGC NET 2021 Important Links
UGC NET 2021
In this article, NET aspirants are going to get all the crucial information regarding UGC NET 2021 application such as application process, fee details, eligibility, exam pattern, application link, syllabus, etc. They can also apply directly from the application link shared in this article.
UGC NET 2021 Application Form
Here in this article, candidates will get all the important details about NTA UGC NET 2020-21 application form, exam dates, eligibility, important changes, syllabus, pattern, admit card, etc.
|Examination||UGC NET 2020–21|
|Exam type||National level entrance exam for lectureship and fellowship|
|Conducting Authority||National Testing Agency|
|Post||Assistant Professor or Junior Research Fellowship|
|Offered||Twice in a year|
|Exam date||2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 10, 11, 12, 14 and|
17th May 2021
|Mode of examination||Online|
|NTA official website||www.nta.ac.in|
NTA UGC NET Application Dates 2021
|Availability of online application form||2nd Feb 2021|
|Last date for registration|
9th March 2021
|Last date to submit application fee|
10th Feb 2021
|Correction in application form|
12th to 16th March 2021
|Date of issue of admit card||Yet to Announced|
|Date of examination||2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 10, 11, 12, 14 and|
17th May 2021
|Announcement of result||TBA|
UGC NET Application Date Extension Notice
UGC NET Application Eligibility 2021
Before filling out an application form applicants need to check the required eligibility criteria for the particular examination. Eligibility criteria for NTA UGC NET 2021exams are as follows-
- The upper age limit for Junior Research Fellow is 31 years as of 1st March 2021.
- There is no age limit for Assistant Professor.
- There is a relaxation of 5 years on the upper age limit for OBC-NCL, SC, ST, women, and PwD
Educational qualification criteria-
- Candidates must have a Master’s degree or equivalent with at least 55% (50% for OBC/ SC/ST/ PWD and candidates belonging to Non-creamy layer) marks without rounding off from UGC recognized University.
- Final year appearing candidates or whose final result is still awaited are eligible for NET 2021.
How to apply for UGC NET Dec 2021 Application Form?
The application form has been released on 2nd Feb 2021. Candidates can fill the application form through the official website of NTA before the last date which is 9th March 2021.
Candidates can follow the given procedure to fill the online registration form-
- Visit the official website of NTA (mentioned above)
- Register by providing relevant details.’
- Fill all required information like personal details and qualification etc.
- Upload the scanned copy of your photograph and signature.
- Make a payment of application fees.
- Submit the registration form.
- Take the printout of the confirmation page and application form for future reference.
Candidates are not required to send the printed copy of the application fee to the NTA office. Candidates must fill all the details carefully in the application form.
Passport Size photograph:
- Candidates must upload their recently clicked passport size photograph which must be taken on or after 1st Oct 2020.
- The scanned size of the file should be between 10 to 200 KB
- Singature must be carried on white paper with black or blue pen only.
- The size of the scanned file is 4 to 30 KB
UGC NET 2021 Application Fee
Check the category-wise application fee applicable to the candidates given below-
|Category of the candidate’s||Application fee|
|OBC- Non-Creamy Layer (NCL)||Rs.500/-|
|SC/ST/ PWD/ Third Gender||Rs.250/-|
- Candidates can make the payment of application fee through the online mode.
- The application fee is non-transferable and non-refundable. Once paid it will not be returned to the candidates under any circumstance.
NTA UGC NET 2021 Exam Pattern
The New exam pattern for NTA UGC NET examination is as follows-
- The exam will be conducted in online mode i.e. Computer Based Test.
- The exam paper will consist of two papers.
- Exam will be conducted in two shifts
- The total duration of both the papers is 3 hours (without any break)
|Paper||Total Question||Total Marks|
Questions type- Objective type questions
- The medium of the exam will be either Hindi or English depending on the candidate’s choice.
- There is no provision for negative marking.
- It is to be noted that there will be no break between the two papers.
UGC NET 2021 Syllabus
NTA UGC NET 2021 exam consists of two papers. The questions asked in paper-1 are designed to test the aptitude, general awareness, reason power and comprehension and intelligence of the candidates. So, candidates have to prepare according to that. Whereas, the second paper will be based on the core subject of the candidate as opted by them during the form submission.
NTA UGC NET Admit Card 2021
NTA will issue the UGC NET Admit Card to the registered candidates through the official website. Candidates can download the admit cards as per the schedule. Admit card will not be delivered personally to candidates through post or any other medium. All the candidates are required to carry their admit cards to the examination hall on the day of the exam as no candidate will be allowed to write the exam without a valid admit card.
UGC NET 2021 Answer Keys
Once the exam is over NTA will publish the answer key to all sets of the NET questions. Answers keys will be released a few days after the conduction of the exam. Candidates can also challenge the answer key if they are not satisfied.
NTA UGC NET Result 2021
UGC NET 2021 Result date is not announced yet by the officials. The result will be made available on the official website NTA on the scheduled date.
Candidates are advised to stay in touch with the official website of NTA and our page to get regular news and updates about the UGC NET Exam. If they have any issues regarding this article, they can mention the same in the comment box below.
UGC NET 2021 Important Links
|Application Form Link||Available|
|UGC NET 2021 information bulletin||Check here|
|UGC NET Admit Card||Check here|
|UGC Net result||Check here|
Applicant can submit their online application till 9th March 2021.
If any applicants want to make any correction in their submitted application form then its window will be available from 12th to 16th March 2021.
The duration of UGC NET 2021 examination is 3 hours.
As per the information bulletin released by the officials, the UGC NET Dec 2020 cycle will be conducted on various dates in the month of May 2021 which are given as:
2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 10, 11, 12, 14 and 17 May 2021