JEE-Main Application Form April 2020 @https://jeemain.nta.nic.in/| The application process for JEE Mains April 2020 session is closed now. The registration process started from 7th February and the application window was closed on
6th March 2020 24th May 2020. JEE Main Application Form April 2020 can be filled only in online mode.
LATEST UPDATE (4th July 2020)-
(i) JEE Main (April Session) scheduled for 18 to 23rd July has been postponed. As per the revised schedule, it will now be conducted from 1 September to 6th September 2020 in two shifts.
(ii) Facility for correction in application particulars along with a choice of examination center cities has been reponed for the applicants from 4th to 15th July 2020.
Check notice below.
Application forms submitted other than in online mode shall be rejected by the concerned authority. Interested candidates can apply using the official website of the concerned testing agency. After the last date of application, no candidate will be able to apply or make any corrections in the form. Candidates who have already taken JEE Mains January session exam can also apply if they wish. JEE Mains April exam will provide them an opportunity to improve their score card as best of two result will be considered for final merit.
UPDATE: With the approval of JEE Apex Board (JAB) few changes have been made in JEE Main question paper pattern for JEE Main 2020. These changes have been already implemented in January session exam. Applicants can check exam pattern details below.
Candidates who are interested in submitting applications for JEE Mains April 2020 can collect all the relevant information such as application process, important dates, eligibility requirements, exam pattern, major changes, result etc. details in this particular post.
JEE Main April 2020 at a Glance
|Name of the exam||Joint Entrance Examination (JEE Mains)|
|Testing agency||National Testing Agency (NTA)|
|Course offered||B.Tech./B.E., B.Arch., B. Planning|
|Mode of application||Online|
|Official Website|| https://jeemain.nta.nic.in/ |
|Information bulletin||Click Here|
|Public Notice||Click Here|
JEE Mains 2020- Important Dates
|Issue of public notice||7th February 2020|
|Commencement of online application and fee payment process||7th February 2020|
|Last date of submission of application|| |
|Last date for final transaction of application fee|| |
|Correction in application particulars|| |
|Printing of admit cards|| |
|Examination dates|| |
|1st shift||9:00 AM to 12:00 PM|
|2nd shift||3:00 PM to 6:00 PM|
|Display of question papers and answer keys||Notified later through NTA website|
|Declaration of result|| |
Candidates can also check the complete exam schedule for all the papers given as follows-
|1st shift||2nd shift|
|B.E./B.Tech exam timing||Notified Soon||Notified Soon|
|B.Arch. exam timing||Notified Soon||Notified Soon|
|B.Planning exam timing||Notified Soon||Notified Soon|
|B.Arch and B.Planning exam timing (both)||Notified Soon||Notified Soon|
|Entry in Exam hall, document verification, physical frisking, Biometric etc.||Notified Soon||Notified Soon|
|Instructions by the Invigilators||Notified Soon||Notified Soon|
|Candidates login for reading instructions||Notified Soon||Notified Soon|
|Commencement of test||Notified Soon||Notified Soon|
JEE Mains April 2020 Session- Eligibility
Candidates should go through the information bulletin once before application and ensure their eligibility. They can also check the eligibility details provided as under-
Basic eligibility Conditions-
- Admissions are open to all the candidates from Indian and Outside India.
- Candidates who have passed their 10+2 exam/equivalent exam in 2018 or 2019 are eligible.
- Appearing candidates in 2020 are also eligible to apply.
- Candidates who have passed the qualifying exam in 2017 or before are not eligible.
- There is no age limit for candidates appearing in JEE Main 2020 exam.
Candidates qualifying any of the following examinations are eligible to apply-
- The final exam of the 10+2 academic system, conducted by any recognized Central or Education State Board.
- Intermediate or 2 years Pre-University exam conducted by a recognized Board/ University.
- 2 years course of the JSW (Joint Services Wing) of NDA (National Defence Academy).
- SSSE exam conducted by NIOS (National Institute of Open Schooling) with a minimum of 5 subjects.
- Higher Secondary Certificate Vocational Exam.
- Any Public Board/School/ University exam in India or in any other country recognized as equivalent to 10+2 system by AIU (Association of Indian Universities).
- A Diploma recognized by AICTE or any State Board of Technical Education (Minimum 3 years)
- HSC Examination of the Cambridge University/ International Baccalaureate Diploma (IBD) of the International Baccalaureate Office, Geneva
- Advanced (A) level GCE (General Certificate Education) Exam (Cambridge/ London /Sri Lanka)
JEE Mains 2020 Application Process
JEE Main 2020 applications are to be filled online. There is no offline or other mode for submission of applications. Candidates should avoid submitting multiple applications. Multiple applications are liable to be rejected.
Pre-requisites of online application-
Before starting the online application process, applicants should be ready with-
- A computer/laptop with good Internet connectivity
- A valid e-mail Id for communication purpose
- A valid mobile number for communication purpose
- All educational qualification details and documents
- Scanned recent passport photograph in JPG/JPEG format (size should be between 10 kb–200 kb)
- Scanned image candidate’s signature in JPG/JPEG format (size should be between 4 kb–30 kb)
- Scanned 10+2 or equivalent Mark sheet/Score Card/Admit Card (size should be between 50kb-500kb).
- A valid Net banking account or debit/credit card or UPI or PAYTM Service.
- A printer connected to the system for printing confirmation page.
How to fill JEE Main April 2020 session application forms?
Application forms will be filled separately for fresh applications and those who have appeared in January session exam. Two different application links are provided on the official portal. Applicants can check the step-by-step procedure for both fresh and already appeared applications given below-
Fresh Application process will be following steps-
- Visit the official website of NTA JEE Main i.e. https://jeemain.nta.nic.in/.
- Click on “Application form for JEE (Main) April 2020” link given on the homepage.
- Click on “Fresh Registration Only” link.
- Hit the “New Registration” link.
- Download the information bulletin. Read all the instructions written on the existing page. Scroll down and hit the “Click here to Proceed” button.
- Registration form will open. Enter personal details, contact details, password and security pin carefully in space provided. Click on “Submit” button.
- Preview the registration form details and edit if required. After reviewing all the entries click on “Final Submit” tab.
On final submission, candidates will receive an application no. and password which they must retain for further logins.
- Dashboard will show the application status. Click on “Complete Application”
- Application form appear. Fill all the correct information as asked and click on “Submit”
- After reviewing the form click on final submit.
- After confirming the submission click on “Upload Images” tab.
- Upload the scanned photograph and signature.
- Confirm the upload and proceed to payment of application fee.
Check >>> New National Education Policy
- Click on “Payment Examination Fee” tab.
- Select payment option and click on “ Proceed for Payment” tab.
- Make payment and a dialog box showing the application status will appear.
- Lastly, download and take the printout of the confirmation page. Retain this page for future references.
Applications Process for Applicants who appeared for January Exam
Those who have already appeared for January JEE Main exam can apply by following the given steps-
Visit the https://jeemain.nta.nic.in/.
Click on “Application form for JEE (Main) April 2020” link.
Click on “Click Here to Login” link or link provided for January 2020 appeared candidates.
Read all the instructions and click on “Click here to Proceed” button.
Enter the application no. and other login credentials. Click on Sign In tab.
- Complete the application form by entering details such as course, QP medium, exam cities, details of class 11th and 12th etc.
- Submit the application.
Payment of Fee
- After final submission of application form proceed to payment of application fee.
- Select the payment mode and make payment.
- Take the printout of the confirmation page and keep it safe for further correspondences.
Note- All the steps mentioned above can be completed together or separately by the applicants.
JEE Main Application Form April 2020- Application Fee
- Applicants can make payment of requisite fee online by using Credit/Debit Card/Net Banking/UPI or PAYTM Services.
|Program||Category||Fee (In India)||Fee (Outside India)|
|B.E./B.Tech OR B. Arch OR B. Planning||Gen/Gen-EWS/ OBC(NCL)||Rs.325/-||Rs.650/-||Rs 1500/-||Rs 3000/-|
|SC/ST/PwD/ Transgender||Rs.325/-||Rs.325/-||Rs 1500/-||Rs 1500/-|
|B.E./B.Tech & B. Arch OR B.E./B.Tech & B. Planning OR B.E./B.Tech, B. Arch & B. Planning OR B. Arch & B. Planning||Gen/Gen-EWS/ OBC(NCL)||Rs.1300/-||Rs.650/-||Rs.3000/-||Rs.6000/-|
|SC/ST/PwD/ Transgender||Rs. Rs. 650/-||Rs. 650/-||Rs.3000/-||Rs.3000/-|
Correction in JEE Main Application Form April
In case candidates make any kind of mistake in application particulars, they will be provided a chance to make correction. Correction facility unitially was provided between 8th March to 12th March 2020. The correction and center choice window has been made operational again for all the applicants from 4th to 15th July 2020. It will be applicable to both the type of applications i.e. fresh and already appeared.
Correction will be possible only during the stipulated time period. After the due date no correction will be possible.
JEE Main 2020 Admit Card
Admit cards for JEE Main April exams will also be made available online for printing. Applicants will be able to print their admit cards from
20th March onwards. 15 days before the exam. It means we can expect the issue of admit card in August 2020.
It is compulsory all the candidates to carry the printout of the admit card to the exam center on the day of exam. Without a valid JEE Main admit card, no candidate will be allowed to enter the examination center.
Check- JEE Main Admit Card 2020
JEE Main 2020 April Examination Pattern
- Mode of Exam- Computer Based Test
- Medium of exam- Hindi, English, Gujarati
- Type of Questions- MCQs and questions for which answer is numerical value
- Duration of exam- 3 hours
- Marking scheme for MCQs- 4 marks for each correct answer and -1 for every wrong attempt.
- Marking scheme for questions having answer in a numerical value- 4 marks for correct answer and no negative marking for incorrect or answered questions.
Check the examination pattern of each question paper shared below-
- B.E./B. Tech
|Part II||Aptitude Test||50||200|
|Part III||Drawing Test||2||100|
|Part II||Aptitude Test||50||200|
|Part III||Drawing Based Test||2||100|
- B. Planning
|Part II||Aptitude Test||50||200|
|Part III||Planning based objective test||25||100|
After the completion of examination process, NTA will publish the question paper and answer keys on its website. The official dates will be announced later. Candidates should keep in touch with the official portal for all the updates regarding answer keys.
After the completion of answer key objection process and publication of final keys. NTA will publish the result. The result is expected to be announced by
30th April 2020 as per the discretion of NTA. The compilation of April JEE Main exam will be done on the basis of the normalization of marks as the exam is going to be conducted in multiple shifts.
The result will be displayed on NTA website as per the schedule and candidates can check it using valid credentials.
About JEE Mains April Session 2020
Joint Entrance Examination (JEE Mains) is a national exam conducted twice a year by the National Testing Agency (NTA). JEE Mains is organized to check the competency of the candidates for admission to various premier institutions of higher education in the country. NTA is conducting JEE Mains from 2019 onwards as per the directions of the Ministry of Human Resource Development, Government of India.
JEE Mains is an entrance test conducted to provide admissions to eligible candidates to undergraduate programs (which include B.Tech./B.E., B.Arch., B.Planning) in NITs, IIITs, other technical institutions funded by the Central Govt. commonly known as Centrally Funded Technical Institutions (CFTIs), other institutions funded by state govts, etc. Admissions to IITs are made on the basis of JEE Advance scores only.
The first session of JEE Mains 2020 is conducted in January and the second one is conducted in April. Conducting JEE Mains exam twice a year provides engineering aspirants an extra opportunity to improve their scores. It also reduces their chances of dropping a whole year. The best of conducting JEE twice is that best of two results is considered for preparing the merit list. Those who have failed in first attempt or have obtained low scores can apply again.
For queries and correspondences regarding, JEE (Main) April 2020, candidates can contact at the given details-
National Testing Agency,
Block C-20/1A/8, Sector 62,
Gautam Budh Nagar, Noida -201309 (UP)
Helpline No.- 0120-6895200 (For Technical Support)
Candidates can also share their queries with NTA by using Register Query Link provided in the Menu tab of candidate login Page.
What is mode of application for JEE Main April 2020 exam?
Applications can be submitted only through the online mode.
English and Hindi for all the exam cities and English, Hindi and Gujarati for exam Centre cities in the state of Gujarat, Daman & Diu and Dadra & Nagar Haveli.
There is no age criteria for this exam. You must have passed 10+2 or equivalent examinations from any of the recognized board in the year 2018 or 2020. Final year appearing candidates can also apply.
Exam date and shift will be allocated randomly to each candidate.
Yes, you have to pay the requisite application fee. However, you can use your January login credentials for signing in.
Yes, at the time of online application you will be provided an option to opt for QP language as per your preference.
Yes, reservation is also applicable. For more detail you can refer the information bulletin available on the official portal and also on this page.
Your applications will be rejected.
Queries about JEE Main Application Form April can be asked in the comment box below.