GMAT 2021: GMAT (Graduate Management Admission Test) is an international computer-based test conducted for the admission of candidates into management programs (such as MBA) offered by various B-schools. It is conducted multiple times in a year by the Graduate Management Admission Council (GMAC) at 600 test centers established in 114 countries.
GMAT is basically conducted to test the Quantitative reasoning, verbal reasoning, integrated reasoning, and analytical writing skills of candidates for admission in various management institutes of different countries. GMAT score is valid for 5 years.
In this article, candidates will get information about GMAT 2021 like application procedure, pattern, syllabus, fees, test centers etc.
- 1 GMAT 2021 Online Exam
- 2 GMAT 2021 Overview
- 3 GMAT 2021 Eligibility
- 4 GMAT 2021- Application Form
- 5 Application Fee
- 6 GMAT 2021- Admit Card
- 7 GMAT 2021 Result/ Score
- 8 GMAT 2021- Preparation
GMAT 2021 Online Exam
Due to the prevailing conditions of COVID-19 pandemic, the GMAT authorities have proposed an online and remote proctored method to take the examination. The candidates can appear for the examination at the comfort and safety of their homes.
To take the examination, the candidates must ensure the following requirements to fulfill the GMAT policies and procedures.
Prepare your Environment
- Before the commencement of the examination, the candidate will be asked to take pictures of his/her workspace.
- Make sure that your desktop is neat and tidy.
- There should be no book, notepad, pen, or papers within the arm’s reach of the candidate.
- The candidate may use a physical whiteboard. Keep the dry erase marker and eraser ready.
- Ensure all other electronic items are turned off.
- The candidate must reach at least 15 minutes prior to the examination time.
- The candidates will have the option to either use a physical whiteboard or an online whiteboard to do the rough work.
- A break of 5 mins will be allowed before the start of the Integrated Reasoning Section.
- Physical Whiteboard
- 1 Erasable whiteboard (Dimensions: 30 cm x 50 cm)
- 2 dry erase markers
- 1 dry erase whiteboard eraser
- Online Whiteboard
- Available on the GMAT exam screen.
The candidates are suggested to practice on the online whiteboard beforehand in order to avoid any last-minute hassles.
- ID verification process will take place using AI technology.
- The system will test and check mainly four things:
- Whether your system is fulfilling the software and hardware requirements.
- Verification of Workspace.
- Photo verification via AI technology.
- A current digital photograph must be uploaded to verify the photo ID
During the exam:
- The whole session will be recorded.
- All the other applications must be off during the examination.
- If the candidate is using a physical whiteboard, he has to present the whiteboard – before the commencement of the examination, before the optional break, and before the exam ends.
- If any foreign material is detected, the examination will be terminated.
The candidates must ensure that their system is satisfying the minimum system requirements as prescribed by the officials.
|Operating System||Windows 10|
Mac OS 10.13 & above
|Firewall||Check for the corporate firewall. It is not allowed|
|Display||Min Resolution : 1024 X 768 in 16-bit color|
|Internet Connection||A steady speed of 1 Mbps is required|
|Webcam||Min Resolution : 640 X 480 @ 10fps|
|Sound & Microphone||Check the audio is not turned off.|
|Internet Browser||The latest versions of Firefox, Safari, Microsoft Edge, or Chrome|
|Browser Settings||Internet cookies must be enabled|
|Work Computer||Working on Personal Computers is recommended|
GMAT 2021 Overview
|Article category||Application details|
|Exam type||International level entrance test|
|Conducting Authority||Graduate Management Admission Council (GMAC)|
|Course offered||Various Management programs|
|Exam frequency||5 times a year|
|Validity of score||5 years|
|Mode of application||Online|
|Mode of examination||Online|
|Contact information|| Phone: +91 120 439 7830 |
GMAT 2021- Important Exam Dates/ Schedule
As such there are no specific dates for appearing in this exam. GMAT application window is opened throughout the year. Therefore, candidates can register and appear for exam whenever they want.
Candidates cannot appear more than 5 times in the 12-month rolling period and 8 times in a lifetime for GMAT exam even if the score is canceled.
There must be a gap of 16 days between two GMAT exams of a candidate. GMAT provide flexibility to the candidates and allow them to select the date and time of examination as per their choice.
GMAT 2021 Eligibility
Before filling online the registration form, candidates must ensure that they fulfill the eligibility criteria. As far as GMAT eligibility criterion is concerned there is no official prerequisite.
The general eligibility criterion for GMAT 2021 is given below-
- The applicant of any nationality can apply for GMAT exam.
- Applicants must have completed the age of 18 years.
- There is no upper age limit of the applicants.
Academic Qualification Criteria
There is no specified qualification criterion for GMAT.
- Candidates applying for PG programs must hold a graduation degree from a recognized university.
- Applicant must fulfill the eligibility criteria of the institute in which he/she is interested to get admission in.
GMAT 2021- Application Form
- GMAT 2021 application forms can be filled via online mode or by calling one of the test centers.
- Candidate can register at the official website.
- Candidates are required to make an appointment at one of the designated test centers to schedule an exam.
- They can appear only 5 times a year and 8 times total for GMAT exam.
- Candidates can select date and exam center for GMAT 2021 examination according to their convenience.
- Candidates must take a printout of the registration form and confirmation letter for future reference.
- The application fee for GMAT 2021 is US $250.
- GMAT fee for rescheduling the exam is US $50 and cancelation fee is US $80.
- GMAT 2021 Application fees can be paid through-
- Online mode- Credit cards/Debit cards/ Master card/ VISA cards/ JCB and American Express.
- Offline mode- Money orders, Cashier’s Cheque, Personal Cheque. All the offline payments must be payable at Pearson VUE-GMAT and should be drawn on a US bank.
GMAT 2021- Exam Pattern
The Exam Pattern for GMAT 2021 is as follows-
- Mode of examination- GMAT is conducted in an online mode (Computer-Based Test)
- Exam duration- The duration of the exam will be 3.5 hours (including instructions and break time).
- Nature of questions- Questions paper will be consists of multiple type questions and one descriptive question.
- Total marks- 800 marks
- Sections- There will be a total 4 sections in the question paper.
|Sections||No of questions||Time (In minutes)||Score range|
|Analytical Writing Assessment||1||30||0-6|
|Total scaled score||200-800|
GMAT 2021- Syllabus
GMAT Question paper will consist of 4 sections. Here we have shared a brief detail about GMAT 2021 syllabus-
- Analytical Writing Assessment section- This will consist of questions like Analysis of an Argument. Candidates will be given an essay or a passage to write. Therefore candidates need to have command on writing and all the currents world issues. This question basically tests the writing skills, clarity, and logic given by the candidates in the argument.
- Integrated Reasoning section- This will include questions such as Table Analysis, Two-Part Analysis, Multi-Source Reasoning, Graphics Interpretation etc.
- Quantitative Reasoning- This section covers two types of questions- Problem Solving and Data Sufficiency. It requires knowledge of topics like Geometry, Ratio Proportions, Exponents and roots, Permutation and combinations, Elementary Algebra, Arithmetic, Properties of Integers etc.
- Verbal Reasoning- This section includes questions like Critical Reasoning, Reading Comprehension and Sentence Correction, Rhetorical construction of the sentences, Reading unseen passages, Parallelism, Subject-verb agreement, Misplace modifiers, Countable Vs Uncountable etc.
Schedule your GMAT Examination
Applicants, now it’s so easy for all of you that now you can schedule your exam day while at home through online, phone, postal mail or even fax. And you can pay the exam fee through debit/credit/money order.
Through online you need to visit the official website and login to the account and schedule it from there.
From phone, you may call GMAT customer care number of your region for this service you will be charged additionally US $10
Through mail: fill the form online and mail it with the application fee details.
Fax– for this you need to contact the customer of your region.
Note: You can re-schedule or cancel the exam date but for that, you need to pay some charges.
GMAT 2021- Test Centers
GMAT 2021 examination will be conducted in the following cities of India-
Ahmedabad, Bangalore, Bhubaneswar, Chennai, Coimbatore, Cochin, Dehradun, Guwahati, Gurgaon, Hyderabad, Indore, Jaipur, Kolkata, Lucknow, Mohali, Manipal, Mysore, Mumbai, Nagpur, New Delhi, Noida, Patiala, Patna, Pilani, Pune, Ranchi, Tiruchirappalli, Trivandrum, Vellore, Vishakhapatnam & Vijayawada .
Candidates are required to select the test centers at the time of registration and slot booking.
GMAT 2021- Admit Card
As such, there is no particular admit card for GMAT 2021 as other entrance exams. The confirmation letter that candidates will get after registration will act as GMAT 2021 admit card.
No, admit card will be uploaded online or sent to any candidates through email or post. Candidates have to download and take a printout of the confirmation letter as it contains the details about the exam date, time and center. Candidates must verify the details on the confirmation letters like candidate’s name, exam slot, center etc. On the day of the exam, candidates have to carry their confirmation letters to the exam center.
GMAT 2021 Result/ Score
- GMAT 2021 score will be declared through the online mode on the official website.
- GMAT score will be announced after three weeks of the examination.
- Candidates will be informed through the emails. Candidates are required to follow the instructions mentioned in the email to download the scorecard.
- If candidates are satisfied with their scores they can send their GMAT scores to institutes in which they want to take admission and if not they can cancel the score and schedule for next GMAT exam after 16 days.
GMAT 2021- Preparation
- Candidate can get the preparation material from the mba.com online store.
- Candidates can also take help of the companies that provide GMAT test preparation. Apart from this applicants can refer previous year GMAT papers, take mock tests, free websites etc.
- Candidates can also join GMAT coaching classes.
In case of any issue related to GMAT 2021, candidates can write to us through the comment box below.
To download the information Handout: Click here