The last date to submit Karnataka PGCET 2023 application for MBA, MCA, M.Tech, and M.Arch is 23 August 2023. Hurry up those who have not submitted their form yet. More details below
The applicants who wanted to pursue courses in the field of management, and technology such as MBA, MCA, M.Arch, M.Tech, M.E would require to appear in Karnataka Post Graduate Entrance Test, which is significantly held as Karnataka PGCET state-level test initiated under KEA (Karnataka Examination Authority).
This entrance exam is organized every year to offer admission to the candidates who are seeking admission for full-time/part-time courses of MBA/ MCA/ ME/ M. Tech/ M. Arch and second-year lateral entry to MCA courses in various institutions and affiliated universities located within the state of Karnataka. A detailed overview of the Karnataka PGCET 2023 will be discussed here in detail.
Karnataka PGCET 2023
Karnataka Post Graduate Common Entrance Test is the gateway for students who wanted to pursue post-graduation in the state of Karnataka. The students will be required to register themselves for the Karnataka PGCET 2023 in order to move one step ahead for taking admission in the affiliated colleges/institutions with Karnataka Common Entrance Test (Post-Graduate).
Register here for Karnataka PGCET 2023 Application (Ends On 23rd August)
Highlights of Karnataka PGCET 2023
|Name of the Entrance Exam
|Karnataka Post Graduate Common Entrance Test
|Examination Conducting Body
|Karnataka Examination Authority
|Level of Entrance Exam
|Mode of Application
|Mode of Entrance Examination
|Karnataka PGCET Exam Date
|9 and 10 September 2023
|PGCET Information bulletin
Karnataka PGCET 2023 Application Key Dates
|Notification release on
|4 August 2023
|Online portal Open from
|7 August 2023
|Application closing date
|23 August 2023
|Last date to pay fees in Bank
|Submit Special Category certificate
|Karnataka PGCET Admit Card
|Karnataka PGCET Exam Date
|9 and 10 September 2023
Karnataka PGCET Application Fees
The candidate who is falling under the general category will need to submit Rs.650 and for Scheduled Caste & Scheduled Tribe categories will need to pay Rs. 500 for KEA PGCET Application 2023 (subject to be changed)
The applicant can deposit the fees by visiting any branch of the depository financial organization of Mysore. At the Post Office, you’ll also opt for other payments.
Karnataka PGCET Eligibility 2023
- The students willing to apply for the post-graduation common entrance test must have residence within the state of Karnataka.
- Admission will be offered to those candidates who have the relevant degree and should have attained 50% marks (General Category) at the graduation level or equivalent course.
- Applicant who are from SC, ST, and OBC caste categories will need to have 45% marks at the graduation level or any other equivalent diploma courses.
- Those getting into Karnataka PGCET 2023 must be studying the state of Karnataka for eight years.
- The applicant should be a citizen of India.
- The students who are belonging to Karnataka will need to have a domicile of the state as without this the candidate will not be allowed to take admission.
- Candidates from Karnataka and not Karnataka (for positions assigned by the administration for (MBA / MCA) can apply for both.
- SC / ST / Category-I / OBC only applies to Karnataka candidates.
Eligibility Criteria For MBA Program
- Qualification exam: The Candidates should have a degree of a minimum of three years or its equivalent.
- The minimum marks required to take admission in the MBA Course is a minimum of 50% marks in Q.E for the general category and 45% marks for the candidate coming from reserved caste categories such as Scheduled Tribe, Scheduled Caste and Category 1 in the state of Karnataka.
Eligibility Criteria For MCA Course
- The applicant must take the MU exam or equivalent exam with BCA, B.Sc (Computing / Computing) from any recognized university.
- The candidate should have studied any of the optional subjects in the qualifying exam. The subjects will be Math, Computer, Stats, Computer programming, etc.
- The Applicant must have scored a minimum of 50% marks for the general category and 45% marks for the other categories like SC, ST, and Other backward class candidates.
Eligibility Criteria For M.E / M.Tech / M.Arch
- The Candidates must have a relevant degree in any discipline from any recognized university.
- The candidate should have a valid GATE score in order to apply for M.E, M.Tech and M.Arch courses.
- The applicant should have % marks if the candidate is coming from the general category and 45% points if in case the applicant is from SC, ST, and OBC candidates from the state of Karnataka.
Karnataka PGCET Examination Pattern
- The Karnataka PGCET Entrance Exam will be conducted in the various centre of the Karnataka Examination Authority and the duration of the exam will be of 2 Hours.
- The mode of paper will be in the English language.
- The total question in entrance examination will contain 100 questions and will be distributed in two parts that can be seen below:
Part 1 – In this section, the total number of questions will be 50 and one mark will be awarded to the correct answer.
Part II – In part 2 the total number of question will be 25 and 2 marks will be given to every correct answer.
Karnataka PGCET Syllabus 2023
The candidate will be able to check the Karnataka PGCET Syllabus on the official website of the Karnataka Examination Authority.
The examination syllabus will differ from one course to another. We have prepared a list of the syllabus for the various courses that can be checked below:
For ME/ M.Tech/ M.Arch
The Syllabus for this course will differ from one branch to another. There will be around 6 questions that will be asked from the technical subjects and the remaining question be asked from subjects like Arithmetic, English, and Quantitative Aptitude.
For MBA Course
The Syllabus for the entrance examination for MBA Program will be from the Grammar, vocabulary, and literature part.
Apart from the English section, there will be questions asked from the GK, Reasoning, and Qualitative & Quantitative aptitude section.
Karnataka PGCET 2023 Application
- First of all the students to open the official website of the Karnataka Examination Authority and make themselves registered for the entrance examination.
- Applicants will be able to create a login id and the password that will make candidates log in to the portal.
- When aspirants are finished with registration, they will need to log in with their ID and password.
- Then the student will need to enter the details in the application form and the details will be the candidate name, date of birth, email address, qualification marks, etc.
- Please be informed that the credential won’t be generated by Email or SMS.
- After filling the details in the application form then after the applicants will need to upload scanned photographs, thumb impressions, and signature to move further,
- Now the candidate will be required to pay the application fees by any of the payment modes available. After paying the application fees the E-Challan will get created.
- Then, in the end, the applicant will need to save the filled application for future reference.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the last date to apply for the Karnataka Postgraduate Common Entrance Test?
The last date to submit the application form is 20 August 2023.
What information will be mentioned in the PGCET Hall Ticket 2023?
The information that will be printed on the hall ticket will be the full name of the candidate, roll number for the examination, day of the exam, examination timing, etc.
What needs to be done if the details entered on the admit card are incorrect?
The applicant will need to report to the Karnataka Examination Authority for any kind of correction required in the admit card.