IMU CET 2020 Application Form: IMU CET examination conducts Indian Maritime Institute every year for taking admission to the Marine courses. IMU CET 2020 examination is cancelled for now and application procedure has also be started. As we all know that the uniform job has a very good impact on society and it is very much respected. This is the reason a large number of youth choose this as their career and apply for admission.
UPDATE: IMU CET 2020 Application for MBA has been started and the last date of submitting the application form is extended till 30th Sept 2020. The entrance exam was scheduled on 16th August 2020 but officials have postponed the examination. Register using the link shared below.
IMU CET 2020 Application Form
- 1.1 IMU CET 2020 Important Dates
- 1.2 IMU CET Admit Card 2020
- 1.3 IMU CET Application Form 2020 fill up procedure:-
- 1.4 IMU CET 2020 Applicaftin From Eligibility Criteria
- 1.5 Coming to the Post Graduation Courses
- 1.6 Examination Pattern of AMU CET
- 1.7 How to Join Maritime Courses Without IMU CET 2020
IMU CET 2020 Application Form
So, candidates who wants to join the Indian Maritime University needs to fill the IMU CET 2020 Application Form within the specified schedule. Indian Maritime University conducts a common entrance test for admission every year. This course is required for taking admission in different undergraduate and postgraduate courses.
Those students who cleared the common entrance test will get the admission in Marine Engineering. The examination For IMU admission CET will be conducted in the month of June.
IMU CET 2020 Important Dates
Those candidates who are planning to participate in the examination and get a job of marine engineers and other undergraduate and postgraduate jobs need to follow the exam date. The application form for the IMU will be released and the submission of form will prevail in the complete month month of July 2020.
Admission Brochure- Click Here
IMU CET Admit Card 2020
The admit card for the entrance examination will be released after the declaration of the revised exam dates. After that, the result will also be announced and procedure for counselling will start for undergraduate and postgraduate programs. The second list for the student who has passed in the counselling will be released and in the counselling, all the documents will be verified.
IMU CET Application Form 2020 fill up procedure:-
The application form will be available in both offline and online mode. The candidate who wants to fill the form online need to
- Visit the official website https://www.imu.edu.in/
- The last date will be in the month of May 2020
- Fill all the details which have and upload all the documents such as photograph, signature, and 10th mark sheet and category certificate required.
- After filling the form it is required to take a printout for future reference
- Automatic email and SMS will be send to the candidate registered mobile number and email ID which shows the confirmation of submission of application form
The application form fee for general candidate is thousand rupees whereas for SC/ST it is 700 rupees payment for the application form can be done in both online and offline method. In online method, the payment method will be net banking, credit card, debit card or UPI. However, in offline method it can be done through Bank challan also.
IMU CET 2020 Applicaftin From Eligibility Criteria
For different courses of undergraduate and postgraduate the eligibility criteria is different. However we are going to discuss:-
About the age criteria first that is a minimum of 17 year and maximum 25 years should be the age of candidate on or before 1st August 2020. However there will be relaxation of five year for the category candidate. The most important point in the criteria off eligibility is the candidate should not be married, that is only unmarried candidate can apply.
Talking about the educational qualification
- For the post of DNS the candidate should be Senior Secondary qualified or BTech from either IIT or any recognised college from AICTE. The minimum marks required for taking admission is minimum 60% in twelfth and not less than 50% in B.Tech.
- For taking admission in BSC courses a minimum of 12TH education is required with the subject like physics, chemistry, math and English. There should be minimum marks of 60% in physics, Chemistry, Maths and 50% in English.
- Candidates who wants to take admission in B.Tech needs to have clear 12th examination with physics, chemistry, math and English along with at least 60% marks in physics, chemistry, math and 50% in English.
Those candidates for B.Tech who wants to take lateral entry admission need to pass engineering in diploma.
Coming to the Post Graduation Courses
- For M.Tech the candidate should have a graduate engineering degree from a recognized University with a minimum of 60% marks. However, there will be a 5% relaxation for the reserved category candidates
- For MBA the candidate should have a bachelor’s degree from University recognized by the government with at least 50% marks. Apart from this candidates should have 50% marks in English in all 10th, 12th and undergraduate degrees.
Other Essential Eligibility
Apart from the above criteria
- The candidate should have passport and
- Need to pass the medical fitness certificate which will be approved by the doctors of director general of shipping.
Discussing about the Reservation in IMU CET
There will be a reservation in the IMU CET 2020 like every year.
- For SC there will be 15% reservation while
- For ST it will be 7.5%
- A total of 27% reservation will be for OBC candidate and
- 3% for the physically disabled candidate
Also Check: IMU CET Result 2020 Score Card
Examination Pattern of AMU CET
The examination which will be conducted for the candidate will be online mode with all the questions as multiple choice question objectives. Total of 175 questions will be there which is required to be done in 3 hours. Each question will carry one mark and there will be no negative for the wrong answers.
The total number of consists in the examination is
- 25 question from English
- 25 question from general knowledge
- 25 question for general aptitude
- 50 question from Mathematics
- 50 question for physics
The level of examination paper will be different for undergraduate and postgraduate examinations after conducting the examination in the month of June. The result will be available on the official website the candidate need to visit the website and fill the all the details is login ID and password to check the result of IMU. Apart from this an email or SMS will also be sent to the candidate by official authorities about the release of result.
Also Check: IMU CET Cut Off 2020 Rank
How to Join Maritime Courses Without IMU CET 2020
Apart from the IMU CET those candidate who are appearing for the JEE mains can also apply for the maritime engineering courses from different engineering colleges. Those candidate who will get a very good score need to fill the form of maritime courses. For filling the form of JEE Mains through online it has been be started. It is advised to you fill the form and prepare well for the examination to take admission in Maritime courses.
Frequently Asked Questions
Ans. IMU CET examination is conducted by Indian Maritime university.
Ans. Both types of courses that are undergraduate and postgraduate are provided by Indian Maritime University.
Ans. IMU examination result will be declared soon by authorities.
Ans. Apart from the IMU CET examination those candidates who have scored very well in JEE mains can also apply for the maritime courses.