TISSNET 2023 application form will be available for the candidates from 14th December 2022 which can be submitted online. Students who have completed their bachelor’s from any recognized university and fulfil the eligibility criteria can fill out this form. Candidates can apply for a maximum of three programs in any two campuses of TISS. Tata Institute of Social Sciences (TISS) conducts a national level entrance exam TISSNET for admission of candidates into various PG programs like MA, M. Sc., M.P.H, M.H.A., etc in its campuses established at Mumbai, Hyderabad, Tuljapur, and Guwahati.
Update: the last date to submit the online application is extended to 30th Jan 2023.
TISSNET 2023 Entrance Exam
In this article, candidates will find information related to TISSNET 2023 like Application form, exam dates, eligibility, registration procedure, syllabus, pattern, Admit card, exam pattern, Test cities, admit card, result, etc.
TISSNET 2023- A Brief detail
|Article Category||Application details|
|Exam type||National level|
|Conducting Authority||Tata Institute of Social Sciences|
|Course offered||PG Programs|
|Date of Examination||25th Feb|
|Offered||Once a year|
|Mode of examination||Online (CBT)|
|Visit||TISSNET Official Portal|
TISSNET 2023- Schedule/ Important Exam Dates
The complete schedule for TISSNET 2023 is given below in the table-
|Online application starts||14th December 2022|
|Last date for online application||30th January 2023|
|Date of availability of admit card||16th Feb|
|Online pre-admission orientation Programme for |
OBC/SC/ST/minority & PWD Students will be held at Tuljapur/Mumbai/Hyderabad & Guwahati campus.
|Date of Examination||25th Feb 2023|
|Declaration of result|
TISSNET 2023 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates must ensure that they fulfil the eligibility criteria before filling the registration form. Candidates found ineligible at any stage of selection will be rejected.
The general eligibility criterion for TISSNET 2023 is given below-
- Candidates must have a 3 year bachelor’s degree or an equivalent in any discipline from a recognized university.
- Only those final year candidates are also eligible who have passed in 1st to the 4th semester of a 3 years program and 1st to the 6th semester of a 4 years degree program.
- Only those final year appearing candidates are eligible who will complete their final year requirements by June 13, 2023.
- In case, if a final-year candidate is not able to pass the final year then his/her candidature and admission will be automatically cancelled.
- Applicants who are eligible but not able to submit their degree or certificate at the time of admission can submit the same till 31s August 2023.
- For complete information about programs-wise and campus-wise eligibility criteria, candidates must visit the official
TISSNET Entrance Exam- Admission Procedure
The selection process of TISSNET 2023 involves the following process-
- Written Test/National Entrance Test (NET)
TISSNET is the first step in the selection procedure. Candidates will be judged on the basis of their aptitude, logical reasoning skills, quantitative skills, verbal ability, general awareness etc.
- Pre-Interview Test (PIT)/ GD
Candidates shortlisted from NET will be called for Pre-Interview Test.
- Personal Interview (PI)
Candidates who will qualify the second round of PIT will be called for Personal Interview.
Each round has a specific weightage and on the basis of these three selection rounds, final merit list will be prepared.
TISSNET 2023- Weightage
Final merit list will be prepared on the following weightage system-
- NET- 40%
- PIT- 30%
- PI- 30%
TISSNET 2023- Application Form /Registration Form
- TISSNET application forms are available on the official website. As no offline application forms are available candidates are required to fill out the application form at admissions.tiss.edu.
- Candidates can apply for a maximum of 3 programs.
- Candidates must fill in all the details carefully in the registration form.
- Candidate must upload a recent passport-sized photograph, signature, copy of Challan (if paid through challan), caste, and other certificates (if applicable).
- Candidates, who are from remote areas and do have internet access can write to TISS, Mumbai campus, and ask for a printed application form. They must submit the application form before the last date.
- Applicant recent photograph
- Matric and Intermediate certificate/marksheet
- Bachelor certificate and marksheet
- TISS challan copy (If paid cash)
- Caste certificate (if any)
- Family income certificate (if required)
TISSNET 2023 Application Fee
|Mode of Payment|
|No. of programs applied for||Credit/Debit card/ Net Banking||Cash (SBI Challan)|
|Gen||SC/ST/OBC (NC)||Gen||SC/ST/OBC (NC)|
|1 program||Rs.1030||Rs.260||Rs.1000+Bank charges||Rs.250+Bank charges|
|2 programs||Rs.2060||Rs.520||Rs.2000+Bank charges||Rs.500+Bank charges|
|3 programs||Rs.3090||Rs.780||Rs.3000+Bank charges||Rs.750+Bank charges|
- Applicants can make the payment of application fee through Debit card/Credit card, DD, Net Banking or through SBI Bank Challan.
- The application fee is non-transferable and non-refundable.
TISSNET 2023- Exam Pattern
The Exam Pattern for TISSNET is as follows-
- TISSNET 2023 is an online (Computer-Based Test) exam.
- The duration of the exam will be 1 hour 40 minutes.
- The questions paper will consist of objective type questions.
- Total 100 questions will be asked.
- Total marks will be 100.
- 1 mark for each correct answer.
- There will not be a sectional cutoff.
- There is no provision for negative marking.
|Sections||No. of questions|
TISSNET 2023- Syllabus
TISSNET syllabus consists of questions from the following areas-
Logical Reasoning (LR) Topics-
Number Series, Cubes, Alphabet Series, Logical Connectivity, Statement Conclusion/Assumption/ Arguments, Linear/Circular/Family Arrangement, Venn Diagram, Puzzles, Eye for detail etc.
Verbal Ability (VA)-
Antonyms, Odd word out, Sentence Correction, Fill in the Blanks – Homophones, Right usage of words in Fill in the blanks, Analogies, Idioms – Match the following etc.
Reading Comprehensions (RC)-
Assumption and Supporting Statement, Flaw and Discrepancy, Purpose of the passage, Author’s Point of View, Inference and Conclusion Drawn, Strengthen and Weaken, etc.
Profit and Loss, Percentages, Averages, Ratio and Proportion, and Basic Geometry.
Data Interpretation (DI) Topics-
Tables, Bar Graph, Pie Chart, Double pie chart, Line graphs, Case lets, multiple graphs & Data comparison.
General Awareness (GA)-
Economy/ Policy, International politics/ current events, Gender/Health/Education, Media/ICTs/Literature/Art/Culture, Environment & ecology, Sports, Politics/History/Governance/Law, Labour, etc.
TISSNET 2023- Test Cities-
TISSNET is expected to be conducted in the following states of India-
- Northern Region
Chandigarh, Dehradun, New Delhi, Faridabad, Noida, Ghaziabad, Mohali, Jaipur, Lucknow, Greater Noida, Varanasi.
- Western Region
Ahmedabad, Aurangabad, Indore, Mumbai, Nagpur, Pune, Solapur, Navi-Mumbai, Thane, Bhopal, Gwalior.
- Eastern Region
Bhubaneshwar, Dimapur, Guwahati, Jamshedpur, Patna, Raipur, Ranchi, Silchar, Kolkata.
- Southern Region
Bengaluru, Chennai, Hyderabad, Kochi, Madurai, Thiruvananthapuram, Visakhapatnam Kozhikode.
TISSNET 2023 Admit card
- TISSNET- 2023 Admit cards will be issued only to the registered candidates.
- Candidates can download the admit card from the official website of TISS.
- All the candidates are required to carry valid admit cards to the examination centres on the day of the test.
- Candidates without admit cards will not be allowed to enter the exam hall and will be debarred from the exam.
Here are the contact details-
Tata Institute of Social Sciences
V.N. Purav Marg
Phone No- 022-25525252
E-mail – firstname.lastname@example.org