Indian Navy Recruitment 2019 for Sailor AA & SSR: Indian navy released the notification for the recruitment of Sailors and inviting the online applications from the interested candidates. All those candidates who are looking to join the Indian Navy as Sailor for Artificer Apprentice (AA) & Senior Secondary Recruits (SSR) can apply online for the vacancies released by the Indian Army.
Indian Navy Recruitment 2019
- 1.1 Indian Navy Recruitment 2019 Details
- 1.2 Indian Navy Recruitment 2019 for Sailor AA & SSR
- 1.3 Important Dates
- 1.4 Eligibility Criteria to Apply For Indian Navy AA & SSR Recruitment 2019
- 1.5 How To Apply For Indian Navy AA & SSR Recruitment 2019
- 1.6 Selection Criteria For Indian Navy AA & SSR Recruitment 2019
- 1.7 Exam Pattern For Indian Navy Sailor (AA & SSR) Recruitment 2019
- 1.8 Physical Fitness Test
Interested candidates can check their eligibility to join the Indian Navy as Sailor AA or SSR from this article. Further in this post, you will get a direct link to apply for the vacancies online. The online application submission process started from 8 November 2019 and will continue for the next 10 days.
We have compiled this article to give all the mandatory information to the candidates about the Indian Navy Recruitment 2019 for Sailor AA & SSR. Read on to get more information about applying online for this vacancy, important dates and other.
|Organization Name||Indian Navy|
|Post Name||Sailor for Artificer Apprentice (AA) & Senior Secondary Recruits (SSR)|
|Application Submission Mode||Online|
|Number of Vacant Posts||2700|
|Date to submit the online application||8 November 2019 (Started)|
|Last Date to apply online||18 November 2019|
|Vacant Posts for Sailor AA||500 (tentative)|
|Vacancies for Sailor SSR||2200 (tentative)|
Indian Navy has released the notification for the recruitment of Sailor for Artificer Apprentice (AA) & Senior Secondary Recruits (SSR). The interested candidates can send their applications online to the Indian Navy. As of now the window to apply online for the above mentioned posts has not opened. The application submission process to apply for the Sailor AA & SSR started from 8 November 2019.
The candidates will have the time of 10 days to apply for the aforementioned vacancies in Indian Navy. As the number of vacant posts is 2,700 so the number of applicants will be huge too. So candidates should apply for the vacancies before the last day. If you will wait till 18 November 2019 to send you online applications then you are taking a risk. If because of any reason you could not submit your application on the last day then you will have to wait for next 6 months for the release of the recruitment notification.
Indian Navy has been a great working place. Joining the Indian Navy has been the dream for many job seekers. The recruitment of Sailor for AA & SSR is like an opportunity for the 12th pass outs to start their career with Indian Navy. If you are among those young males who want to serve the nation and white uniform of Indian Navy is your dream then you should start your professional journey with Indian Navy.
Indian Navy invites the applications from the interested and eligible candidates on the post of sailors. Interested candidates can join Indian Navy as a sailor for following posts;
- Artificer Apprentices (AA)
- Senior Secondary Recruit (SSR)
- Matric Recruit (MR)
- Non-Matric Recruit (NMR)
On 8th November the online application submission will get the start for the post of Sailors Artificer Apprentices (AA) and Senior Secondary Recruit (SSR) in Indian Navy. Read on to check the eligibility criteria set for these vacancies of sailor in Indian Navy.
|Start Date For Online Application Submission||8 November 2019|
|Last Date To Apply For AA & SSR Recruitment 2019||18 November 2019|
|Admit Card Will Be available||January 2020|
|Indian Navy AA & SSR Exam Date||20 February 2020|
Only unmarried males candidates can apply for the vacancies of Sailors in AA & SSR in Indian Navy. Here is the required educational qualification to apply for the aforementioned vacancies;
- To apply for Sailor AA the candidate must have qualify 10+2 examination from a government recognized board with 60% or more marks in aggregate.
- Applicant must have passed out 12th with Maths & Physics as main subjects along with one of the following subjects; Chemistry/Biology/Computer Science.
- To apply for Sailor SSR the applicant must have qualified in 10+2 examination with the same subjects as mentioned above.
- To apply for the Indian Navy August 2020 sailor batch the candidates should be born between 01 Aug 2000 to 31 Jul 2003 (Both dates inclusive).
The applicant must be physically and mentally fit to apply and join the Indian Navy. After clearing the CBT the shortlisted candidates will be called to check their fitness. Here are the basic requirements that a candidate should fulfill;
- The minimum height of the applicant should be 157 cms.
- Weight and Chest should be proportionate.
- Minimum chest expansion should be of 5 cms
- Candidate must have good vision; without glasses 6/6 is in better and 6/9 is in the category of worse vision.
- Permanent body tattoos are only permitted on the inner face of forearms i.e from inside of elbow to the wrist and on the reversed side of palm/ back (dorsal) side of hand.
- Permanent body tattoos on any other part of the body are not acceptable.
As you must aware that the Indian Navy accepts the online applications for the Sailors (AA & SSR) vacancies. So here are the stepwise instructions to apply for the AA & SSR Recruitment 2019 in Indian Navy;
- Applicants need to keep their matric certificate & 10+2 Mark sheet ready for reference before filling online application
- To apply for the Sailor AA & SSR Recruitment 2019 the candidates will have to register them first on www.joinindiannavy.gov.in with their e-mail ID.
- Now the job seekers need to log in on the page with registered e-mail is and click on the “Current Opportunities” section.
- Here the applicants will have to click on “Apply” button.
- An application form will appear on your screen, fill it up the Form completely.
- Read the application form to make sure that all the information given here is correct and after uploading all the scanned copies of all the documents and photographs and click on “Submit” button.
Remember the photograph you will upload after scanning should be clear and it has a black background. Applicants will have to pay the application fee too to submit their application for the aforementioned vacancies. Here is the detail of same;
Indian Navy Recruitment AA & SSR 2019: Application Fee
- Candidates from SC/St category are exempted from the application fee.
- For the candidates from other categories, the application fee will be Rs. 205/-. The fee can be paid through debit card, credit card or net banking.
As the recruitment will be done for the vacant posts of Sailor in AA and SSR, so have a look at the difference in the recruitment process for both posts;
Artificer Apprentice (AA) – The selection of the candidates is based on the all India order of merit on their performance in Computer-based Examination, subject to qualifying Physical Fitness Test (PFT) and fitness in Medical Examinations.
Senior Secondary Recruits (SSR) –Selection of the candidates is based on State wise merit of their performance in Computer-based Examination, subject to qualifying Physical Fitness Test (PFT) and fitness in Medical Examinations.
Also Checkout this article: Indian Navy Sailor admit card
The selection of the candidates will be done through a Computer Based Test. Here are the important points related to this;
- One common computer-based examination will be conducted for AA and SSR entries.
- Candidates will have to give the answer of 100 questions, each carrying 01 marks.
- The question paper will be bilingual (Hindi & English) and all the questions will be objective type.
- The question paper will be having four sections i.e. English, Science, Mathematics and General Knowledge.
- The questions will be taken from 10+2 Syllabus.
- The duration of the examination will be for one hour.
- To clear the examination the candidates will have to pass in all sections of CBT in aggregate.
- For each a wrong answer, one fourth (0.25) of the marks assigned to that question will be deducted as penalty or negative marking.
On clearing the Computer Based examination the candidates will have to clear the Physical Fitness Test too.
Physical Fitness Test
Along with the educational qualification and the age limit he interested job seekers will have to be physically fit too. The applicants need to qualify the physical fitness test after clearing the CBT. PFT for Indian Navy recruitment for Sailor (AA and SSR) will consist of 1.6 Km run to be completed in 7 minutes, 20 squats (Uthak Baithak) and 10 Push-ups.
- To Apply Online For Indian Navy Recruitment 2019 Sailor AA & SSR, Click here (Link Expired)
The Bottom Line
Here we have compiled all the information about Indian Navy Recruitment 2019 Sailor AA & SSR. In case of any further query, feel free to write to us in the comment box below.