GATE 2023: IIT Kanpur is the conducting body of GATE 2023 and the university has released the GATE 2023 schedule and information brochure in its portal. Eligible candidates may submit their application whose window is live from 30 August 2022 and remain open till 7th October (without late fee). Application forms will be filled only through the online mode as no other mode of application will be made available. Offline application, in any case, will not be accepted by the concerned authority. To know more about GATE 2023 then you may check this article and also visit the GATE 2023 official website.
Update: GATE 2023 Application correction window is live now.
About GATE 2023 Entrance Exam
Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) is a National Level exam conducted jointly by seven Indian Institute of Technology (IITs) and the Indian Institute of Sciences (IISc), Bangalore on the behalf of MHRD, Govt. of India.
GATE for the year 2023 is going to be conducted by IIT Kanpur last year it was conducted by IIT Kharagpur. It is basically conducted for admission of eligible candidates to the postgraduate programs and doctoral programs in Engineering/ Architecture/ Technology in various institutes supported by MHRD. Through this exam, candidates can also get entry to various Public Sector Undertakings (PSUs) of the country. Also, some institutions offer scholarships and for this, a valid GATE scorecard is required.
It is open to all national and international candidates.GATE score can be used for admission to post-graduation programs and also for the purpose of employment in PSUs.
Candidates aspiring to join the IITs must fill out the online application form before the last date to avoid various issues that may arise at the last date such, as network, connectivity, server issues, application fee issues, etc. Information brochures for GATE 2023 are available on the website. All the information related to GATE 2023 will be made available on its official website.
In this article, candidates are going to get all the necessary information about GATE 2023 such as the online application process, application date, eligibility criteria, application fee, exam pattern, syllabus, admit card, result, etc.
GATE 2023 Application Registration- At a Glance
|Name of the exam||Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE)|
|Organizing Authority||IIT, Kanpur|
|Ministry||Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD), Govt. of India|
|Type of exam||National Level Entrance Test|
|Course offered||PG courses (Masters and Doctoral)|
|Application system||Gate Online Application Processing System (GOAPS)|
|Mode of application||Online|
|Validity of score||3 years|
|Registration Link||Check Below|
GATE 2023 Application Form- Schedule/ Important Dates
Check the application schedule for the exam activities shared below-
|Opening date of GATE Online Application Processing System (GOAPS)||30 August|
|Closing date for submission of online application||7 October|
|Closing date for submission of online application (with late fee)||16 October|
|Last date for change in submitted application||8 to 14 November|
|Availability of admit card||3 January 2023|
|Gate Exam- From noon- 9:30 am to 12:30 pm Afternoon- 2:30 pm to 5:30 pm||4, 5, 11, 12 Feb 2023|
|Announcement of result||16 March|
GATE 2023 Key Links
|Download||GATE 2023 Information Brochure|
|Apply||GATE 2023 Application Link|
|Exam Cities||GATE 2023 Exam City|
|Visit||GATE 2023 Official Website|
GATE Eligibility Criteria
Before applying for GATE 2023, applicants should check their eligibility criteria. They must ensure that they fulfill all the essential conditions so that they can fill the application form. Only eligible candidates should fill the application form. Any candidate found to be ineligible at any stage of the admission process will get his/her candidature cancelled.
As there are multiple subjects/papers in GATE, eligibility conditions for each paper will be different, Candidates can have a look at the eligibility requirement of each paper given as under-
- Applications are open to all national and international candidates.
- There is no age limit.
- B.E./B.Tech./B.Pharma- Applicants should be having a bachelor degree in Engineering Technology (4 years after class 12th or 3 years after B.Sc./Diploma in Engineering/Technology). (Currently, he should be in 3rd year/higher grade/ or completed) and the expected year of completion should be 2024.
- B. Arch.- candidates should have a 5-year bachelor’s degree or 4 year naval architecture or planning. (Currently, he should be in 3rd year/higher grade/ or completed) and the expected year of completion for 5 year course should be 2025 and for 4 year is 2024.
- B.Sc. (Research)/ B.S- Applicants should have a bachelor’s degree in Science (post-diploma/ 4 years 10+2). (Currently, he should be in 3rd year/higher grade/ or completed) and the expected year of completion is 2024.
- Pharma. D- 6 years of program including internship of residency training during the last year. (Currently, he should be in 3rd/4th/5th/6th year or already completed) The Year of qualification should not be later than 2026.
- MBBS: MBBS degree holder and applicants currently who are in 5th/6th/7th semester or already completed. the year of completion should not be later than 2023.
- M.Sc./MA/ MCA/ or equivalent- PG in any branch of Science/ Mathematics/ Computer Applications/ Statistics or equivalent. (Currently, he should be in 1st year/ or higher / or completed) Year of qualification should not be later than 2024.
- Int. M.E./ M.Tech (Post B.Sc.)- 4 year post-B.Sc Integrated Master’s degree programs in Engineering/ Technology (Currently, he should be in 1st/2nd/3rd/4th year or completed).
- Int. M.E./ M.Tech or Dual Degree (after Diploma or 10+2)- 5 years Integrated Master’s degree program or dual degree program in Engineering/Technology. (Currently, he should be in 3rd/4th/5th year/or completed) Year of qualification should not be later than 2025.
- Int. M.E./ Int. B.S.-M.Sc.- Applicants should have Integrated M.Sc or 5 years integrated B.S.- M.S program degree (Currently, he should be in 3rd year/higher grade/ or completed) completed not later than 2025.
- Professional Society Examinations (equivalent to B.E./ B.Tech.B.Arch.)- passed B.E./ B.Tech/B.Arch. equivalent examination conducted by UPSC/AICTE/MHRD.
Final year appearing candidates are also eligible provided they have to pass the qualifying exam within the time stipulated to them.
Candidates who have already passed the qualifying exam have to submit the provisional certificate/ degree certificate/ course completion certificate/ membership certificate or professional certificate issued by the society or institute. They have to upload all the eligibility certificates online at the time of application.
GATE 2023 Application Process
Application forms will be made available on GOAPS portal. GOAPS is user-friendly and provides a self-explanatory interface to the candidates. They must keep following points in mind before filling the application form through the GOAPS website-
- Application forms can be filled only through online mode.
- They must have a valid mobile no. and email id.
- Only one candidate can register through one email.
- They must be ready with the scanned copy of the documents to be uploaded in the application form.
- They must read all the instructions carefully written on the information brochure.
- All the details should be entered carefully and correctly.
How to fill the GATE 2023 Online Application Form?
GATE 2023 candidates can follow the given instructions to fill the online application form-
- Applicants have to start by visiting the GOAPS 2023 official portal.
- They have to click on the apply link.
- Now, they have to select the “registration link”.
- Enter all the information such as name, email, mobile no. etc.
- Now, an enrollment ID and password will be generated.
- Keep ID and password safe for future logins.
Application form submission
After successful registration, they have to fill the online application form. For that, they can follow the steps given below-
- Login to the GOAPS portal with the enrolment ID and password.
- After login in, click on the application link.
- Starting with personal information, eligibility information, exam centre choice, etc.
- Upload scanned images of all the supporting documents.
- Make a payment of the requisite application fee.
- Check the filled details carefully before final submission.
- Click on final submission button.
- Take a printout of the filled-in application form for references in the future.
Supporting Documents for GATE 2023 Application
Candidates have to upload a scanned copy of all the supporting documents in the application form in the format mentioned in the information brochure. The detail of supporting documents is shared below-
- Eligibility certificates
- Caste/ category certificate (SC/ST)
- PWD certificate
- Dyslexic certificate
Applicants are advised to refer brochure for complete information about supporting documents.
GATE 2023 Application Fee
The application fee details are as follows for Indian and candidates from outside India-
|For Exam Center in India||On or Before 1st Last date||During the Extended Period|
|For exam centres outside India for all candidates||–||–|
|For India Centers||1700$||2200$|
|Colombo, Dhaka, Addis Ababa and Kathmandu||US$ 100||US$ 150|
|Singapore and Dubai||US$ 200||US$ 250|
The application fee is to be paid online mode and is non-refundable.
Scrutiny and Rectification of GATE Application form
After the completion of application procedure, for the accuracy of data, all the applications submitted by the applicants will be scrutinized. Under this purpose, only those applications will be accepted in which everything will be in order.
Any defect found in the application during scrutiny will be marked and communicated to the respective applicants for rectification. They will also be intimated through an email or SMS. Candidates have to rectify all the errors in the application form within the stipulated time frame. Failing to rectify errors within the given time will lead to the rejection of application.
GATE 2023 Exam pattern
|Mode of test||CBT|
|Duration of test||3 hours (180 minutes)|
|Number of paper||29|
|Section of test||GA and Candidates selected subject|
|Question to test abilities based on||Recall, Comprehension, Application, and Analysis & synthesis|
|Total number of questions||GA: 10 Subject selected: 55 Total: 65|
|Marks distribution (except paper CY, AR, EY, GC, MA, PH, XL, and XH)||GA: 15 marks Engineering mathematics: 13 Marks Subject based: 72 marks|
|Marks distribution in CY, AR, EY, GC, MA, PH, XL, and XH||GA: 15 marks Subject based: 85 marks Total: 100 marks|
|Marking Scheme||question will be on 1 and 2 marks|
|Negative Marking||For each wrong attempt in MCQ, one third of marks will be deducted|
but there is no negative marking in MSQ and NAT
GATE 2022 detailed marking scheme is given as:
GATE 2023 Syllabus
GATE 2023 will be conducted for total papers. The syllabus of all the papers will vary. However, the General Aptitude section of the paper will be common in all papers.
Candidates can check the names of all the papers of GATE along with their subject code and syllabus link shared below-
Candidates can refer to previous year’s papers provided on the official website for practice and preparation. They can check it from the given link for their respective subject- Check Here
Important Points regarding GATE 2023 Application form
- GATE 2023 application forms can be filled online only.
- No physical applications will be accepted.
- After submission of the online application, any change in paper or other information in the application form will not be permitted.
- In case of multiple applications, only one application will be considered and fee will not be refunded for rest of the applications.
- After final submission of the application form, candidates can check their application status on GOAPS.
- Candidates should keep the enrolment ID safe till the completion of admission procedure.
- Candidates should rectify the marked details within the given time period otherwise the application will be rejected.
- Candidates should visit GOAPS on a regular basis for all the updates regarding GATE 2022 pre-exam and post-exam activities.
GATE 2023 Zone wise contact details
If any candidates have any queries related to GATE 2022 then they can also contact their zonal gate office at following number or can also send them email.