Next MAT 2020 exam will be conducted in the month of February 2020. The application form for the same will be released most probably in the 3rd week of December 2019.
MAT (Management Aptitude Test) is one of the popular National Level Management Entrance Exams in India. It conducted by All India Management Association (AIMA) four times in a year (February, May, September and December) for admission into MBA and allied programs in all the associated and other B-schools across India. MAT scorecard is accepted by around 600 B-schools across India. MAT is conducted in both offline (Paper Based Test) and online (Computer Based Test) mode.
MAT 2020 Application Form
Here, candidates will get complete details about MAT 2020 application form, exam dates, eligibility, registration procedure, syllabus, Admit card, exam pattern, syllabus, Test cities, result etc.
MAT 2020- An Overview
|Examination||Management Aptitude Test|
|Commonly known as||MAT 2020|
|Article category||Application Form|
|Exam type||National level entrance exam|
|Conducting Authority||All India Management Association (AIMA)|
|Course offered||MBA and allied programs|
|Date of examination||Available Soon|
|Exam frequency||4 times a year|
|Mode of examination||Offline and online both|
|Official website of AIMA||www.mat.aima.in|
The exam dates are tentative.
MAT 2020- Important Exam Dates/ Schedule
|Events/ Activities||Paper-Based Test||Computer Based Test|
|Availability of online application/ registration form||3rd week of December 2019||3rd week of December 2019|
|Last date for registration||1st week of February 2020||1st week of February 2020|
|Date of issue of admit card||2nd week of February 2020||3rd week of February 2020|
|Date of examination||3rd week of February 2020||4th week of February 2020|
|Announcement of result||To be updated soon||To be updated soon|
The schedule given above is tentative, final dates will be updated soon.
MAT 2020- Eligibility
The eligibility criterion for MAT 2020 is given below.
- Candidates must be an Indian citizen to be eligible for MAT.
- There is not any specific age criterion for this exam.
- Candidates must be a graduate with any discipline from a recognized university.
- There is not any minimum marks criterion on graduation.
- Final year appearing candidate are also eligible.
MAT 2020- Registration Form
MAT 2020 application form will be made available on the official website of AIMA probably from 3rd week of December 2019. No application form will be made available in offline mode. Candidates can avail it only through the online mode.
Candidates can follow the given procedure to fill the MAT 2020 online registration form-
- Visit the official website of AIMA (mentioned above).
- Click on “New Registration”
- register by providing a valid email ID and a working mobile number.
- Once registration is done, log in by using the registration number and password sent on mobile and email address.
- Fill all required information like personal information and qualification details etc.
- Upload the scanned image of your recent passport photograph and signature as per the specifications.
- Make payment of the application fees
- Preview and verify the entire application.
- Finally, click on the “submit”
- A confirmation page will be generated.
- Download and take the printout of the confirmation page for future reference.
Candidates must fill all the details carefully. They are advised to refer their 10th class certificate to fill in the details in application form.
Candidates are advised to keep the printed copy of the filled in the registration form for future references.
- The application fee for both CBT and PBT exam is Rs.2650/- with GST.
- The application fee for wither PBT or CBT is Rs.1550/-.
- Candidates can make payment of MAT application fee through credit card/debit card and net banking.
- The application fee for MAT is non-transferable and non-refundable.
MAT 2020- Exam Pattern
The Exam Pattern for MAT 2020 is as follows-
- MAT 2020 exam will be conducted in both online mode and offline mode.
- The total exam duration will be 2 hours 30 minutes.
- MAT paper will be divided into 5 sections.
- Total 200 questions will be asked.
- Questions paper will be of objective type questions.
- 1 mark will be allotted for each correct response.
- ¼ marks will be deducted for every wrong answer.
|S.no||Section||No. of questions||Time|
|3||Data Analysis and Sufficiency||40||35|
|4||Intelligence and Critical Reasoning||40||30|
|5||Indian and Global Environment||40||15|
Here is the syllabus for MAT 2020-
- Language Comprehension- Question will be based on English Grammar, English Proficiency; Para jumble, Fill in the Blanks, Reading Comprehension.
- Data Analysis and Sufficiency- Data Sufficiency; charts, graphs (line, area), (column, bar, pie), Venn diagram etc.
- Mathematical Skills- Number System, Ratio, and Proportion, Unitary Method; Time and Distance, Profit and Loss, Interest, Mixtures and Allegation, Triangles, Circles, Mensuration, Permutation and Combinations, Sequence And Series, Heights and Distance; Linear Programming, Coordinate Geometry etc.
- Intelligence and Critical Reasoning- Questions in this section will be based on Fact Inference, Judgment, Analogy, Statement Argument, Passage Conclusion etc.
- Indian and Global Environment- It involves current affairs and General knowledge questions from various fields like Economics, national and international affairs, finance etc.
MAT Test Cities
MAT 2020 is expected to be conducted in the following cities-
MAT 2020- Admit card
Admit card will be made available on the official website of AIMA on the specified date. It is compulsory for all the candidates to carry a valid admit card along with a valid ID proof. Candidates must reach the examination center at least 90 minutes before the commencement of exam. No candidate will be allowed to enter the exam hall without a valid admit card. As MAT 2020 CBT and PBT exam will be held on different dates, admit cards for both exams will be released separately on different dates.
Writing material- Black/Blue Ballpoint pen
MAT 2020 result is expected to release in the month of February 2020. Candidates can check the result on the website on the specific dates.
MAT 2020- Scorecard
After the declaration of result MAT scorecard will be made available on the website. Apart from this scorecard will also be sent to the candidates by post. MAT scorecard contains the marks/scores obtained by the candidates in each section, percentile etc. MAT scorecard will be valid for one year for that particular session.
Candidates are advised to contact the concerned authority in case of any issue and query related to MAT 2020. Contact details are as follows-
All India Management Association
14, Institutional Area,
New Delhi 110003,
Email: [email protected]