NIFT 2020 entrance exam will be conducted in the month of January 2020. Online registration forms will be made available through the online mode. National Institute of Fashion Technology (NIFT) is one of the premier colleges of design and fashion in India.
Every year it conducts NIFT entrance exam for the admission of candidates into various undergraduate and postgraduate courses in its 16 campuses across India.
In this article, candidates will get information about NIFT 2020 application form, application procedure, application fee, syllabus, pattern, admit card, exam pattern, Test centers, result etc.
Latest Applications For Various UG & PG Courses Open 2020:
- Pearl Academy: No.1 Fashion School - Admissions Open for 2020.APPLY NOW >
- UPES, Dehradun - Enroll Yourself for the Academic Year 2020APPLY NOW >
- Manipal University Best Private University In India - Application 2020 is Live APPLY NOW >
- Lovely Professional University, Punjab | Admissions Open for All Courses 2019-20.APPLY NOW >
- Chandigarh University, Punjab | Admissions Open for All Courses 2019-20.APPLY NOW >
NIFT 2020 Admission
|Examination||NIFT 2020 Entrance exam|
|Article category||Application details|
|Exam type||National level exam|
|Conducting Authority||National Institute of Fashion Technology (NIFT)|
|Course offered||B.Des, B.F.Tech, M.Des, and MFM|
|Date of examination||January 2020|
|Exam frequency||Once a year|
|Mode of examination||Online (Computer Based Test)|
NIFT 2020- Important Exam Dates/ Schedule
The tentative schedule for NIFT 2020 is given below in the table-
|Events/ Activities||Dates (Tentative)|
|Online registration||2nd week of October 2018|
|Last date to submit the online form||Last week of December 2018|
|The last date to submit the online form with late fee of Rs.5000/-||1st week of January 2020|
|Correction window||Last week of December 2018 to 1st week of January 2020|
|Date of issue of NIFT admit card 2020||10th January 2020|
|Date of written examination||19 January 2020|
|The result of written exam||February/March 2020|
|Situation Test / Group Discussion / Interview||April – May 2020|
|The announcement of the final result||End of May / June 2020|
|Counseling||End of May /June 2020 Onwards|
Final dates will be announced after the release of official notification.
Under NIFT 2020 following courses are offered-
- For Bachelor of Design (B.Des.)- 4 years
- Bachelor of Fashion Technology (B.F.Tech) – 4 Years
- Master of Design (M.Des.) – 2 years
- Master of Fashion Management (M.F.M) – 2 years
- Des (Master of Design)- 2 years
NIFT 2020 Eligibility
Before filling the application form, candidates must ensure that they fulfill the eligibility criteria. The eligibility criterion for NIFT 2020 is given below-
- Bachelor Programs
- Maximum age of candidates as on 1st October 2019 must be 23 years.
- There is a relaxation of 5 years in upper age limit is applicable for SC/ST/PWD candidates
- For Bachelor of Design (B.Des.)-
Candidates who have completed 10+2 from a recognized Board are eligible.
A candidate having General Certificate Education (GCE) Examination (London/Cambridge/Sri-Lanka) at the Advanced (A) level/ International Baccalaureate (IB) is eligible
A candidate having 3-4 Diploma recognized by AICTE or from a State Board of Technical Education.
- For Bachelor of Fashion Technology (B.F.Tech)
Candidates who have completed 10+2 from a recognized Board Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics.is eligible.
A candidate having General Certificate Education (GCE) Examination (London/Cambridge/Sri-Lanka) at the advanced (A) level with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics / International Baccalaureate (IB) is eligible.
A candidate having 3-4 Diploma recognized by AICTE or State Board of Technical Education.
- Master Programs
- No age limit is there for admission into Master courses.
- For Master of Design (M.Des.) and Master of Fashion Management (M.F.M)
Candidates with an undergraduate degree in any discipline from a recognized university
Candidate having an Undergraduate Diploma of minimum three years duration from NIFT / NID is also eligible
- For M.Des (Master of Design)
A candidate who has done B.E / B.Tech from NIFT or any other recognized Institute / University is eligible.
Note- Candidates must have a working knowledge of English and must possess basic computer knowledge.
NIFT 2020- Seat Reservation
|Category||Seat Reservation (%)|
|Person With Disability (PWD)||5% horizontal reservation|
|Foreign Nationals/ SAARC/NRI||15% (supernumerary)|
|State Domicile||20% (supernumerary)|
NIFT 2020- Application Form
- Applicants can fill the NIFT 2020 application form only through the online mode.
- No offline forms will be made available.
- Application forms will be made available from 2nd week of October 2020.
- Candidates have to fill all the authentic details in the application form.
- Candidates must upload all the documents like photograph and signature as per the prescribed format.
- Candidate can make a correction in the application form within the correction window.
- No need to send the printed copy of the filled application form to the Institute.
- Candidates are advised to take a printout of the filled application form along with the proof of payment for future use.
- NIFT 2020 application fee for General/OBC (NCL) candidates is Rs.1500/-.
- NIFT fee for SC/ST and PWD candidates is Rs.750/-.
- Application fee can be paid through credit card/ debit card/ net banking/ and demand draft.
- The application fee is non-refundable.
- A candidate who will pay application through demand draft has to send the duly filled in application form (printout) along with the demand draft to the given address-
All India Management Association Management House,
14, Institutional Area,
Lodhi Road, New Delhi – 110003
NIFT 2020- Exam Pattern
The Exam Pattern for NIFT 2020 is as follows-
- NIFT 2020 will be conducted in an offline mode (Paper-Based Test)
- The duration of the exam will be 2 hours
- Questions will be asked in English.
- Nonnegative marking is there.
- The test will consist of- CAT and GAT
Test Structure for GAT (for B.F.Tech, M.F.Tech, and MFM)
|Section||No. of questions||No. of questions||No. of questions|
|Communication Ability & English Comprehension||45||45||50|
|Analytical & Logical Ability||25||25||25|
|General Knowledge and Current Affairs||25||25||25|
NIFT Syllabus 2020
NIFT 2020 is conducted to test various skills of the candidates. As NIFT consist of CAT and GAT paper, candidates have to prepare accordingly.
CAT (Creative Ability Test) – Under this candidates have to work on their intuitive ability, design ability, the power of observation in concept development, illustration skills, and coloring skills.
GAT paper will include questions from the given topics-
- Quantitative Ability- Addition, Multiplication, Division, Fractions, Percentage, Rate of Interest, Work and Task, Ratio and Proportion, and Distance.
- Communication Ability- synonyms, antonyms, words with corresponding meanings, singular, plural, one-word substitutes, idioms and phrases, correct spellings etc.
- English Comprehension- It includes passage and knowledge of Basic English.
- Analytical Ability
- Logical Ability
- General Knowledge and Current Affairs
- Case Study
NIFT 2020 Examination Cities-
NIFT 2020 exam will be conducted at the following test centers established in the following cities of India-
NIFT 2020- Admit card
- Admit cards will be made available on the official website of NIFT and admission portal.
- Candidates can download NIFT 2020 admit cards from 1st week of January 2020.
- No, admit card will be sent through post to the candidates.
- Every candidate is required to carry their admit cards to the exam center on the day of the exam. Candidates without admit card will be allowed to enter the exam center.
NIFT 2020- Weightage
The final merit list will be prepared on the bases of following weightage-
Bachelor of Design
|Creative Ability Test (CAT)||40%|
|General Ability Test (GAT)||30%|
Master of Design
|Creative Ability Test (CAT)||40%|
|General Ability Test (GAT)||30%|
|Bachelor of Fashion Technology||GAT||100%|
Master of Fashion Technology
Master of Fashion Management
NIFT 2020- Result
NIFT result will be released in the month of February/March 2020. Candidates can download their result through online mode by using their login credentials. After the announcement of the result, a situation test will be conducted for B.Des and GD/PI for management programs. The final result will be released in the month of May/June and after that admissions will be offered to the selected candidates.
In case of any problem related to NIFT 2020, candidates must contact the concerned authority immediately.
Hauz Khas, Near Gulmohar Park,
New Delhi- 110016,
Phone No- 011-6542000