IGNOU B.Sc. Nursing 2020 Application Form: IGNOU B.Sc. Nursing (Post Basic) application procedure for the academic year 2020 has been started from 12th September 2019. Eligible candidates can submit their applications from the official website of IGNOU.
IGNOU B.Sc. Nursing 2020 Application Form
- 1.1 IGNOU B.Sc. Nursing Admission 2020- An Overview
- 1.2 IGNOU B.Sc. Nursing Admission 2020- Important Dates
- 1.3 Eligibility Criteria
- 1.4 Selection Process
- 1.5 Application Form
- 1.6 How to fill the IGNOU B.Sc. Nursing Application Form?
- 1.7 Application Process-
- 1.8 Application Fee
- 1.9 Exam Pattern
- 1.10 IGNOU B.Sc. Nursing Admit Card 2019
- 1.11 IGNOU B.Sc. Nursing Counselling
- 1.12 Important Points
IGNOU B.Sc. Nursing 2020 Application Form
Application submitted in offline mode will not be considered. Candidates should submit applications before the last date. After the due date, they won’t be able to submit their applications. Selection of candidate will be done on the basis of an entrance test known as OPENNET VII. It is scheduled to be conducted in the month of November/ December 2019. Final selection will be made after the counseling round.
For each and every information about IGNOU B.Sc. Nursing Post Basic 2020 Application process, keep reading the article till the end.
IGNOU B.Sc. Nursing Admission 2020- An Overview
|Name of the examination||OPENNET VII|
|Article category||Application form|
|Conducting Authority||Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU)|
|Course offered||B.Sc. Nursing Post Basic|
|Duration of course||3 years|
|Commencement of application process||12th September 2019|
|Mode of application||Online|
Official Prospectus– Download Here
IGNOU B.Sc. Nursing Admission 2020- Important Dates
|Release of online application forms||12th September 2019|
|Last date of submitting application forms||Notified soon|
|Date of entrance test (OPENNET VIII)||November/ December 2019|
|Region-wise counseling||December 2019/ January 2020|
|Final admission||January 2020|
All the candidates must be aware of eligibility criteria before submitting the online application. Interested candidates can check their eligibility criteria given below-
- Serving nurses i.e. Registered Nurses and Registered Midwives (RNRM) who have passed class XII and having three years Diploma in General Nursing and Midwifery (GNM) with minimum experience of two years (after registration as RNRM) in the profession are eligible.
(For male nurses who have not done midwifery in the GNM program, must hold certificate in any of the Nursing courses of duration 6-9 months prescribed by the Indian Nursing Council (INC) instead of midwifery).
- Serving Nurses (RNRM) with class X certificate (Matriculation) or its equivalent with General Nursing and Midwifery (GNM) three years diploma with an experience of minimum five years (after registration as RNRM) in the profession.
For male nurses who have not done midwifery in the GNM program, must hold certificate in any of the Nursing courses of duration 6-9 months prescribed by the Indian Nursing Council (INC) instead of midwifery).
- There is no maximum age limit.
- Applicants having less than two years of experience after RNRM must not apply.
Initial selection of suitable candidates will be done on the basis of applications submitted by the candidates. After the scrutiny of applications, candidates have to appear for the OPENNET VIII the entrance test. Selection of candidates mainly depends on the merit of candidates in the entrance test.
- Applications can be filled only in online mode.
- Physical application forms are not available.
- Before filling the online application, candidate must go through the handbook.
- Candidates must keep all the necessary documents handy before the filling the application form.
How to fill the IGNOU B.Sc. Nursing Application Form?
Applicants can follow the given instructions for submitting online application form-
- Visit the official website of IGNOU i.e. http://www.ignou.ac.in/ or directly https://ignounursing.samarth.edu.in
- Click on the button “NEW REGISTRATION” tab on the homepage of the portal.
- Fill in the UserName and password in the respective fields correctly.
- After entering all the mandatory information click the “SUBMIT” button.
- Username will be sent to the registration email and mobile no.
- Keep the username and password safe for further logins.
- Visit the application portal.
- Click the “Log in” button.
- Before filling the online application form, applicants must have-
- Scanned passport size Photograph (less than 100 KB)
- Scanned Signature (less than 100 KB)
- Fill the required information and upload the scanned document in the requisite format.
- After the final submission of online application form, download the filled in application form, take the printout of the same.
- Enclose the hardcopies and photocopies of all the certificates and documents as prescribed in the handbook which is to be submitted during counseling for the purpose of final admission.
- All the photocopies of documents and certificates should be self-attested.
- Candidates have to make payment of Rs.1000/- as application fee.
- Application fee can be paid by following methods-
– Debit Card (Master/Visa/Rupay)
– Credit Card (Master/Visa)
– Net Banking
- Mode of Exam- Offline (Pen and Paper mode)
Type of Questions- Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs)
- Sections- A, B, C, D, E, F, G, H
- Total marks- 120
- Duration of exam- 2 hours 30 minutes
- Negative Marking- 1/6 negative marking for each wrong answer
IGNOU B.Sc. Nursing Admit Card 2019
All the registered candidates will be issued an admit card at least 10 days before the day of exam. Admit card will also be issued on the official website. Candidates have to download the same and have to carry to the examination center on the day of exam.
IGNOU B.Sc. Nursing Counselling
Candidates qualifying the exam will be called for counseling for final admission. Counseling is expected to start in January 2020 after the declaration of OPENNET VIII result.
At the time of counseling, candidates are required to have following documents with them-
- OPENNET VIII admit card
- Date of birth certificate (10th class certificate).
- Class XII pass certificate.
- Valid RNRM Registration Certificate (as applicable).
- Experience Certificate/s
- GNM Mark sheet (Including mark sheet of all years).
- Certificate from the organization, where candidate is currently working, indicating that he/she is presently working and in service.
- Category Certificate
- Income certificate (in case of OBC- Noncreamy layer candidate
- Two passport size photographs
- Demand draft of `18,000/- in favor of IGNOU, payable at concerned regional center
- Application process is currently active.
- Only online applications will be accepted.
- Candidate are advised to fill all the details clearly in the application form.
- They must submit the application well on time so that they can avoid last mint rush and other issues that may arise.
- Scanned copy of photograph and signature should be uploaded in the format specified by the university.
- All the details related to application and admission will be intimated through the official website and thus all the candidates are advised to stay in touch with same.
Phone No.- 011-29572513, 011-29572514