GATE 2020 official schedule has been released. The exam is for the year 2020 is scheduled to be conducted in the month of February 2020. The online application system will start from 3rd September 2019.
GATE 2020 will be organized by the Indian Institute of Technology (IIT, Delhi). Eligible candidates would be able to apply from 3rd September 2019. Application forms will be filled only through the online mode as no other mode of application will be made available. Offline application, in any case, will not be accepted by the concerned authority.
GATE 2020 Entrance Exam
Candidates aspiring to join the IITs must fill the online application form before the last date to avoid various issues that may arise at the last date such, network, connectivity, server issues, application fee issues, etc. Information brochure for GATE 2020 will be made available soon. All the information related to GATE 2020 will be made available at its official website.
In this article, candidates are going to get all the necessary information about GATE 2020 such as online application process, application date, eligibility criteria, application fee, exam pattern, syllabus, admit card, result, etc.
GATE 2020 Application- At a Glance
|Name of the exam||Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE)|
|Organizing Authority||IIT, Delhi|
|Ministry||Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD), Govt. of India|
|Type of exam||National Level Entrance Test|
|Course offered||PG courses (Masters and Doctoral)|
|Application system||Gate Online Application Processing System (GOAPS)|
|Application Application processing||3rd September 2019|
|Mode of application||Online|
|Validity of score||3 years|
GATE 2020 Application Form- Schedule/ Important Dates
Check the application schedule for the exam activities shared below-
|Opening date of GATE Online Application Processing System (GOAPS)||3rd September 2020||Tuesday|
|Closing date for submission of online application||1st October 2020||Tuesday|
|Last date for requesting change of examination city||15th November 2020||Friday|
|Availability of admit card||3rd January 2020||Friday|
|Gate Exam- From noon- 9:30 am to 12:30 pm Afternoon- 2:30 pm to 5:30 pm||1st February 2020 2nd February 2020 8th February 2020 9th February 2020||Saturday Sunday Saturday Sunday|
|Announcement of result||16th March 2019||Monday|
Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) is a national level exam conducted jointly by seven Indian Institute of Technology (IITs) and Indian Institute of Sciences (IISc), Bangalore on the behalf of MHRD, Govt. of India.
GATE for the year 2020 is going to be conducted by IIT. Delhi. It is basically conducted for admission of eligible candidates to the postgraduate programs and doctoral programs in Engineering/ Architecture/ Technology in various institutes supported by MHRD. Through this exam, candidates can also get entry to various Public Sector Undertakings (PSUs) of the country.
It is open to all national and international candidates.GATE score can be used for admission to post-graduation programs and also for the purpose of employment in PSUs.
GATE Eligibility Criteria
Before applying for GATE 2020, applicants should check their eligibility criteria. They must ensure that they fulfill all the essential conditions so that they can fill the application form. Only eligible candidates should fill the application form. Any candidate found to be ineligible at any stage of the admission process will get his/her candidature canceled.
As there are multiple subjects/papers in GATE, eligibility condition for each paper will be different, Candidates can have a look at the eligibility requirement of each paper given as under-
Check Here >>> Kerala Plus Two Result 2020
- Applications are open to all the national and international candidates.
- There is no age limit.
Released Here >> CBSE 12th Result 2020 date
- B.E./B.Tech./B.Pharma- Applicants should be having a bachelor degree in Engineering Technology (4 years after class 12th or 3 years after B.Sc./Diploma in Engineering/Technology) and year of qualification should not be later than 2020.
- B.Arch.- candidates should have a 5-year bachelor degree that should not be qualified later than 2020.
- B.Sc. (Research)/ B.S- Applicants should have a bachelor’s degree in Science (post-diploma/ 4 years 10+2). Year of qualification should not be later than 2020.
- Pharma. D- 6 years of program including internship of residency training during the last year. Year of qualification should not be later than 2022.
- M.Sc./MA/ MCA/ or equivalent- PG in any branch of Science/ Mathematics/ Computer Applications/ Statistics or equivalent. Year of qualification should not be later than 2020.
- Int. M.E./ M.Tech (Post B.Sc.)- 4 year post-B.Sc Integrated Master’s degree programs in Engineering/ Technology should be completed not later than 2022.
- Int. M.E./ M.Techor Dual Degree (after Diploma or 10+2)- 5 years Integrated Master’s degree program or dual degree program in Engineering/Technology. Year of qualification should not be later than 2021.
- Int. M.E./ Int. B.S.-M.S.- Applicants should have Integrated M.Sc or 5 years integrated B.S.- M.S program degree completed not later than 2020.
- Professional Society Examinations (equivalent to B.E./ B.Tech.B.Arch.)- passed B.E./ B.Tech/B.Arch. equivalent examination conducted by UPSC/AICTE/MHRD.
Final year appearing candidates are also eligible provided they have to pass the qualifying exam within the time stipulated to them.
Candidates who have already passed the qualifying exam in 2019 or before have to submit the provisional certificate/ degree certificate/ course completion certificate/ membership certificate or professional certificate issued by the society or institute. They have to upload all the eligibility certificates online at the time of application.
GATE 2020 Application Process
Application forms will be made available on GOAPS portal from 3rd of September 2019. GOAPS is user-friendly and provides self-explanatory interface to the candidates. They must keep following points in mind before filling the application form through the GOAPS website-
Check Here >>> TN 12th public Result 2020 Date
- Application forms can be filled only through online mode.
- They must have a valid mobile no. and email id.
- Only one candidate can register through one email.
- They must be ready with the scanned copy of the documents to be uploaded in the application form.
- They must read all the instructions carefully written on the information brochure.
- All the details should be entered carefully and correctly.
How to fill the GATE 2020 Online Application Form?
GATE 2020 candidates can follow the given instructions to fill the online application form-
- Applicants have to start by visiting the GOAPS 2020 official portal.
- They have to click on the apply link.
- Now, they have to select the “registration link”.
- Enter all the information such as name, email, mobile no. etc.
- Now, an enrollment ID and password will be generated.
- Keep ID and password safe for future logins.
Filling of Application Form-
After successful registration, they have to fill the online application form. For that, they can follow the steps given below-
- Login the GOAPS portal with the enrolment ID and password.
- After login, click on the application link.
- Starting personal information, eligibility information, exam center choice, etc.
- Upload scanned images of all the supporting documents.
- Make payment of the requisite application fee.
- Check the filled details carefully before final submission.
- Click on final submission button.
- Take a printout of the filled-in application form for references in the future.
Candidates have to upload a scanned copy of all the supporting documents in the application form in the format mentioned in the information brochure. The detail of supporting documents is shared below-
- Eligibility certificates
- Caste/ category certificate (SC/ST)
- PWD certificate
- Dyslexic certificate
Applicants are advised to refer brochure for complete information about supporting documents.
Jald aane wala hai CBSE Board 10th Results 2020
GATE 2020 Application Fee
The application fee details are as follows for Indian and candidates from outside India-
|For Exam Center in India||On or Before 1st October 2019||During the Extended Period|
|For exam center outside India for all candidates||–||–|
|Colombo, Dhaka, Addis Ababa and Kathmandu||US$ 50||US$ 70|
|Singapore and Dubai||US$ 100||US$ 120|
Application fee is to be paid through the online mode and will non-refundable.
Scrutiny and Rectification of Application form
After the completion of application procedure, for the accuracy of data, all the applications submitted by the applicants will be scrutinized. Under this purpose, only those applications will be accepted in which everything will be in order.
Any defect found in the application during scrutiny will be marked and communicated to the respective applicants for rectification. They will also be intimated through an email or SMS. Candidates have to rectify all the errors in the application form within the stipulated time-frame. Failing to rectify errors within the given time will lead to the rejection of application.
GATE 2020 Syllabus
GATE 2020 will be conducted for total papers. The syllabus of all the paper will vary. However, the General Aptitude section of the paper will be common in all papers.
Candidates can check the names of the all the papers of GATE along with their subject code and syllabus link shared below-
|Aerospace Engineering||AE||Check Here|
|Agricultural Engineering||AG||Check Here|
|Architecture and Planning||AR||Check Here|
|Biomedical Engineering||BM||Check Here|
|Civil Engineering||CE||Check Here|
|Chemical Engineering||CH||Check Here|
|Computer Sci. & IT||CS||Check Here|
|Electronics & Communication Engg.||EC||Check Here|
|Ecology and Evolution||EY||Check Here|
|Electrical Engineering||EE||Check Here|
|Geology and Geophysics||GG||Check Here|
|Instrumentation Engineering||IN||Check Here|
|Mining Engineering||MN||Check Here|
|Metallurgical Engineering||MT||Check Here|
|Petroleum Engineering||PE||Check Here|
|Production and Industrial Engineering||PI||Check Here|
|Textile Engineering and Fibre Sciences||TF||Check Here|
|Engineering Mathematics||XE-A||Check Here|
|Fluid Mechanics||XE-B||Check Here|
|Material Sciences||XE-C||Check Here|
|Solid Mechanics||XE-D||Check Here|
|Polymer Science and Engineering||XE-F||Check Here|
|Food Technology||XE-G||Check Here|
|Atmospheric and Oceanic Sciences||XE-H||Check Here|
|Food Technology||XL-U||Check Here|
Candidates can refer to previous year papers provided on the official website for practice and preparation. They can check it from the given link for their respective subject- Check Here
GATE 2020 Admit Card will be made available only on GOAPS portal on the notified date. No hard copy of admit card will be dispatched to any candidate. Candidate will indicate information about exam date, time and examination center. Every candidate to carry the printed copy of Admit Card with them at the exam center on the day of the exam.
GATE 2020 Result
After the conduct of exam, GATE 2020 result will be announced on 16th March 2020. Result will also be made available on GOAPS along with information of all post-examination activities.
Important Points regarding GATE 2020 Application form
- GATE 2020 application forms can be filled through the online mode.
- No physical applications will be accepted.
- After submission of the online application, any change in paper or other information in the application form will not be permitted.
- In case of multiple application, only one application will be considered without the refund of fee of remaining applications.
- After final submission of the application form, candidates can check their application status on GOAPS.
- Candidates should keep the enrolment ID safe till the completion of admission procedure.
- Candidates should rectify the marked details within the given time period otherwise the application will be rejected.
- Candidates should visit GOAPS on a regular basis for all the updates regarding GATE 2020 pre-exam and post-exam activities.