SSC CHSL 2022 Registration Online Form: Finally, the Staff Selection Commission (SSC) release the official notification for CHSL 2022 on 6 December 2022 to fill 4500 vacancies. Candidates aspiring to join various departments of Govt. of India through CHSL can submit their applications online from 6th December onwards which will remain available till 4 January 2023. SSC CHSL 2022 Registration process will be done online. Applicants have to submit applications SSC website within the stipulated dates.
SSC conducted Combined High School Level (CHSL) competitive exam every year for the recruitment of eligible candidates for the posts of Lower Divisional Clerk (LDC)/ Junior Secretariat Assistant (JSA), Postal Assistant (PA)/ Sorting Assistant(SA), and Data Entry Operators (DEO) in various Offices, Departments, Ministries of the Government of India. Selection of candidates will be done on the basis of Tier I exam, Tier and Document Verification rounds.
Candidates can go through the given article and collect necessary information related to CHSL application process, eligibility criteria, selection process, schedule, and other details.
Update: CHSL 2023 Application Correction window will be live from 9th Jan 2023
SSC CHSL 2022-23 Recruitment Notification PDF
|Examination||SSC CHSL 2022|
|Examining Authority||Staff Selection Commission (SSC)|
|Exam Type||National Level Recruitment exam|
|Post||LDC/ Junior Secretariat Assistant (JSA), Postal Assistant (PA)/ Sorting Assistant (SA), and Data Entry Operators (DEO)|
|No of vacancies||4500|
|Mode of Application||Online|
|Basis for selection||CBT, Descriptive Test, Skill Test and Document Verification|
|Job location||Anywhere in India|
SSC CHSL 2022-23- Important Dates
|Date of release of notification||6 December 2022|
|Date of commencement of online application process||6 December 2022|
|Last date of online application||4 January 2023|
|Last date to submit application fee online||5 January 2023|
|Last date to generate offline challan||4 January 2023|
|Last date to submit application fee through challan||6 January 2023|
|Application correction window||9 to 10 January 2023|
|Date of issue of admit card|
|Conduct of Tier I exam||Feb/March 2023|
|Declaration of Result|
|Conduct of Tier II exam|
SSC CHSL 2023- Eligibility Criteria
Before filling out the application form, applicants must check the eligibility requirements and proceed further only if they satisfy all the conditions. Eligibility criteria for CHSL are given below-
- Applicant must be a citizen of India
- Citizens of Nepal and Bhutan are also eligible.
- For LDC, JSA, PA/ SA, DEO (except DEOs in C&AG- Applicants must have completed 10+2 or equivalent from a recognised board.
- For DEO in office of CAG- 10+2 with Science Stream (Mathematics) from a recognised Board.
- Applicants minimum age should be 18 years and the maximum age should be 27 years as of 1 Jan 2022.
- Relaxation in upper age limit of candidates is also permissible for various categories of candidates. The age relaxation details some of the major categories are given below-
|Category||Permissible age relaxation|
|PWD (UR)||10 years|
|PWD (OBC)||13 years|
|PWD (SC/ST)||15 years|
|Ex. SM||3 years after deduction of military services rendered|
To get complete information on eligibility requirements, candidates should go through the official notification.
SSC CHSL 2022-23 Application Process
- The official recruitment notice and application form for SSC CHSL 2022 was available on the commission website.
- Eligible candidates can submit applications only in online mode.
- Candidates must submit applications well on time and should not wait for the last date as several issues may arise at the last moment.
- After the last date, application link will be deactivated and no application will be accepted.
- Candidates before applying must go through the official notification and read all the instructions carefully.
- They must fill in all the credentials and information in the application form with utmost care.
How to apply for SSC CHSL 2022-23?
Applicants can follow the simple instructions given below to submit the online application-
- Step 1- Visit the official portal of SSC first.
- Step 2- Click on CHSL 2022-23 Application link given under the “Latest News” section on the homepage.
- Step 3- Click on the “Register Now” tab.
- Step 4- Provide the required information and complete the registration process.
- Step 5- On successful registration, candidates will receive a registration no. and password which they have to retain through the selection process for further logins.
- Step 6- Now, with the help of login details, proceed further to application form,
- Step 7- Fill in personal details, qualification details, and upload the required documents in the requisite format.
- Step 8- Cross-check the filled in details before final submission and make necessary changes/ corrections if required.
- Step 9- Make a payment of the application fee (as applicable).
- Step 10- Lastly, take the printout of the filled application form and payment receipt for further reference.
SS CHSL 2022-23 Application Fee
- Applicants have to pay an application fee of Rs.100/-
- However, women candidates and candidates belonging to Scheduled Castes (SC), Scheduled Tribes (ST), Ex-servicemen (ESM) and PwD categories are exempted from payment of fee.
- Application Fee can be paid online by using Maestro, Mastercard, Visa, RuPay Credit or Debit cards, through BHIM UPI, Net Banking and offline by generating SBI Challan.
SSC CHSL 2023 10+2 Selection Procedure
Selection of candidates for CHSL will be done on the basis of-
- Tier I- Computer Based Examination– The first stage of this recruitment process is a computer-based test.
The scheme of Tier I CBT is given as under-
- Mode of exam- Online
- Type of paper- Objective type
- Total questions- 100
- Maximum marks- 200
- Medium of exam- Hindi, and English
- Duration of exam- 60 minutes
- Negative marking- Yes (0.50 for each wrong attempt)
|Part||Subject||No. of Questions||Marks|
|I||English Language (Basic Knowledge)||25||50|
|III||Quantitative Aptitude (Basic Arithmetic Skill)||25||50|
- Tier II (Descriptive Test)- Candidates who will qualify the exam will become eligible for participating in Tier-II exam. It will be a descriptive test that will be conducted in pen and paper mode. It will be included for preparing the merit list. Candidates will be required to secure minimum qualifying marks i.e. 33% in Tier-II.
- Tier III (Skill Test)-Those who will qualify Tier II exam will be shortlisted for Tier III (Skill Test) on the basis of merit. Skill Test will be conducted as per the job profile of each posts. It will be qualifying in nature.
- Tier IV (Document Verification)- Candidates qualifying Skill Test will be called for Verification of documents at the allotted centre. Final selection will be done on the basis of document verification and completion of all the selection formalities.
SSC CHSL (10+2) Admit Card/ Hall Ticket 2023
Candidates will be issued admit cards for each examination. Admit cards will be issued at least one week before the date of exam. All the candidates are required to print the admit card and carry it to the examination centre on the day of exam. It can be downloaded only from the official SSC portal.
SSC CHSL 2022-23 Recruitment; Key Links
For support and assistance related to SSC CHSL 2023 application and recruitment process, Candidates can contact at-
Department of Personnel and Training,
Staff Selection Commission,
Block No. 12, CGO Complex,
New Delhi – 110003