IMU CET examination conducts Indian Maritime Institute every year for admission to the Marine courses. IMU CET 2023 application window is live now. As we all know that the uniform job has a very good impact on society and it is very much respected. This is the reason a large number of aspirants choose this as their career and apply for admission.
IMU CET 2023 Application Form
So, candidates who want to join the Indian Maritime University need to fill the IMU CET 2023 Application Form within the specified schedule. Indian Maritime University conducts a common entrance test for admission every year. This course is required for taking admission to different undergraduate and postgraduate courses.
Those students who cleared the common entrance test will get admission to Marine Engineering. The examination For IMU admission CET will be conducted in the month of June.
IMU CET 2023 Important Dates
Those candidates who are planning to participate in the examination and get a job as marine engineers and other undergraduate and postgraduate jobs need to follow the exam date. The application form for the IMU is now available and applicants may fill their form from 14 April onwards and the last date to submit the same is 18 May 2023.
|For BBA (LRE/ML)
|Application start from (except BBA)
|14th April 2023
|14th April 2023
|Application Ends On
|18th May 2023
|22 June 2023
|Hall Ticket Date
|26th May 2023
|10th June 2023
|19th June 2023
|First List Date
|30th June 2023
|30th June 2023
|Second List Date
|18th July 2023
|10th July 2023
|Third List Date
|1st August 2023
|18th July 2023
IMU CET 2023 Eligibility Criteria
For different courses undergraduate and postgraduate the eligibility criteria is different. However, we are going to discuss:-
About the age criteria first, that is a minimum of 17 years and a maximum of 25 years. However, there will be a relaxation of five years for the category candidate. The most important point in the criteria of eligibility is the candidate should not be married, that is only an unmarried candidate can apply.
Educational Qualification Standards
Talking about the educational qualification
- For the post of DNS the candidate should be Senior Secondary qualified or BTech from either IIT or any recognised college from AICTE. The minimum marks required for taking admission is minimum 60% in the 12th and not less than 50% in B.Tech.
- For taking admission to BSC courses a minimum of 12TH education is required with subject like physics, chemistry, math, and English. There should be minimum marks of 60% in physics, Chemistry, Maths and 50% in English.
- Candidates who wants to take admission to B.Tech needs to have clear 12th examination with physics, chemistry, math, and English along with at least 60% marks in physics, chemistry, math and 50% in English.
Those candidates for B.Tech who want to take lateral entry admission need to pass an engineering diploma.
Coming to the Post Graduation Courses
- For M.Tech the candidate should have a graduate engineering degree from a recognized University with a minimum of 60% marks. However, there will be a 5% relaxation for the reserved category candidates
- For MBA the candidate should have a bachelor’s degree from University recognized by the government with at least 50% marks. Apart from this candidates should have 50% marks in English in all 10th, 12th and undergraduate degrees.
Other Essential Eligibility
Apart from the above criteria
- The candidate should have passport and
- Need to pass the medical fitness certificate which will be approved by the doctors of director general of shipping.
Reservation in IMU CET
There will be a reservation in the IMU CET 2023 like every year.
- For SC there will be a 15% reservation while
- For ST it will be 7.5%
- A total of 27% reservation will be for OBC candidate and
- 3% for the physically disabled candidate
How to fill IMU CET 2023 Application?
The application form will be available both offline and online. The candidate who wants to fill the form online needs to follow the steps explained below.
- Visit the official website https://www.imu.edu.in/
- The last date will be notified later.
- Fill all the details which have and upload all the documents such as a photograph, signature, and 10th mark sheet and category certificate required.
- After filling the form it is required to take a printout for future reference.
- Automatic email and SMS will be sent to the candidate registered mobile number and email ID which shows the confirmation of submission of application form.
IMU CET 2023: Important Links
|New Registration | Registered Users
|IMU CET UG/PG Brochure
IMU CET Application Fee
|For Other Course
Examination Pattern of IMU CET
The examination which will be conducted for the candidate will be online mode with all the questions as multiple choice question objectives. Total of 175 questions will be there which is required to be done in 3 hours. Each question will carry one mark and there will be no negative for the wrong answers.
The total number of consists in the examination is
- 25 questions each from English, General knowledge, General aptitude
- 50 questions from mathematics and Physics
The level of examination paper will be different for undergraduate and postgraduate examinations after conducting the examination in the month of June. The result will be available on the official website the candidate needs to visit the website and fill the all the details is login ID and password to check the result of IMU. Apart from this an email or SMS will also be sent to the candidate by official authorities about the release of result.
Recommended- IMU CET Cut Off Rank
How to Join Maritime Courses Without IMU CET 2023?
Apart from the IMU CET, those candidates who are appearing for the JEE mains can also apply for the maritime engineering courses from different engineering colleges. For filling the form of JEE Mains online it has been started. It is advised to you fill the form and prepare well for the examination to take admission in Maritime courses.
IMU CET Admit Card 2023?
The admit card for the entrance examination will be released after the declaration of the exam dates. It is important to carry admit card on the day of the examination, in the absence of it officials will not allow candidates to enter the exam hall. After that, the result will also be announced and the procedure for counselling will start for undergraduate and postgraduate programs. The selection list for the student who has passed in the counselling will be released and in the counselling, all the documents will be verified.
Frequently Asked Questions
Ans. IMU CET examination is conducted by Indian Maritime University.
Ans. Both types of courses which are undergraduate and postgraduate are provided by Indian Maritime University.
Ans. Apart from the IMU CET examination those candidates who have scored very well in JEE mains can also apply for the maritime courses.
Ans. Result will be announced on official portal via online mode only.