Indian Coast Guard Asst Commandant Recruitment 2021: Indian Coast Guard Assistant Commandant notification for 02/2021 batch has been released by the authority for SC, ST, & OBC candidates only. Through this recruitment drive, they are going to recruit 25 young and dynamic candidates who are looking to served Indian Coast guard as an Assistant Commandant for General duty which is a Group ‘A’ Gazetted officer post. The said recruitment is only for male applicants who can submit their application online from 21st December 2020. If you are interested in the recruitment and wanted to know about eligibility criteria, selection process, documents required for online application, and other details then read the article given below.
Latest: The Indian Coast Guard Asst Commandant admit card is now available for candidates and the link for the same has been provided below.
Note: Those who are appearing and not cleared their final semester exam are not eligible to apply for the 02/2021 batch.
- 1 Indian Coast Guard Asst Commandant Eligibility Criteria
- 2 Selection procedure for the Assistant commandant
- 3 Medical standard for assistant commandant recruitment
- 4 Steps to apply online for Indian Coast Guard Asst. Commandant 2021
Indian Coast Guard Asst Commandant Eligibility Criteria
Only such applicants can apply for the posts that will fulfill the following eligibility criteria: –
- Applicant must be born, between 1st July 1996 to 30th June 2000 (both dates are including)
Relaxation in age: Applicants who are from reserved category will receive the relaxation in upper age limit such as:
SC/ST candidates : 5 years
OBC candidates: 3 years
Education qualification: –
- Applicant must have completed their Bachelor’s degree from any recognized University securing 60 % marks in aggregate (BE/B. Tech)
- Applicant must have studied Mathematics and Physics upto Intermediate having 60% marks in aggregate.
Relaxation in marks: Applicants who are from SC/ST category will get a relaxation of 5% in aggregate in degree certificate marks, whereas no relaxation is applicable for class 12th marks.
Other Eligibility criteria for the posts
Along with the aforementioned eligibility criteria, there are some additional criteria whose details is given as:
- During the shortlisting of the application for call up, such candidates will be preferred who have secured higher percentage marks in their bachelor’s exam.
- Applicants who have passed their final year or semester’s exam and completed their degree program are only eligible to apply for the post.
- If any of the applicants have withdrawn from any other service training are not eligible to apply and…
- Those who have any kind of criminal charges, arrested, and others are also not eligible for the post.
Indian Coast Guard AC Recruitment 2021: Overview
|Post name||Assistant commandant as a general duty|
|Number of posts||25|
|Recruiting authority||Indian Coast Guard|
|Selection process||Preliminary, Final selection, Medical test, & Merit list|
Other important dates of the recruitment
|Online application window open from||21st Dec 2020|
|Last to submit an online application||27th Dec 2020|
|E-admit card availability||6th to 10th Jan 2021|
|Exam date Preliminary Examination||20th Jan to 20th Feb 2021 (Tentatively)|
|Final selection board exam date||Feb to Mid April 2021|
Selection procedure for the Assistant commandant
The application form will be shortlisted based on the higher percentage of marks of the applicant in their qualifying examination but if it was required to increase the qualifying cut off which is currently 60% could be increased at a later stage.
- Applicants whose application is shortlisted will be called for preliminary selection whose date and time will be available on the E-admit card.
- This test will consist of a mental ability test/ aptitude test, Picture Perception and Discussion test (PP&DT)
- The aptitude test will be objective type and available in English only.
- During the PP&DT test, the applicant must try to speak in English but they are free to speak in Hindi also.
- The other details about the exam like duration, maximum marks, negative marking, and other details will be available in the due course time.
- Applicants who will qualify preliminary selection round will be called for final selection and the date for the final selection board (FSB) will be announced later which could be conducted tentatively from Feb to mid-April 2021.
- FSB round will consist of a psychological test, group task, & Interview, and…
- During this round documents will be verified so all applicants must produce the same in original on the scheduled date.
Applicants recommended for FSB do not confirm their selection because a merit list will be prepared by the authority for those candidates who will clear their medical test and this merit list will be based on the marks secured by them in the written examination and also on the number of vacancies available.
The merit list will be uploaded on the official website of the Indian coast guard around May 2021 and a joining letter will be issued to such candidates. The training for the said posts will be conducted at INA Ezhimala.
Scrutiny of document before written examination
Before the commencement of the written examination applicant documents will be scrutinized, so they need to produce a list of documents whose details are given below: –
- E-admit card (2 copies) with recent passport size photo
- Class 10th and 12th original mark sheet and certificate
- Degree certificate with all semester mark sheet of BE/B. Tech./ Graduation with CGPA/CPA in original
- Applicant identity proof such as (driving license, Aadhar card, passport, voter ID or any other)
- Caste certificate in original for OBC NCL candidates only
- Character certificate (not older than 6 months from the date of PSB)
- 12 recent colors passport size photograph
Note: If any of the applicants are not in the possession of any of the single documents, they will not be allowed to appear for the examination.
Medical standard for assistant commandant recruitment
Applicants who will be recommended for FSB (final selection board) will have to go through the medical test which will be conducted at a nearby medical hospital. The standards for the medical test are given as: –
|Height||157 cms (relaxation will be given to hilly area candidates as per the guidelines of central govt.)|
|Weight||It should be proportionate to the height and age of the applicant, (10% vary will be acceptable)|
|Chest||Should be well proportionate and should have an expansion of 5 cms|
|Eyesight||6/6, 6/9 – (uncorrected without glass) |
6/6, 6/6 (corrected with glass)
|Tattoo||Permanent tattoos will not be permitted but in certain cases, it will be permitted to candidates belongs to tribal areas. Whereas for other applicants it will be permitted only in forearms.|
Indian Coast Guard Asst. Commandant Vacancy details
Below we have mentioned category wise vacancy available for the posts
|Category||Number of vacancies|
|★ 10th Pass Govt Jobs||★ 12th Pass Govt Jobs|
|★ Diploma Govt Jobs||★ ITI Pass Govt Jobs|
|★ Sarkari Naukari||★ Nursing Govt Jobs|
|★ PG Govt Jobs||★ Engineering Govt Jobs|
Some general guidelines for Indian Coast guard Asst. Commandant Recruitment
- The details submitted in the application form should be the same as appeared in the certificate and documents. Any kind of mismatch may lead to the rejection of the application.
- Do mention the exact percentage upto two decimal and it should not be rounded off.
- Applicants have to select only one center from the option available.
- It is mandatory to mention the mobile number and Email ID because the date, time, and venue of the test will be informed via email
- Applicant having OBC NCL certificate it should be 3 financial years old and should be renewed for such cases.
- Applicant must be prepared for 2 days stay during the preliminary selection at their own arrangements.
- Due to limited posts, the Indian Coast guard reserved the right to fix the cut off marks of the qualifying examination.
- Any kind of gadget is not allowed during the examination.
- Boarding and lodging will be provided to applicants only for FSB.
Steps to apply online for Indian Coast Guard Asst. Commandant 2021
- To submit an Indian Coast Guard Asst. Commandant online application for the posts applicants needs to visit the official website of the authority i.e. joinindiancoastguard.gov.in
- Here they have to click the opportunities button.
- After this instruction section will open up, read it carefully, and proceed.
- Later you have to select the advertisement link and select the post which is to be applied
- After this, click the ‘I Agree’ Tab which may lead to an online application form
- Fill in all the details carefully and the entries which are carrying a star (*) mark are mandatory to be filled.
- Upload the document to their place
- Do cross-check the details entered before applying.
- Once the application form was submitted successfully a unique registration number will be generated and this needs to keep handy, as it will be required to download the e-admit card.
Documents to upload in the application form
While submitting the application form for Indian Coast guard Assistant commandant applicant need to upload two of their documents in the required size and format which is given below: –
- Signature: 10 Kb to 30 kb
- Photograph: 10 Kb to 40 Kb
Indian Coast Guard Asst Commandant E-Admit Card 2021
E-admit card for assistant commandant will be available from 6th to 10th January 2021 from the official website and it will be issued to such candidates whose application has been shortlisted. E-admit card will carry all the necessary details such as date, time, and venue of the examination. Applicants do reach the examination center 30 minutes before the commencement of the examination. The preliminary examination will be conducted tentatively from 20th Jan to 20th Feb 2021 at the following centers.
- Coast guard Regional Headquarters (west), Worli Sea Face, PO- Worli Colony, Mumbai- 400030
- Coast guard store depot, CG Complex, near Kalmandapam Police Station, GM Pettai Road, Royapuram, Chennai 600013
- Coast guard Regional Headquarters (North East), Synthesis business park, 6th floor, Shrachi Building, New town, Rajarhat, Kolkata 700161
- Coast guard selection board, C-1, Near Indus valley Public School Sector-62 Noida, UP- 201309
Indian Coast Guard Asst. Commandant Payscale and Promotion
The pay scale and promotion for the posts will be laid down as given below:
|Rank||Basic Pay||Pay Level|
|Deputy Inspector General||1,31,100/-||13 A|
|Additional Director General||1,82,200/-||15th|
Applicant may submit their application till 27th December 2020
Preliminary selection, Final selection board, medical test, and Merit list
Yes, before the commencement of written examination candidates documents will be scrutinized to know whether they fulfill the eligibility criteria or not and for this they need to bring their all the major documents.
Tentatively from 20th Jan to 20th Feb 2021.
If you have any question for Indian Coast Guard Asst. Commandant recruitment 2021, you can ask us below.