MHT CET 2023: Maharashtra Common Entrance Test (MHT CET) is a state-level entrance exam organized annually by the Directorate of Technical Education, Maharashtra with an aim to provide admission to the candidates seeking admission into engineering, pharmacy, and Pharma.D courses offered by various universities and colleges in the state. Those who fulfil the eligibility may submit their application whose link is active on the portal and will remain live till 7th April (without paying a late fee).
MHT CET Admission 2023: Overview
Candidates can check information related to MHT CET 2023 application fee, syllabus, Admit card, exam pattern, syllabus, result, etc in this article.
|Examination||Maharashtra Common Entrance Test|
|Commonly known as||MHT CET 2023|
|Article Category||Application details|
|Exam type||State Level exam|
|Conducting Authority||Directorate of Technical Education, Maharashtra|
|Course offered||Engineering, Pharmacy, and Pharma.D programs|
|Exam frequency||Once a year|
|Mode of application||Online|
|Mode of examination||Offline|
|Official website of DTE, Maharashtra||cetcell.mahacet.org|
MHT CET 2023- Eligibility
Here, we have shared information about MHT CET 2023 eligibility criteria-
- Candidates must be Indian nationals.
- There is no age limit for appearing and admission to MHT CET 2023.
- Candidates appearing in the final year of the qualifying exam are eligible.
- Candidates must have passed 10+2 examination or equivalent with Physics and Mathematics along with any of the optional subjects Chemistry, Biology, Biotechnology, and technical vocational subject from Maharashtra state or any other recognized board.
MHT CET 2023 – Application Form
- Candidates have to fill out Maharashtra CET 2023 application forms through online mode from the official website only as no other mode is applicable.
- Application forms will be made available online.
- Candidates must submit the application forms within the specified dates.
- Candidates must fill all the details accurately in the application.
- Passport sized photograph and signature must be uploaded in the prescribed format in the application.
- Candidates are advised to keep the registration number and password safe as it is used to download admit card, result, and during various stages of admission.
- Applicants must keep a printout of the filled-in application form and confirmation page safe for future references.
MHT CET 2023 Application Fee
Category wise MHT CET 2023 application fee is as follows-
Subscribe to our FREE e-Newsletter for Daily Updates.
Govt Jobs Opening, Results & Online Earning Opportunities.
|General category candidates from Maharashtra, Outside Maharashtra State (OMS), J&K migrants, or both PCM & PCB group fee is Rs.1600.||Rs.800/-|
|SC, ST, VJ/DTNT(A), NT(B), NT(C), NT(D), OBC, SBC, and Physically handicapped candidates from Maharashtra State only, For both PCM & PCB group fee is Rs.1200||Rs.600/-|
- Applicants can make payment of application fee through credit card/debit card/ net banking/e-wallet.
- The application fee is non-refundable.
MHT CET 2023 – Important Dates
The tentative schedule for MHT CET 2023 is as follows-
|Online Registration starts||8th March|
|Last date for online registration (without Late fee)||7th April|
|Last date for registration and confirmation of application form (with late fee Rs.500/-)||15th April|
|Last date to update HSC Board information|
|Last date to make changes in preference of exam district|
|Issue of admit card|
|Date of exam|
MHT CET 2023-24 Exam Dates
MHT CET 2023 – Exam Pattern
The Exam Pattern is as follows-
- MAH CET 2023 will be organized in offline mode (OMR based).
- MHT CET 2023 will consist of three papers viz. Paper-I, Paper-II and Paper-III.
- Each paper will consist of 100 marks.
- The duration of each paper will be 90 minutes.
- There is no negative marking scheme.
- The question paper will be of Multiple Choice Type Questions.
- The medium of the exam will be English or Marathi or Urdu for Physics, Chemistry, and Biology. For Mathematics, the medium will be only English.
|Paper||Subjects||Approx. No. of Questions from||Marks per question||Total marks|
|Class XI||Class XII|
|Paper III||Biology (Botany)||10||40||
- It is mandatory for engineering candidates to appear for Paper I and Paper II.
- For Pharmacy and Pharma.D programs, candidates have to appear for Paper II and Paper III.
MHT CET- Syllabus
- Questions will be asked from Class XI and XII syllabus of the Maharashtra Board.
- MHT CET 2023 question paper will include a complete syllabus of Class XII of subjects like Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, and Biology.
- Class XI syllabus will cover the following units-
Measurements, Scalars, and Vectors, Force, Friction in solids and liquids, Refraction of Light, Ray optics, the Magnetic effect of electric current, Magnetism.
Some basic concepts of chemistry, States of Matter: Gases and liquids, Nature of chemical bond, Hydrogen, Redox reaction, Surface chemistry, s-Block elements(Alkali and alkaline earth metals), Basic principles and techniques in organic chemistry, and Alkanes.
Trigonometric functions, Trigonometric functions of Compound Angles, Straight Line, Factorization Formulae, Circle and Comics, Sets, Relations and Functions, Probability, Sequences, and series
Diversity in organisms, Plant Water Relations, and Mineral Nutrition, Plant Growth and Development Biochemistry of cell
Organization of Cell, Animal tissues, Human Nutrition, Human Respiration
MHT CET 2023 – Admit Card
- The Admit Card will be made available for download through online mode on the specified dates.
- Candidates must verify all the details mentioned on the admit card before appearing in the exam. In case of any discrepancy the need to contact the concerned authority.
- All the candidates are required to carry the printed copy of the admit card to the exam centre on the day of the exam. Without a valid admit card no candidate will be permitted to write the exam.
- Along with admitting card candidates are also required to carry any of the following identity proofs with a photograph in original- PAN card/Aadhar/E-Aadhaar card/ Passport/Permanent driving license/ID card issued by any government authorized body. Learning driving license and Ration card will not be considered as valid identity cards for MHT CET.
- Candidates must keep the admit card safe even after the commencement of exam for references in future.
Also Check: MHT CET Counselling 2023
CET Cell, Directorate of Technical Education,
3, Mahapalika Marg,
Mumbai – 400001 (M.S.)
Helpline No.- 022-22652261/22652262
Email ID- email@example.com