JKCET 2021: Jammu & Kashmir Common Entrance Test (JKCET) is a state-level entrance exam organized every year by the Jammu & Kashmir Board of Professional Entrance Examinations (JKBPEE) for admission of students into engineering programs in various government and private engineering colleges of the state.
The important dates have been released for this year’s entrance exam. The application for JKCET 2021 has released on the 14th of March 2021. So, all the enthusiastic candidates and aspirants of JKCET can check out this article and get relevant information about the exam.
Current Update: JKCET result is now available for students whose exam is held on 18th September 2021.
- 1 JKCET 2021 Admission Entrance Exam
- 2 JKCET 2021 Important Exam Dates
- 3 JKCET 2021 – Eligibility
- 4 Important Documents
- 5 JKCET 2021 Admit card
JKCET 2021 Admission Entrance Exam
For more information, scroll down and get complete details about the JKCET 2021 application form, important dates, eligibility criteria, pattern, syllabus, test centers, result, etc.
|Examination||Jammu & Kashmir Common Entrance Test|
|Commonly known as||JKCET 2021|
|Article category||Application details|
|Exam type||State Level Exam|
|Conducting Authority||Jammu & Kashmir Board of Professional Entrance Examinations|
|Course offered||B.Tech, B.E.|
|Date of examination||18th September|
|Exam frequency||Once a year|
|Mode of application||Online|
|Mode of examination||Offline (OMR based)|
The higher authorities responsible for the exam, have released an official notification regarding the exam. The notice has been shown below.
JKCET 2021 Important Exam Dates
As per the schedule of exam released by the authority. Have a look at the tentative schedule of JKCET 2021.
|Availability of application form||14 March 2021 (Started)|
|Last date to the application form||10th May|
|Date of issue of admit card||Released|
|Date of the exam||18th September|
|The release of answer key||to be notified|
|The objection against the answer key||to be notified|
|Declaration of result||Announced|
|Counseling||to be notified|
|Admission closure||to be notified|
JKCET 2021 – Eligibility
Candidates applying for JKCET 2021 should know that must fulfil the eligibility criteria to apply for the exam. Here, we have shared some information about the JKCET 2021 eligibility criteria. So, all the candidates can check if they fulfill these criteria. Thus, can start to apply for the exam.
The exam has stringent criteria related to the residency of the candidate. To sit for the exam, the Candidates must be Indian citizens and must be permanent residents of Jammu and Kashmir State as defined in section 6 of the constitution of J&K State. Thereby, possessing a legal domicile certificate of the state.
There is also a criterion of age for the exam. The applicant needs to be of a certain age to apply. The criteria is listed below:
- Applicants must be of 17 years as of 31st December 2020.
- There is no upper age limit for JKCET 2021 applicants.
There is a special set of qualification criteria that is set up for the exam. These criteria are:
- Candidates must have passed the 10+2 examination or equivalent with Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, and English from a recognized board.
- Candidates must have passed 10+2 with at least 50% marks for the Open Merit Category. candidates, including the Children of Defence Personnel, Children of State Police Personnel, Children of Para-Military Forces, and candidates possessing outstanding proficiency in Sports and 40% for SC/ST and OBC candidates.
- Candidates appearing in the final year of the qualifying exam are also eligible to sit for the exam.
There is some important document that the applicant needs before he/ she starts applying. check these documents in the list below. Also, the applicants must upload scanned copies of the documents. the documents are:
- Passport-sized photograph (with name and date)
- Class 10th and 10+2 mark sheet
- Thumb impression
- Certificate of permanent residence
- Category certificate (if applicable)
More about JKCET 2021 Application Form
There are some important points to keep in mind as you start to apply for the exam. These are listed below:
- Applicants can apply for JKCET 2021 only in the online mode.
- Application forms are now available on the official website of the Board. Link to apply for JKCET 2021 is given below.
- If they want to fill through the offline mode then they have to download and fill out the form. The printout of the filled-in application form needs to be sent along with the demand draft to the address given below.
- Candidates must submit the application forms before the due dates i.e. 6th April 2021.
- Candidates must fill in all the details carefully. In case of any mistake, they can edit the application form any time before submission.
- Applicants must keep a printout of the application form for future references.
JKCET 2021 Application Fee
- Candidates have to make a payment of Rs.1200/- as the JKCET 2021 application fee.
- Applicants can make payment of application fee through credit card/debit card and net banking.
- The application fee is non-refundable.
JKCET 2021 – Exam Pattern
The Exam Pattern for JKCET 2021 is as follows-
- JKCET 2021 will be conducted in both offline mode (OMR based)
- The total duration exam will be 3 hours.
- The Paper will have Objective Type Questions.
- The total number of questions will be 180.
- Questions will be asked from 3 subjects (physics, chemistry, and Mathematics) in this exam.
- The medium of the exam will be only English.
- 1 mark will be given for each correct answer.
- ¼ marks will be deducted for every wrong attempt.
|Sections/Subjects||Number of questions|
JKCET 2021- Syllabus
Physical-world and measurements, kinematics, Laws of motion, work, energy and power, Motion of system of particles and rigid body, Gravitation, Properties of Bulk matters, Thermodynamics, Electrostatics, Behaviour of perfect gas and kinetic theory, oscillation and waves, Current Electricity, Magnetic Effect of Current and Magnetism, Electromagnetic Induction & Alternating Current, Electromagnetic Waves, Optics, Atom & Nuclei, Dual nature of matter and radiation, Electronic devices and communication system.
Chemical arithmetic and atomic structure, Chemical Equilibrium, Chemical kinetics, solutions, Chemical Thermodynamics, Redox reaction and Electrochemistry, Solid states and States of Matter, Surface chemistry, Chemistry of Representative Elements, Periodic Properties, Chemical Bonding and molecular structure, Transition elements including Lanthanides, Co-ordinate Chemistry, Nomenclature and Basic Concepts in Organic Chemistry, Hydrocarbons, Polymers, Molecules of life, Organic chemistry based on function group-I, II and II.
Sets Relations and Functions, Complex Numbers; Linear programming; Linear equation; Sequence and Series, Permutation and Combination, Binomial Theorem, trigonometric and inverse trigonometric functions, Matrices & Determinants, Limits, continuity and differentiation, Integration and Differential Equation, Straight line and conic sections, statistics, probability, Vectors and 3D Geometry, Straight lines and space and planes.
JKCET 2021 Admit card
- JKCET 2021 Admit can be downloaded from the official websites on the specified dates.
- Candidates must verify all the information mentioned on the admit card before appearing in the exam.
- Candidates must ensure that their admit card is not mutilated and damaged in any manner.
- Admit card is an important document, therefore, every candidate must be present at the exam center on the day of the exam with a valid admit card. No candidates will be allowed to enter the exam hall without a valid card.
JKCET 2021 Test Centers
- JKCET 2021 will be conducted in the specified cities of Jammu and Srinagar only.
- Candidates will be informed about the test centers through the admit cards.
- Request for change in the allotted test centers will not be accepted under any circumstances.
- No, another test will be conducted for those candidates who fail to appear in the test on the scheduled dates.
The board will display the answer to the JKCET 2021 exam 3 hours after the commencement of the exam. Candidates can check the answer key on the website. They can also submit a representation in case they find any discrepancy in the question paper and answer key within the specified time with a payment receipt of Rs.1000/-.
JKCET Result 2021
Once the entrance test will be conducted, the Board will evaluate the answer sheets and publish the result. Candidates can download the result from the official website of JKCET 2021. After the release of the result, qualified candidates will be called for counselling procedure.
JKCET 2021 Application Form Link (Closed)
Candidates are advised to contact the concerned authority for any assistance and guidance regarding JKCET 2021.
The exam date is not announced yet for more details applicant do visit official website frequently.
The application form submission for the exam is released on 14th of March 2021
The last date to submit the application is 10th May 2021.
According to the exam pattern, 1 mark is given for each right answer and
¼ marks is deducted for every wrong one.
No. There is only an online mode of application for filling the form.
The answer key for the exam will be available on the official website of the authority.
The exam has an application fee of INR 1200.
To fill the JKCET 2021, the minimum age of the candidate should be at least 17 years.