JEE Main Application Form 2024 @https://jeemain.nta.nic.in/| National Testing Agency has announced the JEE Main Session 1 exam schedule. As per its, the JEE Main Session 1 Exam will be held between 24 Jan and 1 Feb 2024. To appear for the session 1 exam, you need to register first. The authority invites the JEE Main Session 1 Application from 1 November 2023, whose link will remain live till 30 November 2023.
The concerned authority shall reject more than one application submitted by the applicants, and each applicant must submit only one application; multiple applications for the same session will not be accepted.
JEE Main Application Form 2024: Overview
|Name of the exam||Joint Entrance Examination (JEE Mains)|
|Testing agency||National Testing Agency (NTA)|
|Course offered||B.Tech./B.E., B.Arch., B. Planning|
|Application Status||Session 1: 1st November to 30 November 2023|
|Mode of application||Online|
|Official Website|| https://jeemain.nta.nic.in/ |
|Information bulletin||Click Here|
|Public Notice||Click Here|
JEE Main 2024- Important Dates
|Events||Session 1||Session 2|
|Issue of public notice||1 November 2023||1 November 2023|
|Commencement of online application & fee payment||1 November 2023||2 Feb 2024|
|Last date of submission of application||30 November 2023 (9 PM)||2 March 2024 (9 PM)|
|Last date for the final transaction of the application fee||30 November 2023 (11:50 PM)||2 March 2024 (11:50 PM)|
|Exam city Announcement||Jan 2024||March 3rd Week|
|Printing of admit cards||3 Days before the exam date||3 Days before the exam date|
|Examination dates for Session 1||24 Jan to 1 Feb 2024||1 to 15 April 2024|
|Declaration of result||12 Feb 2024||25 April 2024|
JEE Mains 2024- Eligibility
Candidates should review the information bulletin once before applying and ensure their eligibility. They can also check the eligibility details provided under-
Basic eligibility Conditions-
- Candidates who have passed their 10+2 exam/equivalent exam in 2022 or 2023 are eligible.
- Appearing candidates in 2024 are also eligible to apply.
- There is no age limit for candidates appearing in JEE Main 2024 exam.
Candidates qualifying for any of the following examinations are eligible to apply-
- Any recognized Central or Education State Board conducts the final exam of the 10+2 academic system.
- Intermediate or 2 years Pre-University exam conducted by a recognized Board/ University.
- 2 years course of the JSW (Joint Services Wing) of NDA (National Defence Academy).
- SSSE exam conducted by NIOS (National Institute of Open Schooling) with a minimum of 5 subjects.
- Higher Secondary Certificate Vocational Exam.
- Any Public Board/School/ University exam in India or any other country is recognized as equivalent to the 10+2 system by AIU (Association of Indian Universities).
- A Diploma recognized by AICTE or any State Board of Technical Education (Minimum 3 years)
- HSC Examination of the Cambridge University/ International Baccalaureate Diploma (IBD) of the International Baccalaureate Office, Geneva
- Advanced (A) level GCE (General Certificate Education) Exam (Cambridge/ London /Sri Lanka)
JEE Mains 2024 Application Process
JEE Main 2024 applications are to be filled out online. There is no offline or other modes for the submission of applications. Candidates should avoid submitting multiple applications. Multiple applications are liable to be rejected.
Pre-requisites of online application-
Before starting the online application process, applicants should be ready with the-
- A computer/laptop with good Internet connectivity
- A valid e-mail ID for communication purposes.
- A valid mobile number for communication purposes.
- All educational qualification details and documents
- Scanned recent passport photograph in JPG/JPEG format (size should be between 10 kb–200 kb)
- Scanned image candidate’s signature in JPG/JPEG format (size should be between 4 kb–30 kb)
- Scanned 10+2 or equivalent Mark sheet/Score Card/Admit Card (size should be between 50kb-500kb).
- A valid Net banking account or debit/credit card or UPI or PAYTM Service.
- A printer is connected to the system for the printing confirmation page.
How to fill out JEE Main 2024 application forms?
Application forms will be filled out online mode. Applicants can check the step-by-step procedure for both fresh and already appeared applications given below-
- Visit the official website of NTA JEE Main i.e. https://jeemain.nta.nic.in/.
- Click on the “Application form for JEE (Main) 2024” link is given on the homepage.
- Hit the “New Registration” link.
- Download the information bulletin. Read all the instructions written on the existing page. Scroll down and hit the “Click here to Proceed” button.
- The registration form will open. Enter personal details, contact details, password, and security pin carefully in the space provided. Click on the “Submit” button.
- Preview the registration form details and edit if required. After reviewing all the entries click on the “Final Submit” tab.
On final submission, candidates will receive an application no. and password which they must retain for further logins.
- The dashboard will show the application status. Click on “Complete Application”
- The application form appears. Fill in all the correct information as asked and click on “Submit”.
- After reviewing the form, click on final submit.
- After confirming the submission, click on the “Upload Images” tab.
- Upload the scanned photograph and signature.
- Confirm the upload and proceed to the payment of the application fee.
- Click on the “Payment Examination Fee” tab.
- Select the payment option and click on the “ Proceed for Payment” tab.
- Make payment and a dialogue box showing the application status will appear.
- Lastly, download and take the printout of the confirmation page. Retain this page for future reference.
Note- All the steps mentioned above can be completed together or separately by the applicants.
JEE Main 2024 Application Fee
- Applicants can make payment of the requisite fee online by using Credit/Debit Card/Net Banking/UPI or PAYTM Services.
JEE Main 2024 Important Link
JEE Main 2024 Admit Card
Admit cards for JEE Main 2024 exams will be available online for printing. Applicants will be able to print their admit cards as per the schedule mentioned above. All the candidates must carry the printout of the admit card to the exam centre on the day of the exam. No candidate can enter the examination centre without a valid JEE Main admit card.
JEE Main 2024 Examination Pattern
- Mode of Exam- Computer-Based Test
- Medium of exam- Hindi, English, Gujarati, etc (Check out the table below for more)
- Type of Questions- MCQs and questions for which the answer is a numerical value
- Duration of exam- 3 hours
- Marking scheme for MCQs- 4 marks for each correct answer and -1 for every wrong attempt.
- Marking scheme for questions having an answer in a numerical value- 4 marks for correct answer and no negative marking for incorrect or answered questions.
Check the examination pattern of each question paper shared below-
- B.E./B. Tech
|Part||Subject||Section 1st Ques||Section 2nd Ques||Marks|
|Total||–||60 Ques||30 Ques||300|
|Part II||Aptitude Test||50||200|
|Part III||Drawing Based Test||2||100|
- B. Planning
|Part II||Aptitude Test||50||200|
|Part III||Planning based objective test||25||100|
JEE Main 2024 Answer Keys
After completing the examination process, NTA will publish the question paper and JEE main answer key on its website. The official dates will be announced later. Candidates should keep in touch with the official portal for all the updates regarding answer keys.
About JEE Mains Examination 2024
Joint Entrance Examination (JEE Mains) is a national exam conducted twice a year by the National Testing Agency (NTA). JEE Mains is organized to check the competency of the candidates for admission to various premier institutions of higher education in the country. NTA is conducting JEE Mains from 2019 onwards as per the directions of the Ministry of Human Resource Development, Government of India.
JEE Mains is an entrance test conducted to provide admissions to eligible candidates to undergraduate programs (which include B.Tech./B.E., B.Arch., B.Planning) in NITs, IIITs, and other technical institutions funded by the Central Govt. commonly known as Centrally Funded Technical Institutions (CFTIs), other institutions funded by state govt, etc. Admissions to IITs are made based on JEE Advance scores only.
Conducting JEE Mains exam in various sessions in a year provides engineering aspirants an extra opportunity to improve their scores. It also reduces their chances of dropping a whole year. The best of conducting JEE twice is that best of all four results is considered for preparing the merit list. Those who have failed in the first attempt or have obtained low scores can apply again.
JEE Main Helpdesk
For queries and correspondences regarding, JEE Main 2024, candidates can contact at the given details-
National Testing Agency,
Block C-20/1A/8, Sector 62,
Gautam Budh Nagar, Noida -201309 (UP)
Helpline No.- 0120-6895200 (For Technical Support)
Candidates can also share their queries with NTA by using the Register Query Link provided in the candidate login page Menu tab.
What is the mode of application for JEE Main 2024 exam?
Applications will only be provided through online mode.
What will be the medium of the question paper?
English and Hindi for all the exam cities and English, Hindi, Gujarati, etc. for exam Centre cities in Gujarat, Daman & Diu, and Dadra & Nagar Haveli. Some new languages have been added, which are mentioned above.
What are the age criteria for JEE Main 2024?
There are no age criteria for this exam. You must have passed 10+2 or equivalent examinations from any recognised boards in 2022 or 2023. Final year appearing candidates can also apply.
Queries about JEE Main Application Form 2024 can be asked in the comment box below.