MICAT 2020 Exam dates will be released soon. Interested candidates can register for the MICAT-2020 online aptitude test as online registration forms will be made available on the official website in a few days.
MICA Admission Test (MICAT) is a University Level Entrance Test conducted by Mudra Institute of Communication (MICA), Ahmedabad for admission into its 2 years Post Graduate Diploma in Management – Communications (PGDM-C).
It is conducted twice a year and the best of two scores are considered for admission. Best of the two scores are taken into consideration for admission. For admission through MICAT candidates must have a valid score of CAT/XAT/GMAT.
Here, candidates will get all the details information related to MICAT 2020 like Application form, exam dates, eligibility, registration procedure, syllabus, pattern, Admit card, exam pattern, Test cities, admit card, result etc.
Table of Contents
- 1 MICAT 2020- A Brief Detail
MICAT 2020- A Brief Detail
|Examination||MIC Aptitude Test 2020|
|Commonly known as||MICAT 2020|
|Article category||Application details|
|Exam type||University level|
|Conducting Authority||MICA, Ahmedabad|
|Date of examination||1st week of December 2019 (MICAT-I) & 2nd week February 2020 (MICAT-II)|
|Exam frequency||2 times a year|
|Mode of examination||Computer-Based Test (Online)|
MICAT 2020- Important Exam Dates/ Schedule
The complete schedule for MICAT 2020 is given below in the table-
|Registration starts from||3rd week of August 2019|
|Last date for registration||3rd week of November 2019|
|Date of issue of admit card||Last week of November 2019|
|Date of examination (MICAT-I)||1st week of December 2019|
|Score||3rd week of December 2019|
|Registration starts from||1st week of January 2020|
|Last date for registration||Last week of January 2020|
|Date of issue of admit card||1st week of February 2020|
|Date of examination (MICAT-II)||2nd week of February 2020|
|Score||3rd week of February 2020|
|GE & PI Shortlist||3rd week of February 2020|
|GE & PI at Delhi and Kolkata||2nd week of March 2020|
|GE & PI at MICA, Ahmedabad||2nd week of March 2020|
|GE & PI at Bangaluru & Mumbai||3rd week of March 2020|
|Final results||Last week of March 2020|
MICAT 2020- Eligibility
Candidates must ensure that they fulfill the eligibility criteria before filling the registration form. The eligibility criterion for MICAT 2020 is given below-
- Candidates must have a bachelor’s degree or an equivalent in any discipline recognized by Association of Indian Universities (AIU).
- Final year appearing candidates are also eligible.
The selection process of MICAT 2020 involves the following process-
It is compulsory for all the candidates to apply through any of the exams- CAT/XAT GMAT. It is a prerequisite for each candidate to have a valid score of CAT (2019)/ XAT (2020)/ GMAT (2017onwards).
The second step is to appear in MICAT. The eligibility of the candidates will be tested on the basis of this aptitude test.
In the last round, candidates have to go through a GE (Group Exercise) and PI (Personal Interview).
Weightage for a final composite score-
- CAT/XAT/GMAT- 20%
- MICAT- 30% (Scaled score)
- GE- 20%
- PI- 30%
MICAT 2020- Application Form /Registration Form
- MICAT application forms will be available on the official website. As no offline application forms will be available candidates have to register through the online mode only.
- Candidates can register for MICAT-I from 3rd week of August to 3rd week of November 2019 and from 1st week of January to last week of January 2020 for MICAT-II.
- Candidates are advised to keep the system generated MICAT log in ID and password safe for future use.
- Candidates must fill all the details carefully in the registration form.
- The application fee is non-transferable and non-refundable.
- The registration fee will be Rs.1965/- for MICAT.
- Applicants can make the payment of application fee through Debit card/Credit card, DD, and counter payment.
- For Payment through DD- DD should be drawn in favor of “MICA” payable at Ahmedabad.
MICAT 2020- Exam Pattern
The Exam Pattern for MICAT is as follows-
- MICAT will be conducted in an online mode (Computer-Based Test).
- The duration of the exam will be 2 hours 45 minutes.
- Question paper will be consist of objective and subjective type questions.
- Paper will be divided into three parts.
- There will be no negative marking for Part-I and Part-III. ¼ marks will be deducted for each wrong answer in Part-II
|Parts||Sections||No. of questions|
|Quantitative Ability (QA)||25|
|Verbal Ability (VA)||25|
|Part-II||Divergent-Convergent Reasoning (DCR)||39|
|General Awareness (GA)||25|
|Part-III||Descriptive Test (DT)||4|
MICAT 2020- Syllabus
Questions will be asked from topics like Verbal Ability, Psychometric, Quantitative Ability, and Data Interpretation, Divergent and Convergent Thinking, Current Affairs, General Awareness, Descriptive Test, Candidates must prepare all the topics that fall under these sections.
MICAT will be conducted in the following states of India-
MICAT 2020- Admit Card
MICAT admit card will be made available on the official website of MICA in the last week of November 2019 (MICAT-I) and 1st week of February 2020 for (MICAT-II) onwards. Admit cards will be issued only to the registered candidates. All the candidates are required to carry the valid admit cards to the examination centers on the day of the test. Candidates without admit cards will not be allowed to enter the exam hall and will be debarred from the exam.
MICAT 2020- Result
The MICAT-I score will be released in 3rd week of December 2019 whereas MICAT-II score will be released in 3rd week of February 2020. The final score after will be released in the last week of March 2020 on the basis of score of candidates in all the three selection rounds.
In case of any query related to MICAT 2020, candidates must contact the concerned authority immediately.
Contact details are as follows-
Shela, Ahmedabad- 380058,
Phone- 2717-308250, 308349, 308313
Email- [email protected]