DASA 2020 application form submission process has been discontinued by the NITK, Surathkal. DASA, Direct Admission of Students Abroad, is launched by the MHRD of the government of India to offer admission to NRIs and students from foreign countries here in India. The scheme is coordinated by the National Institute of Technology Karnataka, Surathkal, India. Every year NITl releases the notification for the interested students to apply for the admission but this year there will be some delay in the admission process.
- DASA 2020 Application Form
About DASA 2020
- DASA 2020- Important Dates
- Eligibility Criteria For DASA
- Application Process to Apply for DASA 2020
- Documents Required to Upload to Fill the Application Form
- Application Fee For DASA 2020
DASA 2020 Application Form
Through DASA the NRIs and students from other countries can get admission to courses like Engineering, Architecture, and Management. To get admission the interested students are to fill the form release by the coordinating institute and take the tests like SAT / GRE/ GMAT. Based on the students’ scores in these examinations, they get admission in different universities. The university can be a government funded or private university.
Latest Update: The DASA 2020 application submission process has been postponed till August 2020. Here is the official notification available on the official website of DASA;
In this article, we have compiled the complete information about DASA including the eligibility criteria, application submission process, and others.
About DASA 2020
The NRIs and students from other countries can get admission to technical and managerial offered by Indian universities through Direct Admission of Students Abroad (DASA). DASA 2020-21 is coordinated by the National Institute of Technology Karnataka, Surathkal, India. To get admission to Indian the nonresidence Indian students and foreigners will have to take the SAT exam but due to COVID-19, the exam has been postponed. So the entire process to get admission in Indian universities for NRIs and foreigners has been postponed until some official announcement. Students who don’t live or belong to India can get admission in NITs, IIITs, IIEST, SPAs, Central and other premium universities through this. Applicants can get the admission in UG courses based on marks scored in JEE Main. To get admission in PG courses the applicant will have to participate in GRE/GMAT. All the participating institutes will offer admission to these students based on the merit release by them. For all the aspirants from other countries, it is a must to clear SAT exam first to get admission in different courses.
SAT 2020 will be scheduled in August month hence the DASA 2020 will start after this exam only. Here we will update about any announcement made by the officials related to DASA 2020 as soon as it will come out.
DASA 2020- Important Dates
Here have a look at the revised dates of DASA 2020;
|Application Submission Process Started from||April 2, 2020 (Inactive Now)|
|New Dates for Registration in SAT 2020||August 2020|
|Online Application for DASA 2020 will start from||TBA|
|Seat Allotment will start from||TBA|
So the new schedule for DASA 2020 is yet to be announced by the authorities.
Check >>> New National Education Policy
Eligibility Criteria For DASA
Read the information given here to find out if you are eligible to take this exam or not;
Any Applicant born on or after October 01, 1995, will be considered as eligible one to participate in this examination.
- The minimum required academic eligibility to apply for DASA is 10+2. The applicant must have done it through his education system and the education system must be accepted by the Indian government.
- Applicant must have done 11th or 12 with Maths, Physics, and BIO, or Chemistry or Computer Science.
- It is a must to score a minimum of 60% marks or 6.50 CGPA in e qualifying examination.
- Applicant should have a minimum total valid score of 1800 in SAT Subject Tests (Subjects: Mathematics Level 2, Physics, and Chemistry).
- To get admission in B. Arch the applicant must have scored 50% individually in Physics, Chemistry and Maths, and 50% marks as total in 10+2.
- To read the eligibility criteria in detail you can click here.
All foreign nationals that complete the eligibility criteria as given above can apply for the DASA. Indian nationals must have completed two years of education, inclusive of 11th & 12th or equivalent (not beyond) in a foreign country in the last 8 years, and must pass the qualifying examination from abroad.
5% supernumerary seats (within 15% of the supernumerary quota of DASA) are reserved for Children of Indian Workers in the Gulf under CIWG quota. Following countries come in this category;
- Saudi Arabia
- United Arab Emirates
Application Process to Apply for DASA 2020
The process to apply for the DASA is completely online. The interested applicants can fill the application form online as soon as it will be available online. For their feasibility here we have instructed that the applicants will have to follow to apply for DASA 2020;
- First of all, you will have to register on the official website of DASA. Here is the address of the website; https://dasanit.org/dasa2019/
- At the bottom of the website you will get two links; one for UG in Engineering and Architecture course and another for PG course. Click on them as per your eligibility and a new page will appear on the screen.
- The new page is the registration portal where you will have to enter your email id and Captcha Code to register on the website. Now a link will be sent to your registered mail-id. Open the mail and click on the link given there.
- A new page will come on the screen where you will have to enter your Applicant ID and Password. Make sure the ID and password must be the combination of numeric and upper and lower case alphabets. Confirm the password and go ahead.
- Here your registration process has been completed. Make a note of tour Id and password for further use.
Step 2: Application Form
- Now you can log in on the page with the help of the application id and password set by you in the first step.
- Submit the preference of colleges and institutes on the page by clicking on their name and pressing the enter button.
- Upload the required documents.
Step 3: Submission of Form
Preview the application form one to find out is there is some mistake. Correct it if you find any bt clicking on ‘Edit the Application Form’ else submit it. You can also download the application form after submission for your reference.
Step 4: Fee Payment
Now you will have to pay the prescribed registration and tuition fee by using online payment gateways like online banking or payment through cards.
Documents Required to Upload to Fill the Application Form
You will have to upload a few documents online to make the application submission successful. All the documents must be with you in a scanned form at the time of filling the application form. Here is the list of required documents;
# In case, 12th standard or equivalent is not completed yet, the candidate has to give an undertaking in the online application
Application Fee For DASA 2020
Here are the details of application fee that an applicant will have to pay to participate in DASA 2020;
The fee given here is excluding the tuition and accommodation fee. Here is the detail of both of the fees;
- The tuition fee will be INR ₹ 62,500 (or as applicable to the candidates taking admissions in Institutions).
- Hostel fees may vary from one institute to another.
The application process to participate in DASA 2020 is on hold as of now. We will keep updating you about the new progress in the application dates. Meanwhile, you stay tuned with us to get the latest update about the admission in different universities.