GATE 2021 Application form Correction: Those applicants who had submitted the GATE application form and after its submission looking for some modification in their details or during the form submission you didn’t validate your details properly and later discovered that you have done some mistakes in it and now keep on wondering how to rectify it? So we would like to inform you that such details can be rectified through GATE correction form which will be available on the university website. So if you are one of the aspirants who is looking to make changes in their application and wanted to know its process and details which they can rectify, then for such information they need to read this article till the end.
Note: It is to be noted that the facility of modification or correction is a one-time facility.
- 1 GATE 2021 Application Form Correction
- 2 GATE 2021 Application form Correction Fee
- 3 GATE 2021 Application form Defect
GATE 2021 Application Form Correction
GATE 2021 Application correction window for the year 2021 is closed now. The last date to edit the same is 23rd November 2020. Through this GATE 2021 correction form, applicants get the opportunity to correct their GATE Exam city, category, paper, and other details. GATE correction form was available in applicant login which they can access through their enrollment ID and password and for every correction applicant need to pay charges which are applicable as per the change they wanted to do so.
GATE 2021 Overview
- GATE 2021 Application form
- GATE 2021 Exam Dates
- GATE 2021 Form Correction
- GATE 2021 Admit Card
- GATE 2021 Answer Key
- GATE 2021 Exam Pattern
- GATE 2021 Syllabus
- GATE 2021 Exam Guidelines
- GATE 2021 Preparation Tips
- GATE 2021 Books
- GATE 2021 Results
GATE Application Correction Online
Several times we saw that candidates didn’t go through the official notification carefully and after having a cursory glance at the notification they immediately move towards the application form and also while submitting the application they didn’t review their details properly which lead to errors in their application form.
Such candidates who made an error in their application form can rectify their error by submitting the GATE correction application form which will be available in the portal as per the schedule. If you are looking for any modification then you have to pay a charge for it whose details have been discussed below but before that have a look at the details which can be rectified.
List of correction applicable in GATE Correction form
If you are wondering whether the modification you are looking for is available or not then do not need to be worried because below we have piled up the list of details that are available in the GATE Correction form.
- Applicant who want to make changes in their exam cities
- Changes in existing paper
- Looking to add second paper (from combination available w.r.t to primary paper)
- College name
- Father name
- Contact details
- Education qualification
- Any other changes
GATE 2021 Application form Correction Fee
If an applicant opts for the facility to change or modification in their application then they need to pay the charge as applicable and the details for the same is given below:
|Examination cities||Free of cost|
|Modification of existing paper||Rs 500/-|
|To add second paper (In respect to primary paper)||Rs 500/-|
|Modification of gender to female||Rs 500/-|
|Modification of gender from female to other||Rs 500/- + Rs 750/- (Total 1250)|
|Category modifying to SC/ST||Rs 500/-|
|Category modifying from SC/ST to other||Rs 500/- + Rs 750/- (Total Rs 1250)|
|Modification from Non-PWD to PWD||Rs 500/-|
|Modification from PWD to Non-PWD||Rs 500/- + Rs 750/- (Total Rs 1250)|
|For any other changes which are not mentioned in the list||Rs 500/-|
GATE Correction in Application form Date
Those who are looking to make changes in their application form need to know that this service will be available for some period only and you need to rectify your error in the time allotted. Have a look at the important dates related to gate application form correction for 2021 which is given below:
|After the first round of scrutiny, last date of intimation to registered candidates by zonal office is||26th October 2020|
|Re-opening of GOAPS portal for successfully registered candidates for one time modification in their application form||28th October 2020|
|Last date for modification in category, city, & Exam paper||13th Nov. 2020|
|Re-opening of GOAPS portal to make final correction in their application||17th to 23rd Nov. 2020|
How to make Changes in the GATE 2021 Application form?
- As the details modification can be done through GATE Online Application Processing System (GOAPS) so the applicant needs to login to it first and…
- For that, they need to submit their details like enrollment ID/Email address and password
- After submitting the same applicant dashboard will appear.
- Here you need to select the required option which you are looking for modification.
- After selecting the same, a window will pop up in which your details will be mentioned.
- After this, the GATE 2021 application form submitted will open.
- Now in this, you can edit your details and after doing the same press the submit change tab
GATE Correction Application form status
After doing modification through the GATE correction application form you must check the status of the application, whether the details you have submitted for changes have been accepted or not. And this correction status can be checked through their respective login and if you found a status that…
- Your application is found to be in order & it has been accepted it means the changes you have done is accepted but…
- If the message display that the status is under scrutiny then it means your request for correction is under scrutiny and will receive changes soon.
GATE 2021 List of Rejected Application form
After receiving the application form successfully authority publish the list of rejected application form mentioning the cause of rejection and GATE admit card will not be issued to such candidates. This list will be available on the official portal of the university and such list will be of three types such as:
- Application form which has been rejected due to duplicity.
- Those who have submitted multiple applications.
- Those who didn’t fulfill the eligibility criteria as mentioned in the notification.
GATE 2021 Application form Defect
During the submission of the GATE Application, in case you didn’t notice any error in the application then you can cross check the same by two methods.
- First, you have to simply log in to the correction form and check the details submitted carefully and it can be rectified from there itself if you do so. Whereas,
- If officials found any mistake in the application form then you will be notified through your registered email id mentioning the defect and how you can rectify the same.
Yes, but only after such window is available by the authority.
Yes, you can opt such facility through GATE application form correction.
No, it will be done only through GOAPS portal.