NIMCET 2020 Application Form: All those students who have been trying to fill the application form for NIMCET 2020 have over now. National Institute of Technology, Raipur has now re-opened the NIT MCA Common Entrance Test (NIMCET) for 2020. NIMCET or National Institute of Technology Master of Computer Applications Common Entrance Test is an entrance exam that is conducted for those who want to get admission in MCA.
- NIMCET 2020 Application Form
- NIMCET Admission Application 2020
- NIMCET Application Form 2020
- Procedure for Admission NIMCET-2020
Update: Due to the prevailing situation of COVID-19 the authority has postponed its NIMCET 2020 examination till further notice.
Earlier, the authorities announced 7th April as the last date to fill and submit the application form to participate in the exam but due to lockdown, the process of inviting the application form has to be shut down. Now the authorities have revised the date and online application submission has been started from 2nd June 2020.
NIMCET 2020 Application Form
NIMCET is an entrance exam conducted by any of the participants of the exam. Anyone reputed NIT participants conducts the exam once in a year. Many MCA aspirants take this examination and based on their rank in the exam they get a seat in the various NITs. A total of 11 NITs participate in this exam to fill 805 seats they have for MCA students. The average of participants is about 25,000 per month. With the given figured you can understand the competition level of the exam.
As the application has been reopened today on June 2, 2020, so here we have compiled the complete process to fill and submit the NIMCER 2020 application form, Syllabus, and pattern of the exam along with important dates associated with the examination. Scroll down to know more about NIMVET 2020.
NIMCET 2020: Quick Details
|Article Category||Entrance Exam|
|Exam Name||National Institute of Technology Master of Computer Applications Common Entrance Test (NIMCET)|
|Exam Conducted By||National Institute of Technology, Raipur|
|Exam Mode||Offline (Pen & Paper Mode)|
|Exam Duration||2 hours|
|Nature of Questions||MCQs|
|Number of Seats||805|
|Mode to apply for the exam||Online|
|NIMCET Helpline||0824-2473252 | email@example.com|
Note: The online application window for NIMCET 2020 has been closed those who had submitted their form can download its PDF copy by logging in here
Check >>> New National Education Policy
NIMCET Admission Application 2020
National Institute of Technology Master of Computer Applications Common Entrance Test is a well-known entrance test for admission in MCA. The students who want to get admission in MCA courses offered by NITs can fill the application form released by one of the NITs and take the examination. A total of 11 National Institutes participate in this exam. Every year one of the NIT out of these 11 institutes conducts the examination. This year the exam will be conducted by the National Institute of Technology, Raipur.
The exam conducting body releases the application form to apply for the NIMCET online and interested applicants are to submit it before the last date. Earlier the last date to submit the application form was in April but due to lockdown, the NIT Raipur cancel the application submission process at that time. Now the NIMCET 2020 application form has been reopened from June 2, 2020. Here have a look at the important dates associated with NIMCET 2020;
Admission Through NIMCET-2020
Candidates who will fill the application form and the application fee on or before the last date will be eligible to take the examination. The authorities will release the result of the examination online. The candidates who will obtain marks in NIMCET 2020 will get a rank in the merit list. The detailed information on qualifying the exam is given after this section. Those applicants who will score as per the pre-decided criteria will be eligible to get admission in the colleges who have participated in the examination. After releasing the result and the rank of the applicants the counseling will start. In the counseling, the students will get a seat in the colleges participated in the entrance examination.
Qualifying Criteria for Allotment of Rank
Here have a look at the details of qualifying criteria to get a rank in the NIMCET exam 2020;
- The entrance exam has the procedure of negative marking so those students who will score zero or negative marks in the mathematics or NIMCET exam will be considered as non-eligible and disqualified to get admission through this entrance exam.
- Applicants will get a rank in the rank list released by NIMCET online. the rank will depend on the applicants’ marks that they have scored in the examination. Applicants will get rank in the officially released rank list based on below-given criteria;
- The marks obtained in Mathematics, Analytical Ability & Logical Reasoning, Computer Awareness, English, will be multiplied by a factor of 3, 1.5, 2, and 1 respectively. So the maximum marks in the exam will be 1000.
- The candidates will score more marks the higher rank he will get in the list as the ranking will be based on total marks obtained by a candidate.
- In the case of a tie, the marks scored by the candidates in Mathematics will be the tiebreaker. If the marks scored in mathematics will be the same then marks in Analytical Ability & Logical reasoning will be considered as tie-breaker. If two or more candidates score the same marks in both subjects then the marks in Computer Awareness will be used to finalize the rank of the applicants.
- If it still is not resolved by the criteria as mentioned above, then it will be resolved by the age of the applicant and the decision will go in favor of older candidates.
NIMCET Application Form 2020
National Institute of Technology (NIT Raipur) has reopened the submission of the application form. Interested students can fill the application form from June 2, 2020, to June 11, 2020. According to the revised dates, the now the NIT MCA Common Entrance Test (NIMCET) will be conducted on August 09, 2020. Read the article further to know about the documents that you need to keep with you while filling the application form of NIMCET 2020.
Required Documents to Fill NIMCET Application Form
As the application process has been started so you need to keep the following documents ready with you. All the documents mentioned below will be required to fill the application form online;
- Passport size photograph of the candidate (jpeg format and 50 kb to 1 MB size)
- A valid Identity proof. (not more than 1 MB)
- All the Mark Sheets and Certificates. (not more than 1 MB)
- Signature of the candidate (in black or blue ink size should be 50 kb to 1 MB)
Process to fill the Application Form
Here we have compiled the steps to fill the application form to participate in NIMCET 2020. Read them and follow them to take the examination;
- First of all, you will have to do registration by visiting the official website of NIMCET.
- Click on the “New Registration” button available on the home page.
- After clicking on the New Registration button a new page will appear on the screen. Here you will have to enter your details.
- Now you will get a link in a mail on your registered mail id. Click on the link and you will be directed to the page to fill the application form. Here you will have to log in with your registered mail id and password.
- Now fill the NIMCET 2020 Application Form with all the asked details.
- Now upload the documents in above mentioned format and size.
- After this, you will have to pay the application fee and submit the document.
- Do not forget to take a printout of your application after its completion.
NIMCET Application Fee
Have a look at the application fee to apply for the entrance exam;
- For UR/OBC candidates – Rs.2500
- For ST/SC candidates – Rs.1250
Applicants can pay the application fee through net banking, debit card, or credit card.
NIMCET 2020 Syllabus
Here have a look at the syllabus of the NIMCET for 2020;
NIMCET Exam Pattern
Here is the detail of the exam pattern of NIMCET 2020.
- For every correct answer, there are 4 marks.
- For every incorrect answer, 1 mark will be deducted.
- No mark will be deducted if any question is left without any answer.
Procedure for Admission NIMCET-2020
- To all those candidates who have applied through NIMCET application form for admission in NITs at Agartala, Allahabad, Bhopal, Calicut, Jamshedpur, Kurukshetra, Raipur, Surathkal, Tiruchirappalli and Warangal are not suppose to apply separately for the admission in these NITs.
- The applicants will get the admission in MCA in the NIT that they have filled as their choice of the institute that they filled online. To get the counseling information it is suggested to the applicants to visit the official website NIMCET on https://www.nimcet.in.
- Candidates can fill the institute of their choice to get admission in MCA once the result of the entrance exam will be released. To fill the choice the applicant will have to log in on the website with their user name and pass the word. The choice for the institute can be locked between June 15, 2020, and June 19, 2020.
- Once the student will lock the choice of NIT then he/she will not be able to change it as the seat allotment will be done based on students’ rank and institute choices locked by him/her.
- Candidates will have to pay Rs. 10,000/- as initial fee through NIMCET-2020 website before going for remote reporting to any of the participating NITs.
NIMCET 2020 Important Links
The article has complete information about NIMCET 2020. In case of any further query, you can write to us in the comment box below.