The National Board of Examination (NBE) invites applications for the Medical Council of India Screening Test/ Foreign Medical Graduate Examination for the December 2023 sessions. This examination is commonly known as FMGE. The officials released the notification for this exam. Its application submission starts on 23 November 2023. The last date to submit FMGE December application is 13 December 2023.
Eligible applicants may submit their application, whose detailed information and links are shared in this article.
FMGE 2023 December Application
Foreign Medical Graduate Examination (FMGE) is a screening test conducted biannually by the National Board of Examination. NBE is responsible for conducting the exam, publishing the result, and forwarding the result to the Medical Council of India and to other state authorities concerned.
FMGE is a mandatory screening test for all students who have obtained a medical degree from countries outside India and wish to practice medicine in India. Without qualifying FMGE such students are not permitted to pursue medical practice in India.
Those looking for information on FMGE 2023 will get all the necessary details here. In this article, we have shared all the latest updates on FMGE 2023 test, such as FMGE 2023 December application forms, application-exam dates, eligibility, exam pattern, FMGE syllabus 2023 pdf, admit card, result, and other FMGE 2023 news.
FMGE 2023 Examination- An Overview
|Name of the exam
|Foreign Medical Graduate Examination (FMGE)
|National Board of Examination (NBE)
|Type of test
|Twice a year (Dec session and December session)
|Mandatory for Indian students (having a medical degree from abroad) to practice medicine in India
|Application submission process
|Date of submission of application
|23 November to 13 December 2023
FMGE Eligibility Criteria
Candidates who wish to apply for FMGE must fulfil all the eligibility requirements. The applicant’s candidature will be cancelled if found ineligible at any stage (even after the announcement of result or pass certificate issued to the candidate). Check the eligibility details given under-
- Candidate who is an Indian citizen or Overseas Citizen of India is eligible to apply.
- Every applicant must have a primary medical qualification and the concerned Indian Embassy should confirm it in the respective country.
- The qualification’s final exam result must have been declared on or before the notified date.
Check the complete details on eligibility requirements below-
FMGE Application Form Submission Process
The application window for the screening test is active now, and those who wish to apply should submit their application before the expiry of last date. Those who are wondering how to fill application form online can refer to this section. Here, we have shared the instructions for online application in various steps. So, scroll down and have a look at the application process-
- Step 1- Visit the official portal of NBE i.e. https://natboard.edu.in/ or https://nbe.edu.in/.
- Step 2- Hit the FMGE December session 2023 link on this page.
- Step 3- Now, go through the information bulletin and other instructions regarding application process before moving further.
- Step 4- Click on the “New Registration” tab.
- Step 5- Enter all the information asked in the user registration form to generate User/application ID & password.
- Step 6- On successful registration login details, i.e. user ID and password, will be sent to the candidate via email and SMS. Applicants are therefore advised to fill valid mobile number and email address in the registration form.
- Step 7- Now log in with the details, and the application form will appear.
- Step 8- Fill all the details correctly in the application form. Upload the documents (scanned image of candidate’s passport-sized Photograph, signature, thumb impression, and other documents) prescribed format.
- Step 9- Select the test city and make payment of the application fee.
- Step 10- Mark the agree tab given in the declaration. Click on Submit button.
- Step 11- Lastly, take a printout of the filled-in application form. Also, print the transaction ID for future records.
FMGE 2023 Application Fee
Applicants have to pay the application fee as prescribed by the examining authority. Applicants can submit their application fees through online payment gateways using their credit or debit cards. It is to be noted that the application fee is non-refundable and any plea regarding carrying forward or adjusting to other exams will not be considered. Check the application fee details shared under-
|GST applied @ 18%
|Rs.7080/- plus charges applicable at various payment gateways.
Foreign Medical Graduate Examination (FMGE) 2023- Dates
Have a look at the timeline of the important events of FMGE 2023 December session exam given in the table below-
|Commencement of online application
|Last date for online application
|Edit window for all the candidates
|15 to 18 December
|Final edit window for rectification of images
|Date of issue of admit card
|12 January 2024
|Date of Exam
|20 January 2024
|Publication of Result
|by 20 Feb 2024
FMGE 2023 Examination Scheme
- FMGE is a Computer-Based Test that consists of Multiple Choice Questions
- There will be only one paper that will be divided into two parts and there will be a scheduled break between these two parts.
- Medium of Exam– English
- Total questions– 150 in each part
- Duration of exam– 150 minutes for each part
- Negative marking– No
- Total Marks– 300
- Passing marks– 150
- Provision for revaluation of marks- No
Once the application process is concluded, admit cards shall be issued to the registered candidates whose applications will be approved by NBE. Admit cards will be issued on scheduled dates. FMGE admit card will be available to download from official portal a few days before the exam and it’s a must for all to carry it on exam day along with required documents.
What is the date for the submission of application forms for FMGE 2023?
As per the bulletin, the form can be submitted by 13 December 2023.
Is there any option for offline submission of applications?
No, applicants can apply only online by visiting the official website.
Is there any option for the withdrawal of the application form?
No, the application form, once submitted, cannot be withdrawn, nor can they apply for a fee refund.
Is there any restriction on the number of attempts for FMGE?
No, there is no restriction on the number of attempts; it means if you are not able to qualify for the exam in one attempt then you can appear again for it. However, one should note that they cannot take this exam again if they have already qualified the exam. This is because it is just a qualifying exam for the screening of candidates.
Can I edit the details after submitting the application form?
Yes, candidates are given a chance to make changes in details and documents in case they have made mistakes in the application form. However, this facility is available only for a certain duration as the examination authority prescribes.
For queries related to FMGE 2023 application process, candidates can drop them in the comment section below.