GMAT 2020: GMAT (Graduate Management Admission Test) is an international computer-based test conducted for admission of candidates into management programs (such as MBA) offered by various B-schools. It is conducted multiple times in a year by Graduate Management Admission Council (GMAC) at 600 test centers established at 114 countries.
GMAT is basically conducted to test the Quantitative reasoning, verbal reasoning, integrated reasoning, and analytical writing skills of candidates for admission in various management institutes of different countries. GMAT score is valid for 5 years.
In this article, candidates will get information about GMAT 2020 like application procedure, pattern, syllabus, fees, test centers etc.
GMAT 2020 Overview
|Article category||Application details|
|Exam type||International level entrance test|
|Conducting Authority||Graduate Management Admission Council (GMAC)|
|Course offered||Various Management programs|
|Exam frequency||5 times a year|
|Validity of score||5 years|
|Mode of application||Online|
|Mode of examination||Online|
GMAT 2020- Important Exam Dates/ Schedule
As such there are no specific dates for appearing in this exam. GMAT application window is opened throughout the year. Therefore, candidates can register and appear for exam whenever they want.
Candidates cannot appear more than 5 times in the 12-month rolling period and 8 times in a lifetime for GMAT exam even if the score is canceled.
There must be a gap of 16 days between two GMAT exams of a candidate. GMAT provide flexibility to the candidates and allow them to select the date and time of examination as per their choice.
Before filling online the registration form, candidates must ensure that they fulfill the eligibility criteria. As far as GMAT eligibility criterion is concerned there is no official prerequisite.
The general eligibility criterion for GMAT 2020 is given below-
- The applicant of any nationality can apply for GMAT exam.
- Applicants must have completed the age of 18 years.
- There is no upper age limit of the applicants.
Academic Qualification Criteria
There is no specified qualification criterion for GMAT.
- Candidates applying for PG programs must hold a graduation degree from a recognized university.
- Applicant must fulfill the eligibility criteria of the institute in which he/she is interested to get admission in.
GMAT 2020- Application Form
- GMAT 2020 application forms can be filled through the online mode or by calling one of the test centers.
- Candidate can register at the official website.
- Candidates are required to make an appointment at one of the designated test centers to schedule an exam.
- Candidates can appear only 5 times a year and 8 times total for GMAT exam.
- Candidates can select date and exam center for GMAT 2020 examination according to their convenience.
- Candidates must take a printout of the registration form and confirmation letter for future reference.
- The application fee for GMAT 2020 is the US $250.
- GMAT fee for rescheduling the exam is the US $50 and cancelation fee is the US $80.
- GMAT 2020 Application fees can be paid through-
- Online mode- Credit cards/Debit cards/ Master card/ VISA cards/ JCB and American Express.
- Offline mode- Money orders, Cashier’s Cheque, Personal Cheque. All the offline payments must be payable at Pearson VUE-GMAT and should be drawn on a US bank.
GMAT 2020- Exam Pattern
The Exam Pattern for GMAT 2020 is as follows-
- Mode of examination- GMAT is conducted in an online mode (Computer-Based Test)
- Exam duration- The duration of the exam will be 3.5 hours (including instructions and break time).
- Nature of questions- Questions paper will be consists of multiple type questions and one descriptive question.
- Total marks- 800 marks
- Sections- There will be a total 4 sections in the question paper.
|Sections||No of questions||Time (In minutes)||Score range|
|Analytical Writing Assessment||1||30||0-6|
|Total scaled score||200-800|
GMAT 2020- Syllabus
GMAT Question paper will consist of 4 sections. Here we have shared a brief detail about GMAT 2020 syllabus-
- Analytical Writing Assessment section- This will consist of questions like Analysis of an Argument. Candidates will be given an essay or a passage to write. Therefore candidates need to have command on writing and all the currents world issues. This question basically tests the writing skills, clarity, and logic given by the candidates in the argument.
- Integrated Reasoning section- This will include questions such as Table Analysis, Two-Part Analysis, Multi-Source Reasoning, Graphics Interpretation etc.
- Quantitative Reasoning- This section covers two types of questions- Problem Solving and Data Sufficiency. It requires knowledge of topics like Geometry, Ratio Proportions, Exponents and roots, Permutation and combinations, Elementary Algebra, Arithmetic, Properties of Integers etc.
- Verbal Reasoning- This section includes questions like Critical Reasoning, Reading Comprehension and Sentence Correction, Rhetorical construction of the sentences, Reading unseen passages, Parallelism, Subject-verb agreement, Misplace modifiers, Countable Vs Uncountable etc.
GMAT 2020- Test Centers
GMAT 2020 examination will be conducted in the following cities of India-
Ahmedabad, Bangalore, Bhubaneswar, Chennai, Coimbatore, Cochin, Dehradun, Guwahati, Gurgaon, Hyderabad, Indore, Jaipur, Kolkata, Lucknow, Mohali, Manipal, Mysore, Mumbai, Nagpur, New Delhi, Noida, Patiala, Patna, Pilani, Pune, Ranchi, Tiruchirappalli, Trivandrum, Vellore, Vishakhapatnam & Vijayawada .
Candidates are required to select the test centers at the time of registration and slot booking.
GMAT 2020- Admit Card
As such, there is no particular admit card for GMAT 2020 as other entrance exams. The confirmation letter that candidates will get after registration will act as GMAT 2020 admit card.
No, admit card will be uploaded online or sent to any candidates through email or post. Candidates have to download and take a printout of the confirmation letter as it contains the details about the exam date, time and center. Candidates must verify the details on the confirmation letters like candidate’s name, exam slot, center etc. On the day of the exam, candidates have to carry their confirmation letters to the exam center.
- GMAT 2020 score will be declared through the online mode on the official website.
- GMAT score will be announced after three weeks of the examination.
- Candidates will be informed through the emails. Candidates are required to follow the instructions mentioned in the email to download the scorecard.
- If candidates are satisfied with their scores they can send their GMAT scores to institutes in which they want to take admission and if not they can cancel the score and schedule for next GMAT exam after 16 days.
GMAT 2020- Preparation
- Candidate can get the preparation material from the mba.com online store.
- Candidates can also take help of the companies that provide GMAT test preparation. Apart from this applicants can refer previous year GMAT papers, take mock tests, free websites etc.
- Candidates can also join GMAT coaching classes.
In case of any issue related to GMAT 2020, candidates can write to us through the comment box below.