Karnataka PGCET 2020: The applicants who are wanted to pursue the courses in the field of management, technology such as MBA, MCA, M.Arch, M.Tech, M.E would require to urge into Karnataka Post Graduate Entrance Test, which is significantly held as Karnataka PGCET state-level test initiated under KEA (Karnataka Examination Authority).
This entrance exam is organized at every year to offer admission to the candidates who are seeking admission for full time/part-time courses of MBA/ MCA/ ME/ M. Tech/ M. Arch and second-year lateral entry to MCA course in various institutions and affiliated universities located within the state of Karnataka. The details overview of the Karnataka PGCET 2020 will be discussed here in detail.
Karnataka PGCET 2020
Karnataka Post Graduate Common Entrance Test is the gateway for the students who wanted to pursue post-graduation in the state of Karnataka. The students will be required to register themselves for the Karnataka PGCET 2020 in order to move one step ahead for taking admission in the affiliated colleges/institution with Karnataka Common Entrance Test (Post-Graduate).
Highlights of Karnataka PGCET 2020:
|Name of the Entrance Exam||Karnataka Post Graduate Common Entrance Test|
|Examination Conducting Body||Karnataka Examination Authority|
|Level of Entrance Exam||Post graduate|
|Article||Karnataka PGCET 2020|
|Mode of Application||Online|
|Mode of Entrance Examination||Offline|
|Karnataka PGCET Exam Date||To be Released Soon|
|PGCET 2020 Apply Link||Click Here|
|Last date to apply||28th June 2020|
Karnataka PGCET Application Fees
The candidate who is falling under the general category will need to submit Rs.650 and for Scheduled Caste & Scheduled Tribe categories will need to pay Rs. 500 for KEA PGCET Application 2020.
The applicant can deposit the fees by visiting any branch of depository financial organization of Mysore. At the Post Office, you’ll also option for other payment.
Karnataka PGCET Eligibility
- The students willing to apply for the post-graduation common entrance test must have their residence within the state of Karnataka.
- The admission will be offer to those candidates who has the relevant degree and should have attained 50% marks (General Category) at the graduation level or equivalent course.
- The Applicant who are from SC, ST, and OBC caste category will need to have 45% marks at the graduation level or any other equivalent diploma courses.
- Those getting into Karnataka PGCE 2020 must be studying the state of Karnataka for eight years.
- The applicant should be a citizen of India.
- The students who are belonging to the Karnataka will need to have domicile of the state as without this the candidate will not be allowed to take admission.
- Candidates from Karnataka and not Karnataka (for positions assigned by the administration for (MBA / MCA) can apply for both.
- SC / ST / Category-I / OBC only applies to Karnataka candidates.
Eligibility Criteria For MBA Program
- Qualification exam: The Candidates should have a degree of a minimum of three years or its equivalent.
- The minimum marks required to take admission in the MBA Course is a minimum of 50% marks in Q.E for general category and 45% marks for the candidate coming from reserved caste categories such as Scheduled Tribe, Scheduled Caste and category 1 in the state of Karnataka.
Eligibility Criteria For MCA Course
- The applicant must take the MU exam or equivalent exam with BCA, B.Sc (Computing / Computing) from any recognized university.
- The candidate should have studied any of the optional subjects in the qualifying exam. The subjects will be Math’s, Computer, Stats, Computer programming, etc.
- The Applicant must have scored a minimum of 50% marks for the general category and 45% marks for the other categories like SC, ST, and Other backward class candidates.
Eligibility Criteria For M.E / M.Tech / M.Arch
- The Candidates must have a relevant degree in any discipline from any recognized university.
- The candidate should have a valid GATE score in order to apply for M.E, M.Tech and M.Arch courses.
- The applicant should have % marks if the candidate is coming from the general category and 45% points if in case the applicant if from SC, ST, and OBC candidates from the state of Karnataka.
Karnataka PGCET Examination Pattern
- The Karnataka PGCET Entrance Exam will be conducted in the various centre of the Karnataka Examination Authority and the duration of the exam will be of 2 Hours.
- The mode of paper will be in the English language.
- The total question in the entrance examination will contain 100 questions and will be distributed in the two parts that can be seen below:
Part 1 – In this section, the total number of questions will be 50 and one marks will be awarded to the correct answer.
Part II – In part 2 the total number of question will be 25 and 2 marks will be given to every correct answer.
Karnataka PGCET Syllabus 2020
The candidate will be able to check the Karnataka PGCET Syllabus on the official website of the Karnataka Examination Authority.
The examination syllabus will differ from one course to another. We have prepared a list of syllabus for the various courses that can be checked below:
For ME/ M.Tech/ M.Arch
The Syllabus for this course will differ from one branch to another. There will around 6 questions that will be asked from the technical subjects and the remaining question be asked from subjects like Arithmetic, English, Quantitative Aptitude.
Check Here >>> Kerala Plus Two Result 2020
For MBA Course
The Syllabus for the entrance examination for MBA Program will be from Grammar, vocabulary, and literature part.
Apart from the English section, there will be questions asked from the GK, Reasoning, and Qualitative &quantitative aptitude section.
Also read- Karnataka KCET Application Form 2020
Karnataka PGCET 2020 Admit Card
The candidate will be able to grab the Karnataka PGCET Admit Card only on the official website of the Karnataka Examination Authority. The release of the admit card is expected to be in the month of June 2020. The information that will be entered in the hall ticket will be roll number, examination venue detail, day of the examination, etc
In order to download the admit card, the candidates will need to open the official website and on the website, the applicant will be required to enter the application number and date of birth to download the hall ticket.
Karnataka PGCET Counseling 2020
The Counseling for the Karnataka PGCET will be done after the announcement of the result and is expected to happen somewhere around in the month of September2020. The details will be shared with the selected candidate through email about the Karnataka PGCET Counseling 2020.
The Candidates will also need to submit their original documents for verification purposes on the day of the counselling. After that, the candidate will be allotted a seat as per their preference. Please be informed that the seat will give to the candidate only after the successful verification of the documents.
Karnataka PGCET Application
- First of all the students to open the official website of the Karnataka Examination Authority and make themselves registered for the entrance examination.
- Applicants will be able to create a login id and the password that will make candidate login to the portal.
- When aspirants are finished with registration, they will need to log in with the ID and password.
- Then the student will need to enter the details in the application form and the details will be the candidate name, date of birth, email address, qualification marks, etc.
- Please be informed that the credential won’t be generated with Email or SMS.
- After filling the details in the application form then after the applicants will need to upload scanned photographs, thumb impression, and signature to move further,
- Now the candidate will be required to pay the application fees by any of the payment modes available. After paying the application fees the E-Challan will get created.
- Then, in the end, the applicant will need to save the filled application for future reference.
Important Note -The last date to fill the appliance form is until the first week of June 2020.
Frequently Asked Questions
As of now there no news related to the announcement of the result, so candidate are requested to visit the official website for the regular updates.
The information that will be printed on the hall ticket will be the full name of the candidate, roll number for the examination, day of the exam, examination timing, etc.
The applicant will need to report to the Karnataka Examination Authority for any kind of correction required in the admit card.
The candidate can be able to apply for the entrance examination by the mid of June 2020