Jammu & Kashmir Common Entrance Test (JKCET) is a state-level entrance exam organized every year by the Jammu & Kashmir Board of Professional Entrance Examinations (JKBPEE) for admission of students into engineering programs in various government and private engineering colleges of the state. The last date to submit JKCET 2023 application is 5th June. So, all enthusiastic candidates and aspirants of JKCET can check out this article and get relevant information about the exam.
JKCET 2023 Admission Entrance Exam
For more information, scroll down and get complete details about the JKCET 2023 application form, important dates, eligibility criteria, pattern, syllabus, test centres, result, etc.
|Examination||Jammu & Kashmir Common Entrance Test|
|Commonly known as||JKCET 2023|
|Article Category||Application details|
|Exam type||State Level Exam|
|Conducting Authority||Jammu & Kashmir Board of Professional Entrance Examinations|
|Course offered||B.Tech, B.E.|
|Date of Examination|
|Exam frequency||Once a year|
|Mode of application||Online|
|Mode of examination||Offline (OMR based)|
Eligibility Criteria for JKCET 2023
Candidates applying for JKCET 2023 should know that they must fulfil the eligibility criteria to apply for the exam. Here, we have shared some information about the JKCET 2023 eligibility criteria. So, all the candidates can check if they fulfil these criteria. Thus, can start to apply for the exam.
Check JKCET 2023 Notification PDF
The exam has stringent criteria related to the residency of the candidate. To sit for the exam, the Candidates must be Indian citizens and must be permanent residents of Jammu and Kashmir State as defined in section 6 of the constitution of J&K State. Thereby, possessing a legal domicile certificate of the state.
There is also a criterion of age for the exam. The applicant needs to be of a certain age to apply. The criteria are listed below:
- Applicants must be of 17 years
- There is no upper age limit for JKCET 2023 applicants.
There is a special set of qualification criteria that is set up for the exam. These criteria are:
- Candidates must have passed the 10+2 examination or equivalent with Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, and English from a recognized board.
- Candidates must have passed 10+2 with at least 45% marks for the Open Merit Category. candidates, including the Children of Defence Personnel, Children of State Police Personnel, Children of Para-Military Forces, and candidates possessing outstanding proficiency in Sports and 40% for SC/ST and OBC candidates.
- Candidates appearing in the final year of the qualifying exam are also eligible to sit for the exam.
Read this>>> Jammu & Kashmir B.Ed. Admit Card 2023
Documents required to fill JKCET Application form
There is some important document that the applicant needs before he/ she starts applying. check these documents in the list below. Also, the applicants must upload scanned copies of the documents. the documents are:
- Passport-sized photograph (with name and date)
- Class 10th and 10+2 mark sheet
- Thumb impression
- Certificate of permanent residence
- Category certificate (if applicable)
More about JKCET 2023 Application Form
There are some important points to keep in mind as you start to apply for the exam. These are listed below:
- Applicants can apply for JKCET 2023 only in online mode.
- Application forms are now available on the official website of the Board. Link to apply for JKCET 2023 is given below.
- If they want to fill through the offline mode then they have to download and fill out the form. The printout of the filled-in application form needs to be sent along with the demand draft to the address given below.
- Candidates must submit the application forms before the due date.
- Candidates must fill in all the details carefully. In case of any mistake, they can edit the application form any time before submission.
- Applicants must keep a printout of the application form for future reference.
JKCET 2023 Application Fee
- Candidates have to make a payment of Rs.1000/- as the JKCET 2023 application fee.
- Applicants can make payment of application fee through credit card/debit card and net banking.
- The application fee is non-refundable.
Submit here JKCET 2023 Application Online
JKCET 2023 Important Exam Dates
As such the notification is not available so the dates mentioned are tentative but once we get the official notification then the same will be updated here: –
|Availability of application form||4th April 2023|
|Last date to the application form|
|Date of issue of admit card||–|
JKCET 2023- Exam Pattern
The Exam Pattern for JKCET is as follows-
- JKCET 2023 will be conducted in both offline mode (OMR based)
- The total duration exam will be 3 hours.
- The Paper will have Objective Type Questions.
- The total number of questions will be 180.
- Questions will be asked from 3 subjects (physics, chemistry, and Mathematics) in this exam.
- The medium of the exam will be only English.
- 1 mark will be given for each correct answer.
- ¼ marks will be deducted for every wrong attempt.
|Sections/Subjects||Number of questions|
JKCET 2023- Syllabus
Physical world and measurements, kinematics, Laws of motion, work, energy and power, Motion of system of particles and rigid body, Gravitation, Properties of Bulk matters, Thermodynamics, Electrostatics, Behaviour of perfect gas and kinetic theory, oscillation and waves, Current Electricity, Magnetic Effect of Current and Magnetism, Electromagnetic Induction & Alternating Current, Electromagnetic Waves, Optics, Atom & Nuclei, Dual nature of matter and radiation, Electronic devices and communication system.
Chemical arithmetic and atomic structure, Chemical Equilibrium, Chemical kinetics, solutions, Chemical Thermodynamics, Redox reaction and Electrochemistry, Solid states and States of Matter, Surface chemistry, Chemistry of Representative Elements, Periodic Properties, Chemical Bonding and molecular structure, Transition elements including Lanthanides, Co-ordinate Chemistry, Nomenclature and Basic Concepts in Organic Chemistry, Hydrocarbons, Polymers, Molecules of life, Organic chemistry based on function group-I, II and II.
Sets Relations and Functions, Complex Numbers; Linear programming; Linear equation; Sequence and Series, Permutation and Combination, Binomial Theorem, trigonometric and inverse trigonometric functions, Matrices & Determinants, Limits, continuity and differentiation, Integration and Differential Equation, Straight line and conic sections, statistics, probability, Vectors, and 3D Geometry, Straight lines and space and planes.
Candidates are advised to contact the concerned authority for any assistance and guidance regarding JKCET 2023.
As per the details it will be held on 28th May 2023.
The application form submission will end on 30th April 2023.
According to the exam pattern, 1 mark will be awarded for each right answer, and ¼ mark is deducted for every wrong one.
No. There is only an online mode of application for filling the form.
The exam has an application fee of INR 1000.
To fill the JKCET 2023, the minimum age of the candidate should be at least 17 years.