GVHSS Admission 2021: Kerala has the highest literacy rate in India which showcases the education system of the state. Talking about school education, Kerala focuses on both regular as well as the vocational education system. Government Vocational Higher Secondary Schools (GVHSS) GVHSS schools impart education related to vocational programs. Vocational education to students in GVHSS schools of Kerala is imparted under VHSE curriculum. GVHSS Admissions 2021 are going to start after the completion of secondary exams.
Vocation education and training help students to upgrade their knowledge and skills in their field of interest. Vocational education courses in the school’s education system (at higher secondary level) facilitate students to develop & upgrade their skills and make them job-ready. In Kerala, there are a large number of Government Vocational Higher Secondary Schools in which vocational courses are taught to the students after completing secondary education.
GVHSS Admission 2021
There are various GVHSS schools in Kerala run by the state government so that students coming from financially week sections can get vocational education and on the basis of which they can get employment. These schools include Co-ed schools, schools for only boys and schools for only Girls. GVHSS for Girls, Kozhikode was one of the top-rated government schools in India.
Admission to Higher Secondary i.e., plus one in all the GVHSS across the state is done by VHSE. Admissions are made on the basis of merit in the qualifying exam. Admission process for plus two admissions in GVHS schools is carried out through a single window system. Each candidate has to submit applications through the online portal. On the basis of application received and merit of the students, seats are allotted.
In this article, we will be providing you important information related to GVHSS Admissions, which include admission dates, admission procedure, details of GVHSS schools in the state, application fee, and other related information. You can go through this article to get all the updated information.
GVHSS Admission 2021 at a Glance
|Admission Authority||Vocational Higher Secondary Education (VHSE)|
|Concerned Department||General Education Department, Govt. of Kerala|
|School Type||Government School|
|Affiliated to||State Education Board|
|Class||Higher Secondary (Class 11th & 12th)|
|Courses Offered||Vocational Courses|
|Basis for Admission||Admission|
|Admission Portal||Vhscap (single window system for admission)|
|VHSE Official Website||www.vhse.kerala.gov.in|
GVHSS Admission 2021: Important Dates
|Date of issue of admission notification||To be notified|
|Availability of application form||To be notified|
|Last date of submitting application form||To be notified|
List of top GVHSS in Kerala
There are various GVHS schools in Kerala in which thousands of students are enrolled and gaining knowledge. Below we have shared a list of some of the top GVHSS in Kerala located in different locations. Just have a look-
- Government Vocational Higher Secondary School for Girls, Kozhikode
- Government Vocational Higher Secondary School, Edapally
- Government Vocational Higher Secondary School, Kaipattoor
- Government Mappila Vocational Higher Secondary School, Koyilandy
- Government Vocational Higher Secondary School, Munnar, Kerala
- Govt. Vocational Higher Secondary School, Kozhikode
- Govt. Vocational Higher Secondary School, Arikkulam, Kerala
- Govt. City Vocational Higher Secondary School (CITY VHSS), Thiruvananthapuram
- Vocational Higher Secondary Education, Thiruvananthapuram
- Vocational Higher Secondary School, Ernakulam
- Govt. Vocational & Higher Secondary School, Thiruvananthapuram
- Government Vocational Higher Secondary School cherp, Thrissur
- Government Vocational Higher Secondary School, Ettumanoor
- Government Boys Vocational Higher Secondary School Trippunithura, Kochi
- Government Vocational Higher Secondary School, Elanthoor
- Government Vocational Higher Secondary School, Kalpetta
- Govt. Vocational Higher Secondary School, Koduvally, Thalassery
- Government Vocational Higher Secondary School, Vakery
- Government Vocational Higher Secondary School, Vengara
Eligibility Criteria for GHHSS Admissions 2021
Apart from providing vocational education to higher secondary sections, GVHSS schools also have primary and secondary sections. The eligibility criteria for admission to each section varies. At the time of admissions, parents and students must check the whether the student is fulfilling all the eligibility criteria or not.
Admissions to higher secondary are made only after the publication of Kerala SSLC/ secondary i.e., class 10th board result. Check eligibility criterion for admission to GVHS schools (for Higher Secondary i.e., class 11th) given as under-
- Candidates must have passed secondary examination/ class 10th exam.
- Candidates must fulfil the age criteria fixed by the admission authority.
The complete eligible requirements for GVHSS 2021 admissions will be updated after the publication of official notification.
GVHSS Admission 2021 Process
Check all the details regarding GVHSS admission process here in this section-
- Primary and Secondary Admissions-
Admissions to primary and secondary classes (i.e., from class 1st to class 10th) are easy and done in offline mode. In order to obtain application forms for admission, parents/ guardian have to visit the respective school where they wish to enrol their child. The school authority will provide admission related details and applicants have to follow the same.
- Senior Secondary Admissions-
GVHSS Admissions to Senior Secondary are made through a Common Admission Process. Students who have passed class 10th exams can apply for admissions. Admission forms for GVHSS are released online by VHSE and can be filled through a single window (online portal) for admission i.e., vhscap. Each candidate who wants to get enrolled in GVHSS have to apply through this portal. No offline application shall be accepted and GVHS schools will not provide any applications forms. Students have to fill it online.
After online application process, seat allotment results will be released in various phases. seat allotment result will also be published on the same portal. After the publication of seat allotment result, selected candidates have to report the allotted schools for admission.
Now, have a look at the instructions given below explaining the online application process for GVHSS admissions-
- Begin with opening the official portal. Link for the same is mentioned below in the link section.
- Now, click on the application link.
- Fill the application form by providing all the details asked.
- Upload required documents and preview the application form before final submission.
- Make payment of application fee (if applicable)
- Submit the application form.
- Download, the application form and receipt for references.
Documents Required for GVHS School Admissions
For admissions to Govt vocational schools in Kerala, students are required to have following documents at the time of admission to plus one courses-
- Application form/ Fee Receipt
- A copy of student’s birth certificate (SSLC certificate for Higher Secondary admission) for age proof
- A photo Id/ Aadhaar Card
- Marksheet/ Pass certificate of the qualifying exam
- Transfer certificate (TC) issued by the last school attended
- Character Certificate
- Passport size photograph of the applicant
- Category certificate (if applicable)
|GVHSS Admission 2021 Portal||Click Here|
|GVHSS application portal||Click Here|
|VHSE website||Click Here|
|VHSE GVHSEE 1st year results||Click Here|
|VHSE GVHSEE 2nd year results/ plus two results||Click Here|
GVHSS Admission 2021 official notification has not been released yet. Admissions will start after the publication of Kerala SSLC results.
No entrance test is conducted for admission. Enrolment of eligible students to GVHSS is made on the basis of merit of the students in the qualifying exam i.e. SSLC/class 10th.
Admission to plus one programs in all the GVHSS in Kerala is made under Common Admission Process. Candidates have to apply through an online portal within the specified schedule.
Class 1st to class 10th admissions in all the GVHS schools are conducted offline. Students have to contact the respective schools for admission related details.