SSC CHSL 2020 Registration Online Form: Staff Selection Commission (SSC) has released the official notification for CHSL 2020. Candidates aspiring to join various departments of Govt. of India through CHSL can submit their applications. SSC CHSL 2020 Registration process will be done through online mode only. Applicants have to submit applications through SSC website within the stipulated dates.
Update: Commission in his new notice mentioned that applicants do fill their application much before the due date to avoid any kind of inconvenience at the last moment.
SSC conducted Combined High School Level (CHSL) competitive exam every year for the recruitment of eligible candidates for the posts of Lower Divisional Clerk (LDC)/ Junior Secretariat Assistant (JSA), Postal Assistant (PA)/ Sorting Assistant(SA), and Data Entry Operators (DEO) in various Offices, Departments, Ministries of the Government of India. Selection of candidates will be done on the basis of Tier I exam, Tier and Document Verification rounds.
Candidates can go through the given article and collect necessary information related to CHSL application process, eligibility criteria, selection process, schedule, and other details.
- 1 SSC CHSL 2020 Recruitment
SSC CHSL 2020 Recruitment
|Examination||SSC CHSL 2020|
|Examining Authority||Staff Selection Commission (SSC)|
|Exam Type||National level recruitment exam|
|Post||LDC/ Junior Secretariat Assistant (JSA), Postal Assistant (PA)/ Sorting Assistant (SA)and Data Entry Operators (DEO)|
|No of vacancies||Notified soon|
|Mode of Application||Online|
|Basis for selection||CBT, Descriptive Test, Skill Test and Document Verification|
|Job location||Anywhere in India|
SSC CHSL 2020- Important Dates
|Date of release of notification||6th November, 2020|
|Date of commencement of online application process||6th November, 2020|
|Last date of online application||15th December 2020|
|Last date to submit application fee online||17th Dec 2020|
|Last date to generate offline challan||19th Dec 2020|
|Last date to submit application fee through challan||21st Dec 2020|
|Date of issue of admit card||April, 2021|
|Conduct of Tier I exam||12th April to 27th April 2021|
|Declaration of Result||Notified Soon|
|Conduct of Tier II exam||Notified Soon|
SSC CHSL 2020- Eligibility Criteria
Before filling the application form, applicants must check the eligibility requirements and proceed further only if they satisfy all the conditions. Eligibility criteria for CHSL is given below-
- Applicant must be a citizen of India
- Citizens of Nepal and Bhutan are also eligible.
- For LDC, JSA, PA/ SA, DEO (except DEOs in C&AG- Applicants must have completed 10+2 or equivalent from a recognised board.
- For DEO in office of CAG- 10+2 with Science Stream (Mathematics) from a recognised Board.
- Applicants minimum age should be 18 years and maximum age should be 27 years as of 1 Jan 2021.
- Relaxation in upper age limit of candidates is also permissible for various categories of candidates. The age relaxation details some of the major categories are given below-
|Category||Permissible age relaxation|
|PWD (UR)||10 years|
|PWD (OBC)||13 years|
|PWD (SC/ST)||15 years|
|Ex. SM||3 years after deduction of military services rendered|
To get complete information on eligibility requirements, candidates should go through the official notification.
SSC CHSL 2020 Application Process
- The official recruitment notice and application form for SSC CHSL 2020 was available on the commission website.
- Eligible candidates can submit applications only in online mode.
- Candidates must submit applications well on time and should not wait for the last date as several issues may arise at the last moment.
- After the last date, application link will be removed and no submission of application would be possible.
- Candidates before applying must go through the official notification and read all the instructions carefully.
- They must fill in all the credentials and information in the application form with utmost care.
How to apply for SSC CHSL 2020?
Applicants can follow the simple instructions given below to submit the online application-
- Step 1- Visit the official portal of SSC first.
- Step 2- Click on CHSL 2020 Application link given under the “Latest News” section on the homepage.
- Step 3- Click on the “Register Now” tab.
- Step 4- Provide the required information and complete the registration process.
- Step 5- On successful registration, candidates will receive a registration no. and password which they have to retain through the selection process for further logins.
- Step 6- Now, with the help of login details, proceed further to application form,
- Step 7- Fill in personal details, qualification details, and upload the required documents in requisite format.
- Step 8- Cross-check the filled in details before final submission and make necessary changes/ corrections if required.
- Step 9- Make payment of the application fee (as applicable).
- Step 10- Lastly, take the printout of the filled application form and payment receipt for further references.
Click on the given link to apply for SSC CHSL 2020- Click Here.
- Applicants have to pay an application fee of Rs.100/-
- However, women candidates and candidates belonging to Scheduled Castes (SC), Scheduled Tribes (ST), Ex-servicemen (ESM) and PwD categories are exempted from payment of fee.
- Application Fee can be paid online by using Maestro, Mastercard, Visa, RuPay Credit or Debit cards, through BHIM UPI, Net Banking and offline by generating SBI Challan.
SSC CHSL 2020 10+2 Selection Procedure
Selection of candidates for CHSL will be done on the basis of-
- Tier I- Computer Based Examination– The first stage of this recruitment process is a computer-based test.
The scheme of Tier I CBT is given as under-
- Mode of exam- Online
- Type of paper- Objective type
- Total questions- 100
- Maximum marks- 200
- Medium of exam- Hindi, and English
- Duration of exam- 60 minutes
- Negative marking- Yes (0.50 for each wrong attempt)
|Part||Subject||No. of Questions||Marks|
|I||English Language (Basic Knowledge)||25||50|
|III||Quantitative Aptitude (Basic Arithmetic Skill)||25||50|
- Tier II (Descriptive Test)- Candidates who will qualify the exam will become eligible for participating in Tier-II exam. It will be a descriptive test that will be conducted in pen and paper mode. It will be included for preparing the merit list. Candidates will be required to secure minimum qualifying marks i.e. 33% in Tier-II.
- Tier III (Skill Test)-Those who will qualify Tier II exam will be shortlisted for Tier III (Skill Test) on the basis of merit. Skill Test will be conducted as per the job profile of each posts. It will be qualifying in nature.
- Tier IV (Document Verification)- Candidates qualifying Skill Test will be called for Verification of documents at the allotted center. Final selection will be done on the basis of document verification and completion of all the selection formalities.
SSC CHSL (10+2) Admit Card/ Hall Ticket 2020
Candidates will be issued admit cards for each examination. Admit cards will be issued at least one week before the date of exam. All the candidates are required to print the admit card and carry it to the examination center on the day of exam. It can be downloaded only from the official SSC portal.
- SSC CHSL application forms for 2020 is available now and will be available till 15th Dec 2020.
- Application process will be completely online. No offline applications shall be accepted.
- Candidates are not required to submit or send the printed copy of the application form to SSC office.
- Late and incomplete applications shall be rejected.
- It is suggested to all the aspiring candidates to stay in touch with SSC portal as well as this page for updates related to SSC CHSL 2020 registration process.
For support and assistance related to SSC CHSL 2020 application and recruitment process, Candidates can contact at-
Department of Personnel and Training,
Staff Selection Commission,
Block No. 12, CGO Complex,
New Delhi – 110003