NEET UG 2023 (Ends on 15th April): Since the completion of NEET 2023 Application and correction process the authority has released a new notice dated 10th April notifying that the online application for NEET 2023 will reopen from April 12th and those who missed the opportunity earlier may submit their respective application by 15th April. It means the application window will remain active for 4 days only and after that, it will be closed for all.
The candidates willing to appear for the National Eligibility cum Entrance Test NEET in the year 2023 may now register for the examination. The authority has released the notification and the application for the same commenced on 6th March 2023. NEET UG entrance test for 2023 is to be held on 7th May 2023. The students will not register themselves for the NEET examination the Undergraduate will not be allowed to attempt the exam and thus seek admission in the Medical, Dental and AYUSH Courses at top government and private colleges in the nation.
All the details pertaining to the application form, exam dates, notification, examination fees, and much more has been provided in the ensuing article. Read further to get all the latest updates and important form links for the NEET UG 2023 examination.
About NEET UG 2023
The National Testing Agency NTA conducts the National Eligibility cum Entrance Test NEET on the behalf of the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare. The candidates who seek admission in the Medical, Dental and AYUSH Courses at the government and private institutions in India have to appear for the examination. The test is conducted separately for both Undergraduate and Postgraduate courses. In the case of UG candidates, they have to appear right after their Class 12 Board Examinations.
The medical schools and institutions in India they shall be applying for will be very closely considering the scores in NEET UG Exam and admit them entirely on the basis of their rankings. Thus, it is an important examination. Additionally, in order to be able to be a medical graduate and further practise in India, NEET plays a very important role at various levels.
The examination is conducted once every year and the candidates who have passed Class 12 can appear for the examination. The test is conducted entirely on the basis of the Medical Course syllabus of Classes 11 and 12. The authorities issue a common rank and score card which is considered by the Medical Counselling Committee while allocating seats in the institutions participating and governed.
Eligibility Criteria for NEET UG 2023
In order to be able to appear for the National Eligibility cum Entrance Test, the authorities have announced that only eligible candidates can attempt the examination. Thus, if you are preparing for the NEET exam or preparing for it, make sure that you satisfy the subsequent eligibility criteria as notified by the National Testing Agency:
- The student must be eligible to enrol in a Medical, Dental or AYUSH Course.
- They must have passed or should be studying in Class 12.
- Required subjects in Class 12 are Biology, Physics, and Chemistry.
- The students should have scored at least 50% marks in the examination at the Class 12 level. However, the authorities have provided certain relaxations to the candidates belonging to the reserved categories.
- Applicant must complete or have completed 17 years of age at the time of admission into the allocated institution.
- Students of India who are either Indian Citizens or Overseas citizens of Indian origin will have to appear for NEET UG Exam if they intend to apply for a foreign medical institution.
NEET UG 2023: Highlights
|Name of the Examination||NEET UG 2023|
|Full Form||National Eligibility cum Entrance Test NEET|
|Authority||Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, Government of India|
|Conducting Authority||National Testing Agency NTA|
|Courses||Medical, Dental and AYUSH|
|Purpose||Admission into Medical Institutions in India|
|Frequency||Once a Year|
|Commencement of Application||6th March 2023|
Reopen from 12th April
|Last Date to Apply||6th April 2023|
Reopen last date: 15th April 2023
|NEET Correction Date||8th to 10th April 2023|
|Syllabus||Classes 11 and 12 Medical Syllabus|
|Examination Date||7 May 2023|
NEET-UG 2023 Schedule
For candidates who want to get admitted to the government and private medical institutions in India and primary education abroad, National Eligibility cum Entrance Test NEET is conducted once every year by the National Testing Agency NTA on behalf of the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, Government of India.
The authorities have announced that the examination for the Undergraduate level will be held on 7 May 2023. Aspirants who wish to get admitted to the MBBS, BDS, BAMS, BUMS, BHMS, and much more courses will have to submit their NEET scores at the time of Counselling.
As of now, the Centre has only declared the examination date but not the application and further schedules. Aspirants can start preparing accordingly and keep checking this space for all the latest updates.
Documents Required for NEET Undergraduate Application
The candidates who seek to apply for the undergraduate level examination of the National Eligibility cum Entrance Test need to possess the following documents prior to application:
- A latest coloured passport-sized photograph of the student.
- Scanned signature of the candidate with black pen on white paper.
- Impression of the left thumb of the prospect.
- Class 10 examination pass certificate and mark sheet.
- Certificate of Citizenship or Embassy Certificate, as applicable.
- An identity card that is issued by a competent authority.
- Category Certificate, if applicable.
- If the candidate belongs to the Persons with Disability Category, they must submit relative documents or medical documents of evidence in order to prove so.
How to Apply for NEET UG 2023?
The students who are eligible and are willing to appear for the National Eligibility cum Entrance Test will have to apply through the official portal of the NEET exam, which is associated with the National Testing Agency. They must enter all the important details pertaining to their profile, education, and more. Here is a stepwise guide on how to apply for the NEET-UG exam 2023:
- Open the official portal of the National Eligibility cum Entrance Test for Undergraduate level, NEET UG at neet.nta.nic.in.
- On the main page of the website, check the link for Registration on the portal.
- The Registration Form will subsequently open up on the screen and the candidates who seek to apply will have to enter their details in order to establish themselves as potential applicants and verify their mobile numbers and email id, further creating login credentials.
- Head back to the Home page on the portal of the NEET UG Examination.
- Tap on the login option to open up the sign-in form and enter the credentials obtained upon successful registration.
- Once you have entered your NTA NEET UG credentials, you shall fill out the application form for the examination.
- Enter your details in various sections as available in the examination form.
- Nextly, review all the details after entering them in order to avoid any mistakes.
- Lastly, pay the application fee amount as applicable to your category.
- Finally, submit the application form.
- The applicants are further suggested to take out a print of the submitted application form for the purpose of any requirement in the future.
NEET UG 2023 Application Fee
The authorities announced the application fee amount for different categories for the year 2023 and its details are given as: –
- General Category: Rs. 1700
- Scheduled Castes, Scheduled Tribes, and Persons with Disability: Rs. 1000
- Other Backward Classes/General EWS: Rs. 1600
- Overseas Citizen of India Applying for NEET UG 2023: Rs. 9500
|Official Portal||National Eligibility cum Entrance Test NEET UG|
|Visit||National Testing Agency NTA|
The examination date of the National Eligibility cum Entrance Test of Undergraduate level in 2023 has been announced as 7 May 2023.
Applicants may submit their NEET UG 2023 application from 6th March to 6th April 2023.