Indian Army has released application forms for the grant of SSC (Short Service Commission) for the October 2024 Batch. Both unmarried male and female candidates (NCC candidates and wards of war causalities of Army personnel) fulfilling all the eligibility criteria can submit the Indian Army NCC 56 Special Entry Online Form between 8 January 2024 and 6 February 2024.
Indian Army NCC 56 Special Entry Online Form
Applications have been invited for the selection of 55 suitable candidates. The application forms are to be submitted only in online mode. Those who are interested in joining the Indian Army and satisfy the eligibility conditions should apply before the due date. Offline applications will not be considered. Selection of the candidates will be made on the basis of SSB/ Interview and medical examination. No selection exam is going to be conducted by the recruiting body.
Check all the important information related to the application form provided in this article.
Suggested Read | Army Military Nursing Service Recruitment
Indian Army NCC 56 Special Entry: Overview
|Indian Army NCC Special Entry
|Short Service Commission
|NCC Special Entry Scheme 51 Course
|Selection for Year
|Application form status
|8 January to 6 February 2024
|Mode of application
|Basis for selection
|SSB Interview and Medical Examination
Indian Army NCC 56 Application & Selection Schedule
|Submission of application form starts on
|8 January 2024
|Last date to submit application form
|6 February 2024
|Date Interview/ SSB
|To be announced later
|Declaration of Result
|To be announced later
Indian Army NCC 56 Vacancy Details
|50 (General category- 45 + Wards of battle causalities of Army people- 5)
|5 (General category- 4 + Wards of battle causalities of Army people- 1)
NCC Special Entry Eligibility Details
Candidates must make sure that they are eligible to apply for the post. Any candidate found to be ineligible at a later stage shall be disqualified from the selection process. Therefore, before applying they must read the eligibility details mentioned in the notification carefully. They can also check the basic eligibility conditions shared in this section-
- Gender Criteria- Both unmarried male and unmarried female candidates are eligible.
- Citizenship- Applicant should be an Indian national or subject of Nepal. Apart from this, other candidates, as mentioned in the notification, are also eligible.
- Age Limit- Should be 19 to 25 years
- Educational Qualification- Candidates must have a degree with a minimum of 50% marks from a recognised university. Final year candidates are also eligible provided they have secured at least 50% marks in first two/three years of the course.
- NCC- They must have a valid NCC certificate indicating that they have served for at least 2 or 3 years in Senior Wing/ Div of NCC (only for NCC candidates).
- Candidate should not be having any charges/ police case against them.
- Those who have been withdrawn from NDA/NA/OTA/IMA or other services on the grounds of discipline should not apply as they are not eligible.
NCC Special Entry Application Form Online
The application forms for this recruitment are available online. By following the simple instructions provided in this section, eligible candidates can submit their application forms.
- Start by visiting the official portal of Indian Army (www.joinindianarmy.nic.in).
- Click on “Registration” link. If not registered on the portal, then register first.
- After registration, hit the “Apply Online” link given under the dashboard.
- You will see officer selection-eligibility page.
- Click on Apply link given against the head SSC NCC Special entry option.
- Application form will open.
- Go through the instructions mentioned and click “Continue” button.
- Fill all the details with care.
- Once done, verify the details and click on Submit button.
- Lastly, take two printout copies of the application form.
Selection Process for NCC Special Entry
Shortlisting of Application: The primary selection of candidates will be done on the basis of online application forms.
SSB round- After the scrutiny of the application forms, candidates will be shortlisted for the SSB round/ Interview. The schedule of SSB will be intimated to candidates by the recruiting authority. SSB will be conducted at SSB Selection centers established in Allahabad (UP), Bangalore (Karnataka), Bhopal (MP), and Kapurthala (Punjab)
Medical Examination – Candidates qualifying the SSB rounds will be shortlisted for medical examination. In this stage, the eligibility of candidates on medical and fitness rounds will be checked.
After this, the eligibility of candidates will be verified through document verification. A merit list will be prepared on the basis of all the rounds. Finally, selected candidates will be eligible to join the Oct 2023 course under the special entry program.
- There is no need to send the hard copy of the filled-in application form to the Directorate General Recruiting.
- Applicants must submit only one application form.
- In case of multiple applications from a candidate, none of the application will be accepted and the candidature will be cancelled.
- Candidates must read the instructions first before filling the application form.
Indian Army NCC Special Entry: Links
|Indian Army Website
|Application Form Link
|Read Short Notification
Indian Army NCC 56 Application Form Notification Men
Indian Army NCC 56 Application Notification Women