KVS 2024 Admission for Class 1 to 9 is to start online at Kendriya Vidyalaya Sangathan official portal, i.e. kvsangathan.nic.in. Those looking for KVS Online Application for class 1 to 11 must read this article to get every detail about the admission and its procedure.
Here in this article, we will give you in-depth information related to the KVS Admission Form. All interested parents and students can fill out the KVS online application form 2024 from the official website. It is expected that the, class 1 admission is likely to start in March 2024, whereas other classes in April 2024.
You must read the KVS 2024 Admission Notification regarding how to submit the form and other details.
KVS Online Application Form 2024 Schedule for Class 1
|Availability of advertisement for admission
|Commencement of online registration for class-1
|Last date to register for class-1
|Availability of KV provisional selected & wait list for registered candidates
|Announcement of a provisional selection list of applicants according to priority service category for unreserved seats, if any
|Extended date for 2nd notification for offline registration under RTE provisions
|Display of list
|Registration for class-II onward (except XI)
|Declaration of list class II onwards
|Admission (class II onwards)
|Final Date of Admission (Except XI Class)
|Registration for admission in class 11 (for KV students)
|Within a week once the result declared of class 10th
|Admission list display and admission for class 11 (KV students only)
|Within two weeks of result declaration (class 10)
|Registration & display of admission list in class 11 (non KV students)
|Once the admission process for KV students is completed in class 11 (if seats are vacant)
|Admission last date for all classes (including 11)
|Within 30 days of the result of class 10th
KVS 2024 Admission Procedure Details
The admission procedure for Kendriya Vidyalaya is provided on the official admission website in KVS. The candidates are advised to read all the instructions before filling out the KV online admission form.
Parents are advised to read the instructions and find all the important documents and details for being eligible to avail admission in Kendriya Vidyalaya. The procedure of filling out the application form for admission will be done online mode or offline mode.
You can collect the application form from the principal officer free of cost. Now, the important step is to fill out the form accurately and completely. Parents must fill in all the details which have been asked truly and there should not be any mistakes. Attach all the documents which have been asked for and submit them to the office.
All the documents submitted with the form need to be attested first. However, it should be noted to the candidate and parents that the application form will be rejected if there is any incomplete information or false information. It is also advised that the parents fill out the form on time; late submission of the application form will be rejected by the school.
KVS 2024 Admission Process for Class 2nd to 8th
Admission for class 2 to 8 students will be granted based on the priority category system, and no admission test will be conducted for them. However, if applications received are more than the seats available, then the lottery system will be applied in each category.
KVS 2024 Admission for class 9th
- Those looking for admission to class 9 have to go through the admission test process, and after that, a merit list will be prepared for each category, and then admission will be granted according to it.
- Tests will be conducted in Hindi, Maths, English, Science, and Social Science.
- The test will have only one paper, and its duration is 3 hours, which comprises a maximum of 100 marks.
- Students must have secured at least 33% marks to qualify, but students from the SC/ST/Divyang category must secure 25%.
KV 2024 Admission in Class 11
There are some criteria to get admission in class 11 that you all need to understand. Admission in Class 11 will be done in two stages. First, such students will be invited to who are the students of KVs and completed their high school and once such process is completed, students from other boards will be invited to fill the remaining vacant seats. Below we have shared some details of it. Have a look: –
KV and Non-KV students
For admission in class 11 different streams like science, commerce, and humanities will be based on marks (aggregate) secured by them in class 10, which was given as:
- Science stream: at least 60%
- Commerce stream: at least 55%
- Humanities stream: Every single student who declared pass in class 10.
Criteria for applying to KVS Online Application Form
Before taking admission to Kendriya Vidyalaya, the parent needs to know the criteria for admission to KVS. The first preference is always given to the candidates whose parents are in Defence Services, followed by central government and state government employees.
After preferring these candidates, if any seats were left, only a private employee candidate can get the seat. The first preference will be given to the army officers for ex-army officer kids. The second preference will be given to the candidates whose parents are Central Government employees after that, the opportunity will be given to the government employees.
State Government references will be provided to parents with a single girl child. Even after giving opportunities to them if there is any seat left then it will be given to the private employee candidates.
KVS 2024 Admission Age Criteria
Before applying online for admission KV check the age criteria to know whether your child fulfilled it.
Note: A child born on 1st April will also be considered for admission
|Minimum age as of 31st March
|Maximum age as of 31st March
How to submit the KVS 2024 Admission form for class 1?
To get admission in class 1, parents must first register the candidate online. The steps which need to be followed for the registration to gain admission to KVS 2024 are:-
- First, it is needed to visit the official website, which is https://kvsangathan.nic.in/
- At the top of the home page, you will find a link to KVS 2024 admission portal click on it.
- After clicking, it will take you to a new window to find the “Click here to register” tab for admission in Std 1.
- A new page will be open with the instructions which should be read before filling out the form.
- Read the directions properly mentioned in Hindi and English languages.
- After reading the instructions,, click the checkbox and press the ‘proceed’ tab.
- Next, it will be asked for ‘New registration’, where you need to submit some details such as the name of the student, email id, mobile number, whether physically disabled or not, and a captcha needs to be filled (it is to be noted all details submit here should be in English language only)
- Fill in all the details and click on the register button, and OTP will be sent to your number. Fill in the OTP again fill the captcha and verify it. If the registration procedure is not completed a login ID will be provided through mail ID. Take the printout of the details for future reference because without a login ID code admission is not possible.
How to Fill KV Class 1 Admission Application Form?
The procedure for submitting the admission form will only be done once the registration process was completed and the login code has been generated. and those who have registered need to follow the process we have given below:
- Visit first kvsonlineadmission.kvs.gov.in
- On the home page, select ‘login’ tab
- A new page will open where you have to submit some details like login code, DOB, mobile number, and captcha code and after doing the same press the login tab.
- After login, the application form will be available to you, divided into five parts.
- In the first part, you have to fill in your basic details like name, DOB, gender, family income group, caste category, and blood group.
- After submitting the basic details you have to furnish parent details like name, address, mobile number, email address, occupation, and others.
- After submitting the 2nd part now you have to fill in the school choices and you can fill in upto 3 choices.
- Once choices have been selected move to the upload documents section where all required need to be uploaded.
- In the last part, you have to read the declaration and tick the checkboxes given in front of them.
- All the details which have been asked on the page need to be filled in by parents and details should be filled in properly and accurately. An OTP will be sent to the registered mobile number fill in the OTP and verify it. The procedure of filling the admission form has been completed take a printout whose process is discussed in the next section.
How to Print KVS Class 1 Application Form?
After submitting the application form, it is necessary to take the print of the application for future reference. To do so, you have to execute a simple method which is as follows-
- Visit the official page of KVS online admission in any safe and suitable web browser.
- The next step is to click on the link “Print Application” mentioned on the menubar of the homepage.
- After that, a login page will open, enter your details in the form and submit it.
- The application will be open on your screen, verify the details and download it to your system.
- Finally, take out the hard copy of it for further usage.
Check KVS 2024 Admission Form Status Online
If you have submitted the application form of KVS online mode, then you can also track the status of your application. Read out the process explained below for more clarity.
- In an initial step, applicants have to go the official portal of VS admission.
- Then, a login page will open on your screen.
- Search the link named “Check Application Status“ given on the menubar.
- Tap that link.
- A login page will appear on your display where applicants have to insert info such as Login code, Birth date, contact number, etc.
- Click “Login” button link and the status of the application will appear on your screen.
Documents required for KVS 2024 Admission
The candidates who have been selected for admission need to present some documents at the time of admission to the authorities. So it is very much required to be prepared with the documents. Those documents are as follows:-
- Birth certificate will be a proof of age
- Proof of the parent’s details whether they are Army officials for Central Government job employees
- Proof of residence that is address proof
- The caste certificate proof if applicable
- The certificate for the physical handicapped
- A certificate for parents if they have retired from the Army job
- Retirement certificate for retired defence employee.
- Applying under single girl child submit the required affidavit for it.
- Documents which show the number of transfers of a parent.
- Child photograph
Reservation criteria for taking Admission in KVS
Although the admission procedure is almost the same for every candidate however there is some reservation provided to reserved categories of candidates.
|Percentage of reservation
|Admission notice (Last Year)
|Admission Guidelines (Last Year)
|KVS Class 1 Admission
|Class 1 Application Status
|Print Class 1 Submitted Application Form
|Class I Application form Submission Instruction
|Registration form class II Onwards
|Registration form class 11
|Option form class 11
|Download pro forma documents sample
KVS 2024 Admission Helpline desk
If you have a query related to admission then you can ask the official as per your region.
KVS Online Application Form: FAQs
How one can fill out the registration form and application form for admission in KVS for class 1?
The admission procedure for class 1 candidates will be done online and offline both for online. The procedure has been discussed above is to visit the official website https://kvsangathan.nic.in fills the detail and submits the form. For offline admission, the candidate’s parents need to visit the school collect the form and fill it out.
What is the procedure to take admission for class 2 to 8?
The procedure to take admission in Kendriya Vidyalaya School from class 2 to 8 is completely based on the priorities of school students.
What is the procedure for admission to class 9th and 11th?
Admission for class 11th will be done according to the marks obtained in class 10th and for class 9th for Admission Test will be taken which includes the subjects such as Hindi, English, Maths, Science, and social studies. The minimum marks to get passport examination is 33% for general and 25% for category candidates.
What if there is a mistake in filling the form offline?
The parents need to be very sure while filling out the admission form. However, if there is any mistake while filling the form it is advised to take another form from the school rather than do any corrections to it.
What is the age criterion for taking admission in class 1?
For taking admission in class 1 the minimum age of the candidate should be 5 years and the maximum age 7 years.
What is the fee for KVS application form?
There is no fee for the application form online registration will be done free of cost and offline the candidate needs to visit the school and collect the form without paying any charge.
What is the minimum number of marks required in the exam to get admission into the science stream?
If aspirants want to take admission into the science stream then it is necessary to score 60% of the marks in the entrance examination.
What percentage of the total reservation is furnished by officials to BBC category applicants?
27% seat reservation of the total reservation is given to those students who belong to the OBC category.
For those students who want to get admission to 9th class, what is the maximum age is required?
The maximum age of those aspirants who want to take admission in the 9th class is 15 years as of 1st April. For more than 15 years candidates are not allowed to take admission in the 9th standard.
What documents are required for KVS 2024 Admission?
Testimonials such as Caste certificate, Birth certificate, Address proof, retirement certificate of parent in case of retired defence employees, etc.