FMGE 2021: The National Board of Examination (NBE) invite applications for Medical Council of India Screening Test (FMGE) for June and December 2021 sessions. This examination is also commonly known as FMGE. The notification for this exam was released on April 2021 whereas the application submission is likely to be started from the next day of publication of the notification. Those who are interested in applying for this exam can submit application forms only in online mode as no other mode is applicable. FMGE 2021 (June session) exam is going to be conducted on 18th June 2021.
Foreign Medical Graduate Examination (FMGE) is basically a screening test conducted biannually by the National Board of Examination. NBE is responsible for conducting the exam, publishing the result, and forwarding the result to the Medical Council of India and to other state authorities concerned. FMGE is a mandatory screening test for all the students who have obtained a medical degree from countries outside India and wish to practice medicine in India. Without qualifying FMGE such students are not permitted to pursue medical practice in India.
UPDATE: FMGE 2021 June session screening test date is out. Exam will be conducted on 18th June 2021. Application link will be updated below.
Those who are looking for information on FMGE 2021 will get all the necessary details here. In this article we have shared all the latest updates on FMGE 2021 test such as fmge 2021 june application forms, application-exam dates, eligibility, exam pattern, fmge syllabus 2021 pdf, admit card, result, and other fmge 2021 news.
FMGE 2021 Examination- An Overview
|Name of the exam||Foreign Medical Graduate Examination (FMGE)|
|Conducting Authority||National Board of Examination (NBE)|
|Type of test||Screening Test|
|Session||June Session 2021|
|Exam Frequency||Twice a year (June session and December session)|
|Purpose||Mandatory for Indian students (having medical degree from abroad) to practice medicine in India|
|Application submission process||Online|
|Date of submission of application||To be notified|
|Information Bulletin||Available Soon|
Foreign Medical Graduate Examination (FMGE) 2021- Important Dates
Have a look at the timeline of the important events of FMGE 2021 December session exam given in the table below-
|Release of notification||April 2021|
|Commencement of online application||April 2021|
|Last date for online application||May 2021|
|Edit window for all the candidates||May 2021|
|Final edit window for rectification of images||May 2021|
|Date of issue of admit card||May/June 2021|
|Date of Exam||18th June 2021|
|Publication of Result||Notified later|
Candidates who wish to apply for FMGE must fulfill all the eligibility requirements. Candidature of applicant will be canceled if found ineligible at any stage (even after the announcement of result or pass certificate issued to the candidate). Check the eligibility details given as under-
- Candidate who is Indian citizen or Overseas Citizen of India is eligible to apply.
- It is compulsory for every applicant to have a primary medical qualification and it should be confirmed by the concerned Indian Embassy in the respective country.
- The final exam result of the said qualification must have been declared on or before the notified date.
Check complete details on eligibility requirements below-
FMGE Application Form Submission Process
Application window for screening test is active now and those who wish to apply should submit their application before the expiry of last date. Those who are wondering how to fill application form online can refer to this section. Here, we have shared the instructions for online application in various steps. So, scroll down and have a look at the application process-
- Step 1- Visit the official portal of NBE i.e. https://natboard.edu.in/ or https://nbe.edu.in/.
- Step 2- On this page, hit the FMGE December session 2021 link.
- Step 3- Now, go through the information bulletin and other instructions regarding application process before moving further.
- Step 4- Click on the “New Registration” tab.
- Step 5- Enter all the information asked in the user registration form in order to generate User/application ID & password.
- Step 6- On successful registration login details i.e. user Id and password will be sent to the candidate via email and SMS. Applicants are therefore advised to fill valid mobile number and email address in the registration form.
- Step 7- Now, login with the details and application form will appear.
- Step 8- Fill all the details correctly in the application form. Upload the documents (scanned image of candidate’s passport-sized Photograph, signature, thumb impression and other documents) prescribed format.
- Step 9- Select the test city and make payment of the application fee.
- Step 10- Mark the agree tab given in the declaration. Click on Submit button.
- Step 11- Lastly, take a printout of the filled-in application form. Also print the transaction ID for future records.
Applicants have to pay the application fee as prescribed by the examining authority. Applicants can submit their application fee through online payment gateways using their credit or debit cards. It is to be noted note that application fee is not-refundable and any plea regarding carried forward or adjustment of application fee will not be considered. Check the application fee details shared as under-
|Examination Fee||GST applied @ 18%||Total Fee|
|Rs.5500/-||Rs.990/-||Rs.6490/- plus charges applicable at various payment gateways.|
- FMGE is a Computer-Based Test which consists of Multiple Choice Questions
- There will be only one paper that will be divided into two parts and there will be a scheduled break between these two parts.
- Medium of Exam– English
- Total questions– 150 in each part
- Duration of exam– 150 minutes for each part
- Negative marking– No
- Total Marks– 300
- Passing marks– 150
- Provision for revaluation of marks- No
Once the application process concluded, admit cards shall be issued to the registered candidates whose applications will be approved by NBE. Admit cards will be issued most probably in the last week of May or in the 1st week of June 2021. FMGE admit card will be available to download from official portal a few days before the exam and it’s a must for all to carry it on exam day along with required documents.
CLICK HERE TO APPLY ONLINE FOR FMGE 2021 (JUNE)– Application link to be available in April tentatively
Once the exam will be conducted, NBE will start the evaluation of answer sheets and preparation of result. Result is scheduled to be declared by end of June 2021. It will be hosted only on NBE portal. Candidates must secure passing marks to qualify the exam in order to get the certificate to practice in the country. In case a candidate is not able to pass the exam in this attempt he/she can appear for exam again till they secure passing marks. They must also note that any request for revaluation of answer sheets or re-totaling of marks is not accepted under any circumstances.
Candidates can bookmark this page to get fmge 2021 latest news and all the updates on application process of this screening test.
The schedule for 2021 June session exam is yet to be released.
As per the exam dates issued by the examination authority, it going to be held on 18th June 2021.
No, applicants can apply only in online mode by visiting the official website.
No, the application form once submitted cannot be withdrawn nor they can apply for fee refund.
No, there is no restriction on the number of attempts, it means if you are not able to qualify the exam in one attempt then you can appear again for it. However, one should note that they cannot take this exam again if they have already qualified the exam. This is because it is just a qualifying exam for the screening of candidates.
Yes, facility for Demo test will be made available for candidates so that they can get familiarize with the CBT. Demo test can be accessed from the dates will notified by the board.
Yes, candidates are given a chance to make changes in details and documents in case they have made mistakes in the application form. However, this facility is available only for a certain duration as prescribed by the examination authority.
For queries related to fmge 2021 application process, candidates can drop it in the comment section below.