NEET MDS 2023: The authorities at the National Board of Examinations have started accepting application forms for the National Eligibility cum Entrance Test NEET for the Masters in Dental Surgery. The candidates who wish to get admitted to the course in government and other prestigious universities in the nation must fill out the form. The applicants will be called in to appear in the online computer-based examination. The authorities will further release the scorecards and ranks of the students in the examination.
On the basis of the result, the candidates shall be processed through counselling and will receive admission to the institutions. The authorities at the NBE have also announced the examination date. Check all the important dates, the online registration process and link, the application guide, and much more for the NEET MDS Exam 2023 in the subsequent article.
NEET MDS 2023 Application
The candidates who are willing to get admitted to the Master in Dental Surgery Course at the top colleges in India need to appear for the NEET MDS course. The government authorities conduct this examination in order to ensure that the students are qualified enough to be able to cope with the education. The National Board of Examination in Medical Sciences conducts this exam on behalf of the authorities. The application portal has been activated and the students are required to fill out the application forms by entering the respective details.
The applications started on 9 January 2023 and the last date to submit the application forms is 30 January 2023. The examination date has been declared as 1 March 2023. On the basis of the result, the candidates will be receiving admission to the college of their preference.
NEET MDS 2023: Highlights
|Name of the Exam||NEET MDS|
|Full Form||National Eligibility cum Entrance Test NEET|
|Authority||National Board of Examination in Medical Sciences NBEMS|
|Minimum Eligibility||Bachelor of Dental Surgery BDS|
|Course||Master of Dental Surgery MDS|
|Examination Purpose||Eligibility for Admission to Medical Colleges in India|
|Language of Examination||English|
NEET PG Dental Exam Eligibility Criteria
The candidates who seek to appear for the examination of NEET MDS will have to be eligible. The authorities have specified an eligibility criterion that has to be met. The potential applicants must satisfy the following conditions of eligibility declared by the authorities at the National Board of Examination in Medical Sciences:
- The candidates must hold a Bachelor of Dental Surgery BDS before applying to the course.
- The educational certificate must have been obtained from a recognized institution that is approved by the University Grants Commission UGC, the Dental Council of India, and other respective authorities.
- The students going under the 12 month compulsory rotatory internship or practical training must complete it before 31st March 2023.
- In the case of foreign nationals, their basic Dental Qualification equivalent to BDS should be recognized by the Dental Council of India.
- Applicants must be eligible to get admitted to the Master of Dental Surgery course as per the guidelines and requirements of the authorities at the colleges.
- Additionally, the candidates need to prove their eligibility for relaxations and reservations, if applicable.
National Eligibility cum Entrance Test MDS 2023 Dates
|1.||Commencement of Application Submission for NEET MDS Examination||9 January 2023|
|2.||Last Date to Submit completely filled-out application forms||30 January 2023|
|3.||Start of Application Correction Window for all application with the status of Successful Payments||2 February 2023|
|4.||Deadline of Application Correction Window for all applications with the status of Successful Payments||5 February 2023|
|5.||Start of Final Application Correction Window for rectification of deficient images||10 February 2023|
|6.||Last Date for the Final Application Correction Window for the rectification of deficient images||13 February 2023|
|7.||Issue of Admit Card||22 February 2023|
|8.||Examination Date||1 March 2023|
|9.||Result Date||31 March 2023|
|10.||The cut-off date for completion of the internship||31 March 2023|
Documents for NEET-PG Dental Surgery Online Form
The candidates must submit the ensuing documents while filling out the application form for the NEET BDS exam:
- Latest and colored Photograph of the Candidate
- Signature of the Candidate in a scanned format
- Thumb impression of the Applicant
More documents such as identity cards, caste certificates, and other prescribed documents that are not required to be uploaded in the application form have to be taken to the examination centre on the day of the exam for the purpose of verification.
How to Apply for NEET MDS 2023?
In order to apply for the National Eligibility cum Entrance Test of the master’s in Dental Surgery, the candidates need to fill out the online application form. However, before doing so, the candidates will have to register themselves on the portal. In case, there is already an account on the website, the aspirants must straightaway log in and fill out the form. The ensuing application process has to be followed:
- Open the official portal of the National Board of Examination in Medical Sciences NBEMS at www.nbe.edu.in.
- On the Home page, tap on the tab NEET-MDS.
- The respective page for the exam will open up on the screen.
- Under section 2023, tap on the Application Link.
- The NEET-MDS 2023 Session page will appear on the screen.
- For the To Register option, tap on the link, Click here.
- The Declaration will inquire to Please confirm if you are an applicant or an agent on behalf of the applicant.
- Tap on the option I am an applicant and press Submit.
- The prompt for Instructions will open up on the screen. Tap on Close.
- Nextly, Privacy Note will appear and tap on the option of Agree.
- In the Registration Form for NEET-MDS 2023 Session, fill out all the details and create respective login credentials.
- Use the same login credentials in order to Login to the site.
- The application form with all its statuses will open up.
- Fill out the application form and keep a check on the details as you mention them in the form.
- Nextly, you must upload the required documents in the sizes and formats required by the authorities.
- As per the rules pertaining to your category, pay the respective application fee amount.
- Finally, Submit the online form so as to apply.
Application Fee for NEET MDS Exam
The authorities at the National Board of Examination in Medical Sciences have announced that the students applying for the National Eligibility cum Entrance Test for the MDS course will have to pay a certain amount as the application fee. The fee payment mode is online and the candidates are required to use online transfer options such as Net Banking, Credit Cards, Debit Cards, or any other. The authorities shall not process the applications if the candidates fail to pay the respective application fee. The following fee amount has to be paid:
|S.No.||Category of the Candidate||Application Fee|
|1.||General or Unreserved UR |
Other Backward Classes OBC
Economically Weaker Section EWS
|2.||Scheduled Caste SC|
Scheduled Tribe ST
Persons With Disabilities PWD
NEET PG Exam Details for Dental Surgery Course
The examination for the National Eligibility cum Entrance Test will be held online mode as a Computer Based Examination. The exam is scheduled on 1 March 2023 and the authorities will issue admit cards for the same will be issued on 22 February 2023. The exam will be held in a single session and will be based on the BDS standard syllabus as prescribed in the DCI Revised BDS Course Regulations, 2007.
Further, the authorities have announced that the examination questions will be of Multiple Choice Questions type MCQs. There will be 240 questions of 4 marks each. There is a provision for negative marking and the authorities will be deducting 25% of marks or 1 mark per question for a wrong answer as a penalty. The examination paper will be set in the English Language.
The examination timings have been declared as the following:
|S.No.||Event on the Day of the Exam||Timing Announced|
|1.||Entrance Commencement in the Examination Center and beginning of Registration for the Test||7:00 AM|
|2.||Closing of Entrance in the Center||8:30 AM|
|3.||Grant of Login Access||8:45 AM|
|4.||Log In of Candidates for Reading Instructions||8:50 AM|
|5.||Start Time of Exam||9:00 AM|
|6.||Deadline of Exam||12:00 PM|
Admission Process based on NEET MDS Result
Once the examination for the National Eligibility cum Entrance Test NEET is conducted for the Master in Dental Surgery course, the candidates will receive their scorecards which will not only display their scores but also their All India Rank. They will have to further register for the counselling which will be conducted by the Medical Counselling Committee for Central institutions and separate counselling that different states will conduct for their institutions.
On the basis of the choices locked in by the students for the colleges, their ranks, and the number of seats available, they shall be admitted to the course.
NEET MDS 2023: Important Links
The deadline or last date to submit the application form for the National Eligibility cum Entrance Test NEET for the Master of Dental Surgery Course has been announced as 30 January 2023.
The examination of NEET MDS 2023 will be conducted in online mode as a Computer Based Examination CBE.
Candidates who are eligible and interested to apply for the National Eligibility cum Entrance Test Exam for MDS Course needs to fill out the online application form on the official portal of the National Board Of Examinations In Medical Sciences at www.nbe.edu.in.
The NEET MDS 2023 exam is scheduled on 1 March 2023.